Start by marking “Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants” as Want to Read:
Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants

Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When King Colin's golden pants go missing, he calls for Sir Scallywag, the bravest knight in the land. But . . . Sir Scallywag is only 6 years old and with an evil giant to pursue, it's nearly mission impossible! Luckily, it's a story of David and Goliath. With his trusted steed Doofus at his side, Sir Scallywag proves that even the unlikeliest hero can be the bravest knig ...more
Published January 19th 2012 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants

Joanne
Review of ‘Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants’ by Giles Andreae

The story is about a king who own s golden underpants and without his underpants he holds no power. One day a giant steels his golden underpants and so the king sends out young scallywag a six year old boy to retrieve them. The reader is left wondering how a small boy will defeat such a big giant but he does and the closing lines of the book are,
‘So, boys and girls, remember this-
Although you may be small…
Have courage, and you t
Mary
May 26, 2012 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: small boys, small girls, oh anyone really
Shelves: bens-books
Another one to buy and enjoy over and over and over again. I still haven't gotten tired of reading aloud "They're my underpants of glory, my underpants of power, my breakfast will be ruined if they're not back within the hour" - and that's saying something, because I seem to have read it a thousand times.

A small quibble (that they might want to fix in the next edition?) - having read it so many times, it seems to me that if King Colin's eggs are "still just warm" when he sits down for breakfast
Shakira Hussain
This is a fantastic and fun book. Sir Scallywag's significant golden underpants are absolutely hilarious for both adults and children. There is no doubt that it will make KS1 and Early Years children laugh. It is a great book for teaching story telling to KS1 children as the significant events can be used to explain the beginning, middle and end of stories. It is also a very fun book to do role play on either with the sue of puppets or with costumes.
Nancy
I had to giggle at the title. Only can children’s books get away with such a curious title grabber. Then you begin to read the book and realize that King Colin is over the top, not just a little bit, but waaaay over the top and the title does not seem so out of place at all.

The characters are engaging - picture Russell Brand with golden underpants. Now I know that sounds too much for 4 – 7 year olds, but they will not know who Brand is and you the reader will get an extra chuckle. If you or your
Susan Mann
My boys and I are big Winnie the Witch fans, and this is a similar style so we loved this book. The books is aimed at boys I'd say from 3-6, however I am sure girls would love it to. It is perfect for my two who are 3 and 5. They laughed at the name and we all giggled away at this great story.

The book is about a king who has golden underpants which he sees as lucky. They are stolen by an evil giant, so he goes about wearing no pants. Now that's pretty funny in itself. The king get his bravest k
La Coccinelle
Oh, my goodness! Well, this was different. It's the sort of book that would probably be appreciated most by little boys... but the fun illustrations and jaunty meter would make it fun for most kids (and for the parents who might be reading it aloud). I found it rather difficult not to guffaw when reading lines such as:

"They're my underpants of glory,
My underpants of power!
My breakfast will be ruined
If they're not back within this hour!"

So, all in all, it's a pretty fun little book. I'd definitel
Tina Cousins
Hilarious, excellent and cheeky rhyming story, that everyone will love.
Stephanie
Feb 01, 2012 Stephanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stephanie by: wegivebooks.org
Shelves: children-s
My 4 yr old boy loves this book. It is bold and its irreverence speaks to him. His love of knights and jousting of course is the drive but golden underpants was the cherry on top. What can I say...I LOVE the illustrations!! And the rhymes are fun and easy to read.
Yes, I will be reading this many times until he gets bored with it.
metimoteo
Lots of fun! A clever rhyming tale with suitably silly illustrations to complement the narrative. This will be an instant read-aloud favorite and should see regular turnover in any elementary school library. Many children will giggle and snicker at the sight of the king's bare bottom. Highly recommended!
Della
Done by the same great kids authors of Giraffes can't Dance, this will yet again have the youngsters laughing out loud. Fun of fabulous rhyming text and wonderful bright and funny illustrations this is a funny tale of King Colin and his missing golden pants. a perfect bedtime story for years to come.
Janin
I read this book online through http://www.wegivebooks.org/ It's a good poem that made my boys laugh a lot, though it was a little wordy and awkward to read at times. A cute concept that will make kids laugh, introduce them to poetry, and probably improve their vocabulary.
Rachel
My son howled with laughter at this book. Very clever, highly amusing and also a bit rude (only the showing of the King's bottom of course!)
Den
A womderful bright and welcoming book for youngsters. I love the bright illustrations and the rhyming verse. Superb.
Cassie Taylor
A hilarious book that most boys would get a kick out of. Wonderful for vocabulary development.
What a silly book, but I think my 4th grade boys especially will like it.
Maya
I saw this performed in Sheffield with my friends, It was very funny
Faisal
Faisal marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Nahim Odud
Nahim Odud marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Nanjika
Nanjika marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Prakash
Prakash marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Giles Andreae is the author of several children's books, including the best-selling Giraffes Can't Dance, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees. He is the creator of Purple Ronnie, one of the most successfully licensed cartoon characters in his native England.

Giles lives with his wife and three children in Notting Hill, England.
More about Giles Andreae...
Giraffes Can't Dance Rumble in the Jungle Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books) Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs Pants