Start by marking “Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries, #4)

Prinsessenlessen (The Princess Diaries #4)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  26,974 ratings  ·  511 reviews
Mia and Michael are finally an item, but Grandmere seems to have other plans. Just before the happy couple's first hot date, an unmissable royal engagement turns up. Could it be that Michael doesn't measure up and that (please not!) Grandmere's got someone else in mind for Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo?
Published May 2006 by Arena (first published September 6th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Prinsessenlessen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prinsessenlessen

Rachel Brand
Jan 13, 2008 Rachel Brand rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to read a book which they don't have to concentrate on
Shelves: teen-ya, 2003, meg-cabot
Sabine
Mia has the boy of her dreams, finally! But how fair is it that she is whisked off to Genovia for several weeks before they can even have their first official date? And what with trying to help boost Genovia's infrastructure income, trying to find time to text her beloved, and worrying about the perfect present for his birthday, this Christmas vacation is anything but restful.
After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books (11 of t...more
Julia
This book is probably the worst princess diaries book I've ever read. It is okay but the entire story is about Mia in Genovia (the small European country she will one day rule) and she is missing Micheal her boy friend. It is very annoying to here her constantly talk about Micheal and if he is going to break up with her or not. After I read this book I decided to take a break from the Princess Diaries books because I just couldn't take it! Mia was becoming too Micheal-obsessed and the books were...more
Melissa
This may be the straw. The final one. The whine factor in this book is so rediculously high I may just skip to when Mia is supposed to be older to continue with this series.

Mia spends most of the entire book (which only spans a few months) being paranoid or a big mouth.

I wonder if I was this annoying when I was 14. If I was I certainly wouldn't have written it down for anyone to find and read. Who goes into their boyfriend's bathroom to for a half hour afterwards to write about their amazing d...more
Jill
1. So far, the most amusing of the Princess Diary series. It's written in short journal style form where you are basically reading Princess Mia's personal diary.

1a. If you haven't figured it out yet, once I read one book in the series, I have to read the entire series.

2. I like that someone managed to write a teen series without explicit sex and use of profanity. I'm fine with explicit sex and profanity, and I know that's part of the world today, but come on. It doesn't always have to be used. (...more
Candi
Oh man, I wasn't sure if this series could continue after such a great ending to book #3, but I have now found one of my favorite quotes ever:

"There was a DJ who stayed up for eleven days straight, the longest recorded period of time anyone has ever gone without sleep, and he started playing nothing by Phil Collins, and that's how they knew it was time to call the ambulance."

It's like me and Meg Cabot are besties, because Phil Collins is THE WORST.

Ah crap, now I'm starting to write things like M...more
Kristine
This is a fun book--really different to see things from the 14-year-old perspective again! I really enjoyed this book-- once I could forget about the way these characters were portrayed in the movie.
Jenne

I think this is where I gave up on the series.
Rebecca
I wasn’t as keen on this one as I have been on the other books in the series. Mostly because in this one Mia was so angsty and whiny that it got on my nerves a little.
I thought it was funny that they made reference to a movie that was made about Princess Mia and her life, which of course there is. Those parts made me laugh a lot.
I have to say that I don’t really see what’s so appealing about Michael. At the moment he seems kind of boring and generic but I’m hoping that maybe he’ll develop furthe...more
Marianne
I can't... Really bring myself to like this book.

So basically the 259 pages of the book focus on Mia whining about how she can't go on a date with her boyfriend Michael, the boy she's been in love with for 8 years... I would've put up with this, if there was a significant other plot present somewhere in the book. There wasn't. What did the book amount to in the end? What was the message that we received at the end? That it's okay to whine and mope for about 100 pages because you can't go on a d...more
Anna
ynopsis

