Start by marking “Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)

Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  239 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Ordered by King Alexander to wed an Englishwoman, Laird Brendan Sutherland heads to England to wed the sister of his best friend's wife. Having no use for love, he intends to beget a few heirs and forget the lass. After being falsely accused of the Sin of Eve when she was twelve, Lady Faith of Hawkhurst hides her beauty beneath a hideous disguise, becoming a hag in public. ...more
Published January 16th 2012 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about Highland Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Promise

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Bride by Julie GarwoodThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
246th out of 477 books — 1,736 voters
The Soul Healer by Melissa GiorgioThe Sight Seer by Melissa GiorgioHappy Pants Cafe by Mimi Jean PamfiloffAn Autumn Dream by Melissa GiorgioSaving Angel by J.L. Weil
Must read list for summer of 2014
109th out of 122 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Miranda

3.5 STARS!!

I enjoyed this book. There was plenty of banter, moments that made me laugh, adventure and love all wrapped up in it. The ending was great. Never saw that coming. I thought the bad guy was someone else. ;)

The heroine, Faith was an ok character. At times she got on my nerves but for the most part she was enjoyable. She keeps on an ugly disguise until after she's married. I was thankful when she did away with it. I got rather tired of the ruse.

Brendon, the hunky and gorgeous Highland
Kristy
Ordered by his king, Brendan is off to England to get an English wife. He promised his best friend's wife, Alera, he would wed her sister (by choice), Faith. Faith is desperately trying to get to Scotland so she can join a convent and become a nun. When their paths cross, Brendan tells her he will take her to Scotland, except he has no intentions of dropping her off at the Abby.

Well this one didn't capture my like the first one book did. I think Highland Captive would be hard to follow up. With
Fatima
Apr 30, 2016 Fatima rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
"Ordered by King Alexander to wed an Englishwoman, Laird Brendan Sutherland heads to England to wed the sister of his best friend's wife. Having no use for love, he intends to beget a few heirs and forget the lass. After being falsely accused of the Sin of Eve when she was twelve, Lady Faith of Hawkhurst hides her beauty beneath a hideous disguise, becoming a hag in public. She believes she must enter a convent and live a life of penance or suffer perpetual damnation.Learning her brother intends ...more
Doris
Aug 14, 2014 Doris rated it really liked it
I really do like this story line- Faith punishes herself by pretending to hide who she is, she is always wearing a disguise to hide her true beauty. When Faith tries to be a heroine and gets in trouble, she runs into the dark and handsome and soulful Brendan, and they have to make some serious choices to save themselves and the day.
Brendan was actually out looking for Faith to make her his wife, even though he didn't really want to - but he cant resist her, and he eventually changes his mind abo
Lisa Elliott
Mar 20, 2012 Lisa Elliott rated it really liked it
Love that we get to revisit past characters from this series. I look forward to the next book, and hope you find as much enjoyment as I did with reading this series. It's fun, whimsical and truly relates the time period and places with vivid details.
Diana
Nov 23, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. The author's voice was a good one, with nice pacing and comedic breaks. Funny, spunky and intelligent heroines, exasperating Highlanders: I will defintely be looking for more of her tiltes.
Bob The Platypire
Aug 21, 2014 Bob The Platypire rated it really liked it
***I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review***

This was ADORABLE! Such a sweet romance between an Englishwoman and a schmexy highlander. I loved the headbutting the two of them did, and have a serious book crush on more than one highland warrior. I like to try and figure out who the "bad guy" is, but this one had me fumbling around and second guessing myself almost until the very end, which is something I love.

The characters were endearing, and I could really feel for Faith, her str
Tammy Hall
Aug 18, 2014 Tammy Hall rated it really liked it
I must admit that I was a little put off by elements of this book. Lady Faith was almost on the side of irritating and the disguise element lasted a little to long for me however, I was able to put these thoughts aside and found myself almost spell bound by the rest of the book. I needed to know if Brenden could ever find himself wrapped up in love or if he would walk away from it. The romance in Highland Promise took my breath away there was something almost magical about it. I truly did enjoy ...more
Modesty_b
a good enough story but I have some issues with it.... I couldn't stand the extreme christian beliefs of the heroine coz they are not beliefs in God but in the perverted priest who likes giving extreme punishments... AND we never get to know what ever in the hell motivates the villain of the story to kill innocent people... he dies in an avalanche & I'm a bit miffed that he didn't reveal anything before he died nor there were any epiphanies after he died as to what the reasons were*Grrr..... ...more
Mar 19, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
This had some very laughable moments.

A story of a young girl who has been tortured with guilt and penance since the age of childhood. We are taken to present day, where Faith our tortured heroine is coming to her fateful day of meeting prince .... um charming. He's a handsome highlander if you haven't already guessed, and on a mission.

His mission happens to be jumping from behind bushes claiming to save his band of warriors, Faith.

We are taken on their journey of happiness from all stages of w
Dalene
Aug 22, 2014 Dalene rated it really liked it
First, I would like to thank the author Mary McCall for giving me this book for an honest reveiw. I enjoyed reading this book, there was a lot of fun along with the seriousness of the situations. The characters are well developed and written and very fun. The story-line is very good and so was the world building. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
Megan
Mary McCall is a new favorite of mine I think. I loved Highland Treasure and Highland Promise was not a disappointment.

Funny, sweet, and a little steamy... this is not a story to be missed.
Amanda Penley
Feb 21, 2015 Amanda Penley rated it liked it
Was cute and funny. not a best seller or anything but still a good read
Tiffany
Jul 20, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it
MEEP I love highlanders!! review to come Aug. 21st as part of a blog tour.
Vee
May 27, 2012 Vee rated it liked it
After reading Highland Captive and Highland Treasure, I was so looking forward to this one. Well, it did not live up to my expectations, Faith was anoying, I guess it showed her age, 17 years old. Never the less I am looking forward to Highland Legacy - Michael and Chris' story. Release date still pending.
April
Jun 23, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the Highland Sisters series and every bit as good as the first. Brendan really gets a surprise when the mask is shed, and she is a handful for him to deal with, which is what he deserves. I have read this book 7 or 8 times and never tire of it.
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Sep 11, 2013 Kat Valencia-Benitez rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book a lot. Its funny and romantic. Love the characters as well. Im confused about roland though.. Revenge for what?
Lisa Belcastro
Great book! Read it in two days. Was surprised, and loved not figuring out who the "bad guy" was.
Heather
Jun 17, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: medieval
2.5 Stars. DNF at 62%. I was going to skim but Faith is just TSTL.
Cona Hartwig
Jun 14, 2012 Cona Hartwig rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book!
Connie Ballesteros
Jul 17, 2012 Connie Ballesteros rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance

Fun read!
Kamilah
Kamilah rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
sharon
sharon rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Karen Smith
Karen Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Akilah
Akilah marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Heather Davis
Heather Davis rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Soesxx
Soesxx rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2016
Naomi Boom
Naomi Boom rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Kaitlin
Kaitlin marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • The Border Laird's Bride
  • The Dark One: Dark Knight (De Russe Legacy, #2)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • Captive Heart (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #2)
  • Mail-Order Bride (Mail Order Series, #1)
  • Walks Alone
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #2)
  • I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
  • Captured Heart (Highland Hearts, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • T'on Ma
  • Raeliksen (Emerald Isle Trilogy, #1)

Sisters by Choice (3 books)
  • Highland Treasure (Sisters by Choice 0.5)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)