Start by marking “Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5)

Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon #1.5)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  469 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Note: Some of the events in this collection and More Than Moonlight have been incorporated into the second edition of Moonlight Becomes You.

Between Moonlight and Luck...

A free collection of three vignettes, occurring after Moonlight Becomes You, but before The Luckiest.

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Moonlight

Heather C
Mar 06, 2012 Heather C rated it really liked it
This is a must read free short story for anyone who read and liked Moonlight Becomes You. I really liked getting to see where Jesse and Shane's relationship went following their story. Plus, getting a brief taste of Nick's continued downward spiral into depression and his addictions. Can't wait for his book The Luckiest to be released soon.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
What can I say, I loved this hot group of shorts by this dynamic writing duo! It just made me want Nick's story even MORE. More more more more Piper and MJ!!
Chris
Feb 04, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of three short stories that take place after Moonlight Becomes You , but before the forthcoming The Luckiest . The first one tied up a loose end from Moonlight, and the second two bridge into The Luckiest.
Alissa
Feb 13, 2015 Alissa rated it really liked it
*4 stars

3 hot and steamy shorts picking up right where Shane and Jess's story ended in Moonlight Becomes You. Great addition to the series. Loved them all.
Jordie.R
Feb 06, 2012 Jordie.R rated it it was amazing
First read Moonlight Becomes You and then, when you want more of Shane, Jesse, Kayden and Nicky, read this. It will help make the wait for The Luckiest a little easier:).
Heather♥
Feb 07, 2012 Heather♥ rated it it was amazing
Loved how hot Shane and Jesse were together, so tender and romantic too. And then there's Nicky...
Ami
Feb 07, 2012 Ami rated it liked it
While I still grumble over the way the story went on Moonlight Becomes You (you just need to see my review on the reasons), I cannot really complain on how these three short stories (FREE!) go. The first two stories are about Shane and Jesse, after, and it's sweet and quite romantic. The last one is a bridge to the sequel, "The Luckiest", which will be released in March 2012. I think it'll be interesting to read Nick's story after reading his short story here.
AղցҽӀɑ W.
This book was too short
Deeze
May 26, 2012 Deeze rated it it was ok
Nothing too special. A couple of brief sweet scenes with Jesse and Shane but mostly just a excuse for quick sex. (view spoiler)

The 3rd short gives us a brief look at Nick I assume to set the stage for his story. After that I'm not sure I really want to read more about him. I am curious though if the authors can actually get me to change my mind about the jerk lol.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
This was a quick hot read!! We get to see Shane & Jesse finally come together (well as Shane & Jesse)...it's tooth achingly sweet :) We get some some really hott action as well. Now Nick...you get a glimpse into how he 'handles' his problems, so when you start The Luckiest you'll have a bit of an idea of how he's been dealing.

This was a fabulous series...I enjoyed both books & also the free reads! I'd definitely recommend it to others.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
Oh My Gosh, I'm glad I went back after book 1 and read this it is so not to be missed...It has awesomess inside ...more
Isabella
Ahhh, my boys are back!!! YUMMMM!!!!
Jacq
Aug 18, 2013 Jacq rated it really liked it
This truuuuuue love. HEA for them :)
Lena Grey
Nov 29, 2014 Lena Grey rated it really liked it
Aftermath
Shane has finally figured out that Kayden, his rival, is, indeed Jesse, his proverbial one that got away then have to immediately go onstage. After performing what seems like the longest concert of their lives, they ache to get together, but know they still have to wait a while. The rest of their band is shocked to hear Jesse and Shane declaring their devotion and take the news that Kayden is actually their old band member, Jesse, with varying degrees of acceptance. They all need time t
Kathy
Oct 28, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
Lucky Moon 1.5
Beyond Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #1.5) by Piper Vaughn Beyond Moonlight by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O'Shea
This is a collection of three vignettes that take place between Moonlight Becomes You and The Luckiest. The three stories are:
Aftermath - Which is almost completely included in the most recent release of Moonlight Becomes You.
Affirmation - Which is also almost completely included in the most recent release of Moonlight Becomes You.
Allegiance - Which for the first time gives us the story from Nick's point of view.
Sophia
Jan 15, 2014 Sophia rated it really liked it
This set of three vignettes that are the follow up to Moonlight Becomes You were the perfect resolution to that book and prelude to the next one.

I only had one gripe about the first book and that was solved with these little pieces that give closure for Shane & Jesse as well as a peek in to how passionate they can get.

This shouldn't be read in isolation due to it really being just follow-up and part of the previous book's plot nor should it be read before the first book because of serious
Sandra
I'm pretty sure that these were all in the edition of Moonlight Becomes You that I read.

