Start by marking “The Last Way Station: Hitler's Final Journey” as Want to Read:
The Last Way Station: Hitler's Final Journey

The Last Way Station: Hitler's Final Journey

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  18 reviews
On April 30, 1945, Adolf Hitler, one of the most notorious mass-murderers in history, retired to his room in his bunker, 25 feet beneath the old Reich Chancery garden. Above him, the Red Army was encircling Berlin as his dream of a thousand-year Aryan empire lay in ruins. Hitler placed a glass cyanide capsule between his teeth and pointed a loaded service pistol at his rig ...more
Published November 14th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published May 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Way Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Way Station

Lynnette Phillips
Jon Reisfeld invites us to accompany him on a different kind of vision quest; one that begins at the instant of Adolph Hitler’s suicide.

The imagery of Hitler travelling through the afterlife is vivid and poignant. We relive the evil of der Führer. Evil so intense and deep-seated he cannot be allowed to join the general population for his own safety.

Note: This book is a quick read - it only took me a couple of hours.
Allizabeth Collins

On April 30, 1945, Adolf Hitler puts a pistol to his head and pulls the trigger, ending his monstrosity of a life; but soon after, he finds himself at "a way station" between Heaven and Hell - awaiting judgement.Will the atrocities he's forced to relive bring redemption or damnation? Or is the evil within him too strong for salvation?

This seventy-two page novella caught me completely by surprise. I don't particularly enjoy reading books based on the "what ifs" of real events
Nathalie Brault
This was quite an interesting read. First of all it's a novella and it contains only 74 pages, so it's quite rapid to get through. I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Jon the author is quite talented here, writing about this delicate subject which is Adolph Hitler. Don't get me wrong, this book doesn't really go into gross details of the Jewish camps and all the horrors that went on during that war. But it's more about when Hitler dies after committing suicide.
He's then confronted by an afterli
This was a very quick read but satisfying. The story opens just after Hitler has shot himself in his bunker. He wakes up in a "way station" between Heaven and Hell. There is no way Hitler can go to heaven and he is considered even too evil for Hell. He is led on a journey to redemption. But I will tell you no more. I loved the ending!

I won this book from BookEternity blog.
This is a very short book, only 74 pages. I finished reading this in less than an hour BUT the story is still fresh in my mind even after a week! In this book, the author wrote Hitler's story after committing suicide. Where is he now? I can't forget what Hitler did to the Jews. I even had to research on the Holocaust because I wanted to know everything about it. I hate reading things like this but I felt I had to know.

I highly recommend this book to all readers and book bloggers. When you are d
I must start this review by stating I won the book through a goodreads giveaway.
What an interesting short reading that is thought provoking. I'm glad that the author didn't make this novel as painful as he could have. He got right to the point and therefore his message wasn't muddled. I must say that the cover art doesn't go over well when reading the book in a crowd. Great short novel. I recommend giving it a read.
Interesting read. Short and to the point. It certainly portrays an afterlife that is totally incompatible with Christianity, but I think it also shows how impossible it would be to work off our sins.
Paul Riecks
Very interesting book, Well written. I enjoyed it.
Melanie Adkins
Hitler hears the last seconds of his life coming quickly. Suddenly he's in a space that doesn't look familiar. He has dreams his father may have had some Jewish heritage. Fevered dreams send him back in time to his grandmother's house. It's there he learns his hatred of Jews. His grandmother blackmails a Jewish family to get money to live on. She stressed to Hitler that Jews thought they were the Germans betters. Hitler is sent to the ultimate rehabilitation facility. There he must answer for t ...more
A short interesting little book. I love the end!
The Last Way Station begins moments after Hitler’s successful suicide, when the Führer finds himself mysteriously transported to a numbingly cold, solitary holding cell in the afterworld. There, he meets his caseworker, a supernatural being tasked with helping him face, and work through, his sins. The caseworker explains that Hitler will remain in solitary confinement indefinitely, as he prepares his soul for eventual return to the material world.
Peggy Holloway
I enjoyed this story but it can't be classified as a book. It is more of a short story. But, having said that, this writer is a hell of a writer and I feel that if he had plumped the story up a bit more it could have been a wonderful book. Maybe if he had put in more of the cases instead of just saying Hitler went through many lifetimes as many different Jews, it would have been better. It left me craving more, which I consider a good thing.

I believe this author has more potential than any of th
Colleen Lahey
I really enjoyed the way the author ended this book.
An interesting look at Hitler's "life" after his suicide. I found it a quick read. I had very little time to read this book and was able to finish it quickly even though I rarely spent more than a couple of minutes reading at a time.
Very thought provoking!!
Aug 26, 2013 Christie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Christie by: BookBub
This was totally different. A what if story about Hitler and the end of his run for total world domination. This was a short story that took no time to read. I know I wouldn't have gotten this book if it wasn't for free.

Just totally different.
Im sorry buy if you thought this was a good 74 page book. You have to be crazy. I cant believe i wanted to read this. This has got to be the stupidest book i have read. Would not recommend it
Mar 21, 2012 Tara marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
My 14th goodreads win!! :) I look forward to reading this. I am reading another book about Hitler at this time (here & there) & he was very interesting. Although, it is sad how things were.
I'm sorry but this book was just weird and uninteresting to me, and I generally enjoy history. I couldn't finish the book, even though it was pretty short.
Andy McIsaac
Bunkum. Poorly written bunkum at that.
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
wittbirds marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Cari marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Devon marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Alisha Allen
Alisha Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Queen and the Courtesan
  • Final Mercy
  • The Spruce Gum Box
  • Spanish Serenade
  • Soul and Shadow (Lily Evans Mystery, #1)
  • Cold April
  • Just Deceits
  • Lady in Waiting
  • Amelia's Last Secret
  • Spirited Away (Spirited Away, #1)
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Death of a Serpent (Serafina Florio, #1)
  • Noble Cause
  • Undead Reckoning
  • The Midget's House
  • A Kingdom's Cost (The Douglas Trilogy, #1)
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • Freshwater Road
Hi, I'm Jon. I'm an Amazon best-selling author, writing coach and editor.

I write thrillers, historical/visionary fantasy and sci fi books.

And today, I'm giving a 5-chapter sneak preview of one away!

Just go here: to get your FREE preview of the First 50 pages of The Reform Artists -- my legal-suspense / spy thriller, will be published on January 5, 2016.

Now, if you're REALL
More about Jon Reisfeld...