Start by marking “Marrying Missy” as Want to Read:
Marrying Missy

Marrying Missy

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Tate Sullivan is in a fix: her best friend, Missy Martin, is getting married.

With constant criticism from Missy Martin, Buckhead heiress and bride-to-be; stress from her intense nursing job; and a short-temper on the rise from her high powered, attorney husband, Georgia-native, Tate Sullivan is engaged in the ultimate balancing act.

Tate has to cope with sleep-deprived nigh
ebook
Published October 20th 2011 by Bird Brain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Marrying Missy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying Missy

Amanda
I have to say when this book came up in my book club… I just rolled my eyes. I thought oh great another romance. Boy was I wrong. This book had every thing. I really enjoyed it. The author did a great job with this story and telling every part. There is a lot going on but you never feel overwhelmed.

The story is about Tate trying to help her best friend Missy gets married. You get enough back-story to understand their friendship. Missy is an Buckhead heiress and bridezilla. Tate is down to earth
Kelly
I picked this book out looking for something to read by the pool on a summer afternoon. I wanted something enjoyable and light that could keep me hooked throughout the story, and that's exactly what I got. It's not the type of book I typically go for, but I was looking for the perfect summer beach read, and I think I found it!

After the first chapter, I was absolutely convinced I wasn't going to like it. I couldn't stand the character of Missy, and Tate was a total pushover. It didn't take long f
Colleen Everly
Liked It! This book was not what I generally would read, but I found that I enjoyed it. This book hit on some subjects that can be very controversial. Missy was raised to be a not so nice person yet she still managed to have a best friend who really cares for her. I personally would have found it hard to like Missy but they seemed to make it work.
Kelly Gomez
The reader gets so much more than they bargained for with this book. I was expecting typical Bridezilla horror stories from the Matron of Honor about the bride. Indeed, I got a whole lot more on that. Wedding planning lays out the timeline for this book but very little emphasis is actually placed on it. The focus is on this friendship that readers wouldn't necessarily understand at first. There is a lot of relationship conflict and characters you easily fall in love with. I read this book in lik ...more
Linda
3.5 Stars

For some reason I thought this would be a wacky fun read, but there were areas that were definitely not lighthearted. At times I didn't know whether to be offended or just see the positives in the book. I definitely rolled my eyes a lot. As for the characters...I liked some of them and disliked just as many.

Meet Tate. Overall, I liked her, but there was definitely a time or two in this book where I sat there completely baffled how she could be so clueless. Tate is a nurse married to an
Michelle
I think this was supposed to be charming and whimsical, but it wound up being awkwardly heavy, and there wasn't a single character I liked. I think you are supposed to find them flawed but lovable, and I just didn't. I hate everyone except the main character.
Heidi Rothert
The secondary character, Missy drove me crazy, but it is fun to read a book by someone from back home in Indiana. Good messages about hope and recovery. Overall a good read.
Karen
Read this book in one day!
Justine
Marrying Missy was this weeks book of the week in my review group and at first I was a little hesitant to read it because it is out of my usual genre but I'm glad I did. I found this to be a quick, fun and easy read. I finished this novel in one sitting and was entertained the whole time. I did find the story to be a bit predictable but still enjoyable. I loved all the humor present and even with some of the darker parts of the story this was still a cute, fluffy read.
At the beginning of the bo
Paula Ratcliffe
**Won through GoodReads FirstReads! Thank you to the author for providing this copy!**

I honestly wasn't sure if this was going to be a rom-com/chick-lit book or not, but I love to read anything with a strong female lead in it so I figured this was worth a shot!

