Start by marking “Flings and Arrows” as Want to Read:
Flings and Arrows

Flings and Arrows

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Steph Garvey has been married to husband Si for 24 years. Steph thought they were soulmates. Until recently. Surely one’s soulmate shouldn’t put Chelsea FC before her? Or boycott caressing her to fondle the remote control? Fed up, Steph uses her Tesco staff discount to buy a laptop. Her friends all talk about Facebook. It’s time to get networking.

Si is worried about middle
Published January 17th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Flings and Arrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flings and Arrows

Maureen Vincent-Northam
Reaching middle age, Steph and husband Si’s marriage isn’t all it should be. Their son’s love life has far more going for it and even their 70-year-old neighbour is attracting several suitors.

Things begin to go seriously amiss when Si gets entangled with a voluptuous blonde and suffers a black eye due to mistaken identity. Steph gets the wrong end of the stick and takes up with an old school hunk. Meanwhile, neighbour June joins a salsa class and lands an over-sexed younger man (he’s a mere 64).
Lynda Kelly
I got 17% into this and packed it in. Too many mistakes and I found it all a bit silly. Perhaps it's written by someone quite young or for people younger than me !
Clique was spelt as click, poring as pouring and there were a lot of missed commas, I found.
I thought the story sounded interesting with Steph being fed up after 24 years of marriage while her 70 year old neighbour June is getting to be out on dates !!
However, I can't overlook the mistakes so it's not for me.
Hilarious read, my first from this author. Steph and Si have been married 24 years and complacency sneaks in. Si is content watching football with the odd grunt as communication to his wife. Bored Steph buys a laptop to see what all the fuss is about Facebook and reunites with old friends.
Tom their 18 year old son is shagging whatever he can get his hands on, preferably older women who are not looking for a commitment, after all he is heading off to University soon and does not want to be tied d
Jade IAnson
I enjoyed the story and found it easy to read. There was some parts in the story that made me laugh out loud. I did find the storyline a little bit predictable and having read stockings and cellulite from the same author first I found the storylines to be very similar and this took a little bit of the magic away for me.
Still a good book to read.
Rebecca Emin
This book is a satisfying novel to read, with plenty of complex characters; some more likeable than others. I particularly like the characters Arnold and Tom, both secondary characters but they move the story lines along fabulously.

The book has a wonderful blend of inter-twining plots and it made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

In summary, Flings and Arrows is a book I would highly recommend to people who like contemporary womens fiction. I am looking forward to reading more by this talented
Book-shelf Shelf
Really wasn't sure what to think when i started this book.... but getting a couple of chapters in and i was laughing my head off. Debbie puts things in that you couldn't even dream of happening and puts such humour in it, you will be laughing. One of the funnies things is, it could easily remind you of things that have happened to you.... all the miss-haps of the day just making it unbelievable!

Would recommend every one reads this to make the day brighter and just cos its a bloody good read!!
Mandy Baggot
Fantastic chicklit novel, full of twists, turns and surprises! Loved it! Steph and Si are a typical married couple, stuck in a rut...until Steph finds an old school friend on Facebook and Si turns the head of a voluptuous barmaid! Cue chaos! Who really wants who? Will love win through? And what of pensioner neighbour, June and her new beau Flash Harry? Will it be salsa or sorrow?

A great, easy read that will keep you turning the pages!
Jill Chatwin
I really enjoyed this book and didn't want to put it down - loved the characters in the book and how the story was based on a misunderstanding that could so easily happen in real life.
Narielle Living
I had downloaded the book Flings and Arrows to my kindle app a while ago, and finally started reading it this week. What an awesome book! Debbie Viggiano does a wonderful job with this, and people that have been married for any amount of time will certainly recognize and appreciate her marital insights! It's a fast moving, funny read, and I highly recommend it.
laughed.. went omg really? thought about how things have been for me during "the change" and realized reality was laughing at me saying " you see that hormones swings make others irrational and jump to odd conclusions too. laugh in the ridiculousness of mid life"
At first I wasn't sure I was going to get along with this book, but about 4 chapters in I was hooked and finished it in one day. An interesting and humorous look at how relationships can drift along and drift apart, before imploding!
Oh my word!!! What a tangle but what a brilliant and very funny book. I couldn't put it down, good job i don't sleep at nights. A brilliant read it most certainly got my chuckle muscles going.
Ailsa Britain
A free Kindle download and chick-lit so I wasn't expecting great things - but I actually really enjoyed it. A pleasant surprise. If I could, I'd give it a good solid three and a half stars.
Jenn D.
I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. But I did! It was both cute and funny and I highly enjoyed it! (More to come.)
Highly entertaining comedy with believable characters and plenty of amusing plot twists and turns.
Menardo V.Pineda
it is a Good book but I love the storyline too! a must have for every reader!
A quite enjoyable read . Written in romantic but humorous way .
Leigh Mitchell
Very funny free Kindle read. :)
Lynn Reinhardt
Lynn Reinhardt marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
kirstin marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Hazel marked it as to-read
Rachel Colclough
Rachel Colclough marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Emma Dargue
Emma Dargue marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
jane marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Sheryl added it
Oct 19, 2015
C Subramani
C Subramani marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
  • Prime Time
  • Excess All Areas (Freya Johnson #1)
  • Working It Out
  • Out on a Limb
  • Picture Imperfect
  • Forever Is Over
  • Happy Hour
  • The Eyes of a Stranger (Nan's Heritage #4)
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • A Lighter Shade of Gray
  • Diary of a Mummy Misfit
  • Stirred with Love
  • Helter-Skelter
  • Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)