Start by marking “Merlyn's Raven” as Want to Read:
Merlyn's Raven

Merlyn's Raven

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Falling in love is the ultimate magic. For Gwendydd, a young woman in 5th century Wales, it seems an unobtainable fantasy. She dreads the day her chieftain grandfather will marry her off to increase his allies among the warring tribes of Britain. When she meets the mysterious and handsome druid apprentice Myrddin, Gwendydd realizes just how difficult falling in love can be ...more
ebook
Published April 17th 2012 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Merlyn's Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merlyn's Raven

Love Is Never Past Tense... by Janna YeshanovaThe Ruby Brooch by Katherine Lowry LoganThe Billionaire's Bauble by Ann MontclairSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutKeeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn
Best ebooks
24th out of 459 books — 644 voters

More lists with this book...

Lee Howard
I recently finished the excellent first novel by a long-time student of Arthurian legend, Rose Vanden Eynden. MERLYN’S RAVEN is a romantic fantasy set in fifth century Wales.

Gwendydd, the illegitimate child of an allegedly wild woman, suffers her mother’s reputation, but longs to know the truth of her heritage. Slated for a loveless marriage to her chieftain grandfather’s political ally, she meets and falls in love with a druid’s apprentice, a handsome man with golden eyes, possessed of second s
aobibliophile™
"The future has taken root in the present." - Merlin, Excalibur (1981)

Gwendydd is raised under the stern and watchful eye of her chieftain grandfather. as she approaches a marriageable age, her grandsire sends her to the druid Blaise. under Blaise's tutelage, Gwendydd learns the art of healing and falls in love with his apprentice druid Myrddin Emrys, also known as Merlyn.
author Rose Vanden Eynden's novel brings us back to a tumultuous period in 5th century Wales of warring British tribes, inva
Rachel at theJeepDiva
This story is one we are familiar with but yet not. This is a story of Merlyn but instead of the wizard that he was so well known for being. We learn of him as a young man and the young girl who fell in love with him. I love this time period and sword play but the best thing about this time period is the magic. In this age everyone knows of magic some are scared and believe only a demon would wield such powers and others just believe. This story has both of those people.
This story takes place in
Kati
This was a really enjoyable read. It wasn't very long, though quite a bit happened, so it felt longer than it actually was (I mean this in a good way). The tone was very soft and soothing, so it was a nice book to pick up at the end of a long day and relax by becoming emersed in the magical tale of Merlyn, Gwendydd and the others. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the Arthurian legends, as well as books about historical fiction/fantasy.

I hope there will be a next instalment, as I am very
Casey Wyatt
Wonderful Arthurian Fantasy!

Not since the Mists of Avalon have I been so riveted by an Arthurian tale. I could not put this book down, nor could I read the words fast enough. Merlin was always my favorite character and the author weaves a wonderful story of him and his love, the brave and compassionate, Gwendydd, all while evoking the great legend of Arthur. I highly recommend this book to lovers of both fantasy and romance books.
Donna
I have always loved the Arthurian legends and read them since I was young. This one goes to the top of my list. An incredible story that I didn't see coming (which always delights me) that reads true and strong in this genre. Highest recommendation - Rose is someone to watch.
L.E.Olteano
I went into this read expecting some Arthurian romance story about Merlin (or Merlyn, or however you choose to call him). I'll start off by saying this read a lot more like epic fantasy then what I was expecting, and as you guys know by now, I'm not really a lot into epic anymore.

The writing is really good in that epic sort of way, the tone and vocabulary of the read fit really well with the Arthurian setting. The prose had a really nice flow, though I've become more of a fan for more accessible
Char Chaffin
Rose Vanden Eynden's debut novel, MERLYN'S RAVEN, is not only an amazing tale of young Merlyn, but a glimpse into history as well. Her depiction of fifth-century Wales is spot-on, and the rich imagery she creates is the perfect backdrop for a tender love story between Merlyn and his Gwendydd. Ms. Vanden Eynden has expounded on a little-known myth surrounding Merlyn the man as well as the magician, and shown us an alternative to the future birth of Arthur that makes complete sense.

The majesty and
Liz
Wonderful. It is helpful to know the the King Arthur story to a degree, but not completely necessary. This is an interesting coming of age story through the eyes of teenagers discovering that they are greater than they thought they were (like most). Of course, most teens do not have the talents of Merlin. I enjoyed this fast reading book, and so did my middle school aged daughter. It did strike me as a teenage read, but I enjoyed it none the less. I hope this author will continue to write.
Angie Booth-peters
I was pleasantly surprised by this book although I did struggle with pronunciation of the names, the little glossary that is in the back would have been helpful at the front of the book but it was as a whole a good read that brought you in to a world of magic!
InD'Tale Magazine
Merlyn’s Raven is a lyrical tale of magic and romance. Vanden Eynden has a way with words.

Read full review in February 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Faith Szarek
This book reminds me not to judge by the cover. I thought I would hate it, but found it to be absolutely intriguing, drawing me into a magical and ancient world. The second half lost a little steam, but overall, the book was a great read.
April Kooiman
Looking forward to reading this in a couple months for bookclub. One of our members is a friend of the author and Rose will be a guest at our bookclub meeting :)
Diamond
3.5/5 stars.
Shehu Anjuwon
Shehu Anjuwon marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Francesca
Francesca marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Perspehone
Perspehone marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Chesspalomino
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Teresa Da
Teresa Da marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Anne Ramsey
Anne Ramsey marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Kathryn Fenti
Kathryn Fenti marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Lilolily
Lilolily marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Reverend Rose Vanden Eynden has been a spiritual student all of her life.

At sixteen, she began reading Tarot cards and became a professional consultant in her early twenties. She holds a Bachelor of Science in education from Wright State University and has been a licensed massage therapist since 1996. Rose started studying mediumship in 1997, and in 2000, she became a certified medium with the In
More about Rose Vanden Eynden...
So You Want to Be a Medium?: A Down-To-Earth Guide Ask a Medium: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions about the Spirit World Metatron: Invoking the Angel of God's Presence