Aftermath– "It felt so perfect. They were finally touching the way it was meant to be. No anger, no resentment, just wonder."

Affirmation– "The last leg of the tour, after that concert at Madison Square Garden, had been like a fantasy. Part of him still expected that any second he'd wake up and it would've all been a dream."

Allegiance– "He started walking, feeling a little unsteady on his feet, with only one t
Piper Vaughn
Update: 4/24/14

Just FYI, for anyone curious. Some of the events in this collection and More Than Moonlight have been incorporated into the second edition of Moonlight Becomes You (published by Dreamspinner Press in April, 2014). The 2nd edition is over 60K words (original: 44K), including the content mentioned above as well as new scenes, and was also released as a paperback. If you have yet to read our free vignette collections but planned on buying the new version of MBY, it might be better to
Riina Y.T.
Lovely! But I think all scenes are now included in the latest (2014) edition of Moonlight Becomes You
KV Taylor
May 22, 2012 KV Taylor rated it really liked it
Adorable vignettes about the guys from Moonlight Becomes You. I love seeing the stuff that has to be left off the page/comes after the story when I'm really into characters, so these were super fun for me. Loads of Jesse/Shane sexing and cooing over each other, plus a few moments I'd kind of thought about while reading the book ("Wonder if they talked about that...?"), which is always awesome.

But the best was Nicky's vignette at the big gay wedding. Just because he's such a horrible (read: aweso
Lala
Oct 08, 2014 Lala rated it it was ok
Tooth-achingly sweet. Yuck.

Thankfully, there was the bit with Nick...his jackass attitude was really refreshing.
Rissa
Aug 03, 2014 Rissa rated it really liked it
More Shane and Jesse happiness!
And oohhhh curious about Nick! What's going on?
Teetee
Jun 09, 2014 Teetee rated it really liked it
Fun little bits of HEA, lots of sex, and a hint of Nicky for the next book…
Otterpuss
Mar 28, 2016 Otterpuss rated it liked it
The last scene some deserves all three stars on its own.
Brooklyn
Mar 10, 2016 Brooklyn rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies, mm-romance
I read the second edition of Moonlight Becomes You, so most of this was a re-read of some of the sweeter moments between Jesse and Shane. I was able to skim them because they were somewhat fresh in my memory. But the little bit with Nick at the end definitely set me up for book 2, The Luckiest.
Elizabetta
In this interlude between Moonlight Becomes You andThe Luckiest we get more Shane and Jesse up close and personal. They make up for lost time in this decadent romp. It seems that this also acts as a set up for more of Nick's story and boy does he have some surprises in store... me likee.
Karlijn
Confusing.
Monica Alexander
Aug 10, 2013 Monica Alexander rated it it was amazing
I really liked these short stories about Jesse and Shane and getting to see them together after everything they went through to find their HEA in "Moonlight Becomes You". I also really loved Nick's story since it was such a great way to showcase where his head was at in the start of "The Luckiest". He's by far my favorite character in this series, and I love reading things from his perspective. He just doesn't hold back, but you can also see how vulnerable he is and how he needed someone like Lu ...more
Kendra T
Feb 08, 2012 Kendra T rated it it was amazing
Shelves: musicians, mm
This just keeps getting better! I held off reading these 3 shorts until I could get all 3 together because I am impatient. Once I started, I'd want more. Of course that still holds true because now I want Nicky's story! Awesome as always. (view spoiler). Can't wait for the next one and hope to see much more Jesse and Shane!
Nic
Feb 03, 2013 Nic rated it really liked it
This short story falls perfectly between Moonlight Becomes You and The Luckiest.
It opens with some beautiful scenes between Shane and Jesse as they explore their re-found love. It closes with a glimpse of the terribly unhappy, doped up and slutty Nick as a fabulous hook into book #2.
  • Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
  • Heartstrings
  • Genesis (Heaven Sent, #5)
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Tabloid Trouble (Missing Butterfly, #1.5)
  • American Love Songs
  • Metal Heart
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One
  • Kiss
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Dirty Laundry (COP Birthday Bash Free Short)
  • Get It (Enemies to Lovers, #2.5)
Piper Vaughn wrote her first love story at eleven and never looked back. Since then, she’s known that writing in some form was exactly what she wanted to do. A reader at the core, Piper loves nothing more than getting lost in a great book—fantasy, young adult, romance, she loves them all (and has a two thousand book library to prove it!). She grew up in Chicago, in an ethnically diverse neighborho ...more
More about Piper Vaughn...

Lucky Moon (3 books)
  • Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • Moonstruck (Lucky Moon, #3)