Start by marking “The Rainbow Maker's Tale (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Rainbow Maker's Tale (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1.5)
read excerpt

The Rainbow Maker's Tale (The Ambrosia Sequence #1.5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  9 reviews
“I wasted no time looking around the bland plastic space I had lived in all my life. There were no real memories here for me, no cherished moments or things to reminisce over: all that had stopped when I was eight years old and learned that life on the SS Hope was built on lies.”

Outwardly, Balik is an obedient member of society on Space Station Hope: he follows The Council
Published by Bookbaby (first published November 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Rainbow Maker's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rainbow Maker's Tale

Insurgent by Veronica RothPandemonium by Lauren OliverThe Selection by Kiera CassUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiThe Boy Who Played With Dark Matter by Holy Ghost Writer
2012 Must Have Dystopians!
56th out of 113 books — 530 voters
Echo by J.K. AccinniThe Host by Stephenie MeyerEndure by Carrie JonesExistence by Abbi GlinesBlack Moon by Jessica McQuay
Eyes On You
56th out of 258 books — 199 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
This review can also be found on my blog: A Match Made in Heaven

I dont know if this book wasnt as good as book 1, or if I have just changed a lot since it was released. I suspect the latter. It has been 1.5 years and 245 books since I read Hope's Daughter. I have changed a lot as a reader. But regardless, I really enjoyed this book. There were just a few things I noticed that I didnt notice in book 1.

There seemed to be a lot of internal monologue. I love internal monologues, it really reveals a
Paulina (The Little Book Pixie)
*I received a free copy in exchange of an honest review*
Rating: 4 stars/ 4.5 stars
I read this book immediately after reading the book Hope's Daughter so I was a bit worried that I might find this book boring since it's the same plot only that it's told in Balik's point of view but fortunately I was wrong. It surprised me that I found Balik more interesting than Cassie.
Main Character : Our hero in this book is Balik, a young man who lives in space station Hope but hates it there because a lot of
Kaylen
*I received a free copy in exchange for my honest opinion*

This was both an interesting and dull read for me. When I heard that it was a parallel novel to Hope's Daughter, I expected parallel in the sense of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.. where everything takes place in the same time at the same place but follows two different people and gives two different sides to the story. This book did that, but not in the way I anticipated. In this book, I read the exact same 400 page book all over, just
aside*from*writing
Second installment to the series, which follows the same timeframe as Hope's Daughter, but is told by Balik this time.

It's been a long while since I read Hope's Daughter and I loved going back into the world of the SS Hope. I think in some ways I preferred this version of events to Cassie's - Balik is such an interesting character and I liked finding out about how exactly he knew all the secret things he seemed to in the first book - I suppose tying up the loose ends.

At first I wasn't so sure
Sarah (TotalTeenFiction)
Full review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I read Hope's Daughter last year and was really excited to hear from the author who offered me the chance to review The Rainbow Maker's Tale! The book follows Balik and his life on the Space Station Hope as he becomes increasingly suspicious of his surroundings.

This book is billed as 1.5 in the series, as it's effectively the first book but told from
Ruty  B
There is always more than one side in any story and this time we get to see Balik’s POV of what happened in Hope’s Daughter. Basically is the same story, different point of view.

This book could be divided in two really different half. The first part passes slowly mainly because Balik has long moments filled with thoughts and theories. This half was a bit difficult to read despite that presents some new information. Balik has a fast and logical mind but somehow he manages to have long and deep co
Tony Talbot
The sequel to Hope's Daughter follows Balik’s storyline through the same events of the first book, told from his POV this time.

It’s an interesting choice for a sequel, and it fills in a lot of the blanks from the first book. I really liked Balik’s logical self-sufficient approach to life, and his approach to solving problems. He learns that trusting someone isn’t a weakness, but a strength – indeed, towards the end of the book, Cassie has to save him.

The world building was as strong as Hope’s Da
Michael Mardel
The Rainbow Maker's Tale by Cusick-Jones is set in the future and revolves around a teenage boy and girl from the boy's POV. The author lets us know how Balik's mind works and this is very introspective because he suspects their small world is built on lies. He spends a lot of time exploring this until he starts a conversation with Cassie. She fills up his head and he debates whether to trust her with his thoughts about their world. Will they escape or die?
Emily
Apr 04, 2012 Emily marked it as to-read
I LOVE THE COVER!
Melodie
Melodie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Sharon palafox
Sharon palafox marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Elizabeth Ashley
Elizabeth Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Marni
Marni marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Sadie Forsythe
Sadie Forsythe marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Clare Havens
Clare Havens marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Ioulia
Ioulia marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
zjlht
zjlht marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Tesla
Tesla marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Becky House
Becky House marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Danni
Danni marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Lynxie
Lynxie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
After graduating from The University of Sheffield with an English Literature Masters in 2003, Melanie has been writing fiction - time permitting - ever since.

'Hope's Daughter', released in December 2011, was Melanie's debut novel and the first release from The Ambrosia Sequence. The companion book 'The Rainbow Maker's Tale' was released in late 2013 and the next novel - 'Outlanders' - is due in 2
More about Melanie Cusick-Jones...

The Ambrosia Sequence (3 books)
  • Hope's Daughter (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1)
  • Undertones (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1.5 - Missing Moment)
  • Outlanders (The Ambrosia Sequence, #2)
Hope's Daughter (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1) Taking Flight (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1 - Missing Moment) Undertones (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1.5 - Missing Moment) Outlanders (The Ambrosia Sequence, #2)

“Love is having someone to do nothing with.” 8 likes
“Ambushed by my emotions, I now found myself caught up in an unexpected whirlwind of confusion, embarrassment, hope, and excitement... Was this love? Is this how it felt when you loved someone? A thousand thoughts and impressions a second, with no time or ability to focus on a single one, because the only thing I could see was her.
Cassie.
Whatever else I knew or wanted, would now--and always--be overshadowed by her. In my head, this sounded extreme, but at the same time, I knew it was true. The center of my world had shifted in what felt like a single second and I realized it was too late for me. There was no way back from here.”
3 likes