Start by marking “Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Charmed: Season 9, Vol...

Paul Ruditis

Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2 (Charmed Comic Series #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The girls are back in town! Season 9 of Charmed continues in the pages of this graphic novel from Zenescope. Follow along everyone's favorite trio of witches as Paige, Phoebe, and Piper continue their adventures from the hit TV series.
ebook, Nook
Published (first published March 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Charmed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed

Sara
Jovy
The first thing I noticed was that the artwork clearly individualised the girls this time, clearly distinguishable from each other thankfully. The men could still use a little work though, and the artwork style keeps changing - I’m new to comics though - is that normal??

The storylines themselves revisit some old issues, from season 2 we have the conclusion to Morality Bites - we meet Cal Greene and find out what he did to deserve the death Phoebe gave him and how. It was a wonderful conclusion t
Tom
The writing was pretty good but this book was ruined with the art. For some reason they felt the need to draw each person different in every chapter/issue. Sometimes the faces almost looked unhuman.
Alisha
Cover: I adore this cover of the Charmed ones.

Things that I liked: I loved reading this graphic novel. I love seeing what the Charmed ones are up to after they supposedly retired. I love that the girls are still having to fight evil that tries to take over. I love the vibrant colors that were used in coloring of the pages. I've always loved their adventures and the way that they always figure out what they need to defeat the evil of the day. Here I can see it and I can read on how they defeat t
Liz
Full review to come...eventually!

{Notes}

*I still believe nothing can compare to the original tv show, but I'm at least glad I get to continue this series is one form or another.
*The plot arc was much better than in Volume 1! It flowed better, didn't feel rushed, and was entertaining. So, bravo to the writer! I still have issues with the dialogue not sounding like the girls, but it wasn't as noticeable in this one as the first.
*Again, my biggest complaint was the art. This time around, I'm going
Adrienne
This is the second collection of the comic book issues which continue the Charmed canon. Having read the 1st issue a while ago, I could have easily picked up this one without reading it or even remembering what it was vaguely about. As a fan of the show, it is true to the plot structure of what an episode would be like. However, the inconsistency in how the girls are portrayed can get a little frustrating. Specifically, Paige’s character is drawn differently in all 7 issues. It might be little c ...more
Alexandra
This was much better than the first issue. The stories were more interesting and they really did use a lot of the show's history. I already know the Prue we know and love won't be making an appearance, but I'm still excited to see her back in whatever form she may take. It's been too long.
Sylvester
Lyric
Dec 19, 2012 Lyric rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans, female comic book readers, wicca fans
Shelves: comics
The story is amazing in comic form. The page allows the characters to do so much more than the small screen ever did. The story is epic and I know it will allow these characters to grow into the heroes they always had the potential to be. Allowing television series like Buffy, Angel and Charmed into the comic book world has given them the power they were always promised. I can't wait to read the next one!

P.S. When will we get ROSWELL the comic book?
Manpreet
This one was a bit better than the first, it's still hard to recognize which sister is which at times but because now I know the story better it's pretty easy to guess. The story was also a little better this time around and i will definitely continue reading. It's also nice when the story doesn't only focus around demons because this technically is the happily ever after so it's nice they incorporate average days of their lives as well.
Matthew Leeth
Natalie Rochester
summary: Overall, 5 out of 5 stars. I really like the artwork and story-line of this one and it helps that I'm starting to get more used to reading this kind of format. Can't wait to see what happens in Volume 3.

full review: http://quirkygirllikesvintage.blogspo...
Luke
This is the second volume in the Charmed graphic novel series.

I thought this volume was amazing. The plot was spellbinding. The characters were exactly as they were in the TV show. It's even got incredible visuals for each power. Amazing!
Mary
The first chapter's art was amazing!
The looks of Phoebe and Coop was dead on!
I enjoy the plot lines as well.
Prue's story was surprising to me. Wonder how that'll go.
Cassie Hawkings
Fantastic! Action me like! I can just hear the dialogue being said in the show if they had of decided to make a ninth season of the show. Can't wait to read the rest of season 9.
BookPrincess
BookPrincess marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Cece Dennis
Cece Dennis marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Asha
Asha marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Lili Hardy
Lili Hardy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Marina Jenkins
Marina Jenkins marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Porsche
Porsche marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Evi Van Huygevoort
Evi Van Huygevoort marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Chris Bunton
Chris Bunton marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
  • Light of the World (Charmed, #36)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Mystic Knoll (Charmed, #28)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • Shadow of the Sphinx (Charmed, #16)
  • House of Shards (Charmed, #37)
  • Inherit the Witch (Charmed, #23)
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • High Spirits (Charmed, #39)
  • Demon Doppelgangers (Charmed, #32)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I
More about Paul Ruditis...

Charmed Comic Series (4 books)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 3
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 4
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3 Love, Hollywood Style Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1 The Four Dorothys Rainbow Party