Start by marking “Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries, #4)

Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries #4)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  32,032 Ratings  ·  676 Reviews
Mia and Michael are finally an item, but Grandmere seems to have other plans. Just before the happy couple's first hot date, an unmissable royal engagement turns up. Could it be that Michael doesn't measure up and that (please not!) Grandmere's got someone else in mind for Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?
Published May 2006 by Arena (first published September 6th 2002)

April
Jan 25, 2016 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
EVERY BOOK IN THIS SERIES HAS THE CUTEST ENDING AND I END UP SWOONING LIKE CRAZY BECAUSE MICHAEL MOSCOVITZ OMFG
Jessica (priceiswong)
I had to give this one a four instead of a 5 like the others.. Mia was SO whiney.. She was in Europe yet l she could think about was missing Michael.. That part didn't really bug me. BUT once she got home, she started just acting crazy. First, she goes through that phase where she reads Jane Eyre and thinks she should ignore Michael and basically play hard to get. Okay girl, I just read pages after pages of you missing him and now you're NOT going to call him back? Are you kidding me? I'm glad h ...more
Shannon (leaninglights)
Actual rating 3.5 stars
Least favorite so far in the series. Mia took a drastic turn in this book and was pretty obsessed with a boy and nothing else. Granted, she is 14 years old so it's understandable to a point, but she was a bit melodramatic in this one. Still enjoyed overall and will continue the series though!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I can praise Michael Moscovitz forever and ever and ever. Mia was a little more annoying in this one than I remembered so I docked it a star, but still so fun!
Norah Sumner
"How do I know Michael hasn't met some other girl?
Some Floridian girl, with long,sun-streaked hair, and a tan,and breasts? Who has access to the Internet and isn't cooped up in a palace with her crazy grandma,a homeless,Speedo-wearing prince and a freakish,hairless miniature poodle?"

I missed The Princess Diaries so much!I loved reading about Mia's adventures in Genovia and Grandmère's schemes.Also,love the movie refrences-Meg Cabot sure knows how to make her readers laugh!
"Hello," Lilly said.
Rachel Brand
Jan 13, 2008 Rachel Brand rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to read a book which they don't have to concentrate on
Shelves: teen-ya, 2003, meg-cabot
Sonja - Intellectual Badass
description
Because even a princess has to have fun sometimes.

'The Princess Diaries: Mia Goes Fourth' is a short but delightful read. I loved reading this novel and I'm looking forward to picking up the next book in the series! ^ ^

On a whole another note: I love Chris Pine in Princess Diaries 2 (the movie) :D
description
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
3.5 stars.
Soooo much of this book was Mia doubting Michael's love for her, and that drove me a bit crazy. However, the cuteness level is still through the roof & I love it. Also, I adore Michael as a character.
Katie
Now this one I liked better than I remembered! Mostly my memories were of Mia's worry about Michael "loving" her versus being "in love" with her. I still think that's kind of silly, but I felt more sympathy for her overall. (I think I read this around when it came out, so I would've been 19 or so. Almost-32 me sees it in a different light, I guess.)

And there was more to the rest of it than I remembered. I liked seeing Mia in Genovia. Back in the day, I was just eager for her to get back to Micha
Julia
May 18, 2008 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is probably the worst princess diaries book I've ever read. It is okay but the entire story is about Mia in Genovia (the small European country she will one day rule) and she is missing Micheal her boy friend. It is very annoying to here her constantly talk about Micheal and if he is going to break up with her or not. After I read this book I decided to take a break from the Princess Diaries books because I just couldn't take it! Mia was becoming too Micheal-obsessed and the books were ...more
Sabine
Feb 15, 2009 Sabine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia has the boy of her dreams, finally! But how fair is it that she is whisked off to Genovia for several weeks before they can even have their first official date? And what with trying to help boost Genovia's infrastructure income, trying to find time to text her beloved, and worrying about the perfect present for his birthday, this Christmas vacation is anything but restful.
After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books (11 of t
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Princess Mia was finally in Genovia with her Grandmere, and her princess lessons continued during her winter break. When she met the people of Genovia, Mia had unintentionally started a debate about the installation of parking meters in the place, which didn't bode well with her constituents.

I just thought Princess Mia complained a lot in this book. She always said she had no idea how they ended up together, and that she missed Michael a lot, especially now that they're continents apart, but ho
Melissa
Jul 27, 2009 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This may be the straw. The final one. The whine factor in this book is so rediculously high I may just skip to when Mia is supposed to be older to continue with this series.

Mia spends most of the entire book (which only spans a few months) being paranoid or a big mouth.

I wonder if I was this annoying when I was 14. If I was I certainly wouldn't have written it down for anyone to find and read. Who goes into their boyfriend's bathroom to for a half hour afterwards to write about their amazing d
Clara
Sep 16, 2015 Clara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Eu tinha dito a mim mesma que não amoleceria na hora de avaliar este livro em particular, mas como não ser sentimental avaliando essa série? Dos quatro volumes que eu li até agora, este foi o que eu menos gostei. Até a metade, ele foi incrivelmente maçante e repetitivo; depois da metade... bem, um pouco menos. E vou admitir agora: caso não se tratasse d'O diário da Princesa, eu provavelmente teria dado 2 estrelas sem nem pestanejar.

Mas, cara... ainda que o quarto livro não tenha feito jus aos an
Mehsi
1.5 stars, this was the worst (as of now at least) part in the Princess Diaries series. Of course, I will still continue this series as it comes out (in the re-released covers thing), but I do hope they will be way better than this crap.