While there was a blossoming romance throughout this book, and even some amusing best friend moments, I found that Marrying Missy was much darker than I had anticipated. Tate, the main character, is in the midst of a rapidly crumbling marr
Ginnie
What I can honestly tell you is that I am so, so with this book. The story wasn't really all that bad. It had it's good parts. But I really wasn't all that into the characters. Missy was just to spoiled bratty for me most of the time. And god I kept hoping a t-rex made it over here from Jurassic Park to eat Ben. Yeah I said it. And Tate, poor Tate. All I could really do with her was just shake my head. There was a lot of eye rolling for this book. But it was actually well written. So besides th ...more
Barbara Gordon
I read this book for my book groups book of the week. I started the book with zero expectations, as I wasn't really in the mood to read a "romance" novel. But I have to say, I'm glad this book was chosen. It made me laugh, get angry, parts made me sad and it definitely kept me in suspense. And I was NOT expecting one of the twists... like ZERO clue, which is great! I love it when a book surprises me! The only part I didn't like was how racist and shallow Missy and her family was. I'm sure there ...more
Clare
Some nicely placed unexpected twists helped this mystery along. I liked the setting of a wedding center since it allowed for lots of interactions and characters.
Chanpreet
This book is really good! It starts off with you thinking the book is going to go in one direction and then goes off in a completely different direction, leaving you guessing as to what's happening. Some of the characters you can't help but like, Tate, for example. Then there are others who fit in a gray area like Missy. And then there are those you just out right dislike. It also deals with complicated material, adding layers of depth to the book. It's not all sunshine and roses, but it's writt ...more
This book has one particularly strong section, which makes the whole thing worth reading. But the beginning and the end fall flat. The author has potential, but the first 50% of this book is setup. The climactic scenes (and you know what they are if you've read the book) are done very well.
Hemmie Martin
I wondered whether I would ever like one of the main characters when I began reading this book, as her annoying characteristics were well written. The story became more urgent to read as I progressed, and the author threw in some surprising events, which kept me interested right until the end.
Barbara
75% - 34 chapters and I gave up. There were parts that held me and made me want to read but in the end my dislike for Missy wouldn't allow me to turn the next page to see what comes next. I would give this author another try because she writes well, but I need less of a spoiled Missy.
Stephanie
I loved this book! It was fun and easy to read. I did catch that there were several mispellings which dropped my rating. But I did very much enjoy the story.
Misskitty
There's only one thing that bothers me about the story... I thought that Ben's mistress was Kate but at the end the story it's written as being Jennifer?????
Luisa
Nice easy read! Started a bit slow and picked up speed and depth as I read along, until I was passing the pages fast to find out what happens next.
Dani Petty

This book surprised me. I expected some fluff story, but this had twists you didn't see. I was pleasantly surprised.
Joni
A cute romantic novel--a quick read. A delight way to spend an afternoon if you just want to be entertained.
Martha
A clean romance (and not christian). The heroine lack a little gumption, though.
Norma
Had a couple of nights that it was too hot to sleep. It passed the time.
Jacque
Good read with believable characters!
Katie
Quick, easy read with a decent story.
Kristin Lutz
Such a fun read by a talented author!
Nory
A bit predictable.
Cristy Traylor
Cristy Traylor marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Featured eBooks @...: Marrying Missy is $0.99 on Kindle 1 1 Oct 22, 2013 08:24AM
  • Dear Cupid
  • The 19th Element (James Becker, #1)
  • Hot & Spoiled (De La Cruz Saga, #5)
  • Husband Hunting 101
  • Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • Divorcees.Biz
  • Causing A Commotion
  • Slim to None
  • Fresh Powder
  • Last Chance Summer: A Short Story (Last Chance, #5.5)
  • Cowboy Trouble
  • In the Lion's Mouth
  • Stuck with You
  • Invisible Magic (Invisible Recruits, #1)
  • Much Ado About Marshals
  • Before Her Eyes
  • Accidents Make the Heart Grow Fonder
Sarah Elle Emm is the author of the Young-adult fantasy and dystopian, HARMONY RUN SERIES, published by Winter Goose Publishing.(PRISMATIC, OPALESCENT, CHATOYANT, NACREOUS). Her debut fiction novel, MARRYING MISSY, an Amazon Best Seller in marriage, was published by Bird Brain Publishing in October 2011. Sarah shares her Southwest Florida photo blog, "Sarah's View from the Bottom," at SarahsViewfr ...more
More about Sarah Elle Emm...
Prismatic (Harmony Run #1) Opalescent (Harmony Run #2) Chatoyant (Harmony Run #3) Chatoyant (Harmony Run Book 3)