This won't be a long review, I just want to throw out my frustrations regarding this book.

Let me start that I was completely, and utterly confused at the beginning of the book. Normally everything, and anything is mentioned to great details, but in this one, sudd
Howdy YAL
Feb 01, 2015 Howdy YAL rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To see full binge for books 4, 41/3, 4 1/2, and 5 click here.

Groans.

Do I have to?

If I was reviewing books when Princess in Waiting came out, I’d probably give up on The Princess Diaries series. This is my least favorite book in the series and I really think it was a waste of space-if you would’ve added some of Valentine Princess to it I think it would’ve been a stronger book.

The good thing about this particular installment, was I sort of knew what I was getting into when I reread it, so I didn’t
Jill
Jan 24, 2009 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. So far, the most amusing of the Princess Diary series. It's written in short journal style form where you are basically reading Princess Mia's personal diary.

1a. If you haven't figured it out yet, once I read one book in the series, I have to read the entire series.

2. I like that someone managed to write a teen series without explicit sex and use of profanity. I'm fine with explicit sex and profanity, and I know that's part of the world today, but come on. It doesn't always have to be used. (
Candi
Jul 27, 2010 Candi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Oh man, I wasn't sure if this series could continue after such a great ending to book #3, but I have now found one of my favorite quotes ever:

"There was a DJ who stayed up for eleven days straight, the longest recorded period of time anyone has ever gone without sleep, and he started playing nothing by Phil Collins, and that's how they knew it was time to call the ambulance."

It's like me and Meg Cabot are besties, because Phil Collins is THE WORST.

Ah crap, now I'm starting to write things like M
Sheida
Aug 02, 2015 Sheida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of me wanted to roll my eyes every time Mia talked about how she's been in love with Michael forever since she kind of only figured it out a few months ago, but then the other part of me remembered that this is supposed to be the diary of a 14 year old and if my own diaries at 14 are anything to go by then at that age (and well ... kind of when you grow up too) it's normal to exaggerate to make everything seem more dramatic than it is. Anyways, I'm enjoying my re-read of this series a lot e ...more
Ioana Calinoiu
Jul 20, 2015 Ioana Calinoiu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this in 2 hours at 4am while battling insomnia. I docked one star because it was kind of a filler book, nothing really happened but still... It's the princess diaries. It's awesome and adorable and anyone who will fight me on that shall suffer greatly.

Also, I see that people complain that all the book is Mia obsessing about Michael and saying how much she missed him. What were you expecting to find in the diary of a 14 yo girl?
kari
Feb 10, 2015 kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2015
While I liked seeing bits of Mia's time in Genovia, most of this book is taken up with thoughts of Michael. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but her lying to him about something very important, well, that doesn't start out a romance too well.
Still, it's a fun read and I enjoy Mia's voice.
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
I just had to read something bubbly in between reading 'Heir of Fire' by Sarah J Maas. These are quite addicting!
Safa
Apr 21, 2015 Safa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. I just got SO annoyed at Mia. She literally has 0% confidence in herself..
Amaranthos
Siento que los libros de la saga, son como capítulos de una serie de televisión. Pasa mucho pero no pasa nada y todo podría resumirse en veintidós minutos (¿eso duran?).
Al final del libro, siento unas ganas locas de escribir la reseña, pero cuando al fin tengo el teclado en frente de mí, no se me ocurre que escribir. Básicamente el libro, cuenta la historia de Mía, y su preocupación por que Michael la deje. Las primeras páginas transcurren en Genovia. Y las últimas, en la primera semana de regre
Michelle
Mar 22, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh no. This might be the worst book of the series (so far).

Book 3 ended with Mia and Michael finally getting together. I then spent most of Book 4 wondering what the hell was wrong with Michael to end up with Mia. Mia spends most of Book 4 wondering how they ended up together too. As Mia constantly says, Michael is a senior with early admission to an Ivy League. He has his own webzine, his hobby is computers, etc. Basically he's cute, smart, and interesting. And as Mia whines, she's too tall an
Maria
Aug 01, 2013 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the series up to this book. Mia is terribly annoying. She moans the whole book about how Michael is going to break up with her. Why is this such a big problem to just say that she cannot come to a date because of the family commitments? And am I the only one who thinks that it is wrong for 17 years old to date 14 years old?
Kristine
Jun 12, 2008 Kristine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun book--really different to see things from the 14-year-old perspective again! I really enjoyed this book-- once I could forget about the way these characters were portrayed in the movie.
Sarah Actually
I mostly skimmed this one, because it is very ridiculous. There are plenty of funny moments, but the entire thing is Mia freaking out over something that is not hard for a normal human person to resolve with the simplest, most basic form of communication. It is very realistic in terms of being 14, or at least my memories of being 14 and freaking out over the dumbest things, but it is pretty grating to read now. (I will say that the very flawed interpretation of Jane Eyre from every single charac ...more
Jenne
Mar 13, 2007 Jenne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya

I think this is where I gave up on the series.
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess in Waiting 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 02:10PM
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Alice the Brave (Alice, #7)
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Family Affairs (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #3)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Losing the Plot (Angels Unlimited, #2)
  • Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • It's Not Easy Being Mean (The Clique, #7)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

“French: why does this language even exist? Everyone there speaks english anyway.” 37 likes
“I realized Michael was right. I mean, I am always writing in this journal. And I do compose a lot of poetry, and write a lot of notes and emails and stuff. I mean, I feel like I am always writing. I do it so much, I never even thought about it as a talent. It's just something I do all the time, like breathing.” 17 likes