From the Back Cover
Mia's back from her first royal trip to Genovia. Now she's ready for what's REALLY important: her love life. Mia and Michael are finally an item...more
Monica
Mia thought she could handle her formal introduction to the Genovian populace. She didn't expect to cause a rift in the political structuer when she suggested that parking meters would provide a great deal of revenue for the tourist destination. Calamity has ensued, though, and despite her best efforts she feels as if she's sinking more than swimming. On top of all that, she's finally gotten together with Michael, the object of her desire for, well, her entire life. Can you be someone's girlfrie...more
Karen
I loved the references to the movie that was made of Mia's life in this movie because it was obvious that it was referring to the actual movie made from the books (which I watched again last night!). Too funny. I wish Mia would learn to be a little more assertive and trustful of herself (and those around her), but she is still really young (only 14). But at least she figured out what her secret talent is!
Lisa
Mia is now dating Michael and dealing with being a Princess, as well. I love the part where she makes a detailed list of how to take care of her cat, Fat Louie. Fat Louie in general is my favourite part of the Princess Diaries books.

Anyway, there's also lots of talk of Jane Eyre and cute lists in this book. Quick and cute read.
Sara
I tried this one on audiobook, but Anne Hathaway spoiled me! It's not that the new girl isn't nice, but in my head, she's just not Mia. Instead, I have gotten the further adventures of the princess out of the library...

I actually DID wind up on the audiobook for this one. And the book didn't let down or disappoint.
Melanie
It wasn't Anne Hathaway reading this time! This narrator has a slightly nasal voice that grated on me when I first started listening, especially since I had finished book three only a few minutes beforehand, so the differences between the voices were more acute. Still, a light, entertaining read.
Erin (NY)
Not as good as the first 3, and is a bit repetitive (Mia still has all the same obsessions and keeps writing about the same thing!) but still pretty entertaining to read. I will probably end up reading the rest of the books, but just to find out what happens.
Shalin
Can I say I love Micheal more than Mia? But Mia is always so humorous... I like her. I really like how her concerns and thoughts are real. I still find the book refreshing to read though it's not my first. I'm still kept at the edge of my toes.
Robin (jason&robin)
I have to be honest, Mia really annoyed me in this book. Hardly any time went by and it was pretty much the same thoughts for over 200 pages. I want to see what happens in the end so I am going to keep going. This was just hard to get through.
Rachel Lightwood
1.5 stars.

I think I have been pretty open about my thoughts of the Princess Diaries series. They aren't exactly a favourite of mine but I am painstakingly making my way through the series hoping that maybe, hopefully, along the way I will find at least one decent book. Mia Goes Fourth wasn't that one. In fact, it was the worst of the series so far.

In the fourth instalment of this series, Mia and Michael have finally gotten together but Mia is quickly whisked away to her royal duties in Genovia...more
Lauren
Lovestruck!Mia, you are so adorable, as is your super dorky boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I lost some teeth from all the sap. I hope we see a little more sarcastic!Michael in the future. I like when he calls Mia by her last name.

This was the last volume in the series I read, and I'm not sure why, because Meg Cabot has certainly still got the voice of a 14-year-old down. This installment also included a bunch of meta references to the Disney movie, which made me laugh out loud.

Bonus: Lily and Mia's...more
Kim
Jul 20, 2007 Kim rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens
Romance. Insecurity, (insecure) mostly on Mia's and Michael's relationship.
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
Pretty much could be summed up into fifty pages..but whatever.
Soumyaj
I did not like this book very much. I understood that the author was trying to portray a boring vacation in Genovia, but I think she got a little carried away, making the section of the book that takes place in Genovia incredibly boring. I had to force myself to not just skim the pages. It was a slow, boring book and I don't recommend starting to read the series. If you already have, then go ahead and read it. It's not bad enough to quit the entire series, although if the section in Genovia was...more
Thebookbutterfly
Shamelessly silly and hugely entertaining.
Becky
It's been a couple of weeks since Mia and Michael shared their first kiss at the winter dance. Mia is now spending Christmas in Genovia, and missing Michael like mad. Her Grandmother seems determined to keep them apart and keeps Mia busy and introducing them to Princes and other 'respectable men'. Even once Mia is home, her grandma still seems determined to interfere and now Mia must choose between an official first date with Michael or a Royal Ball.
I still love Mia's feisty wit and sassy attit...more
Carmen
Mia really does seem to stress herself out way more than she needs to be. But I think a lot of us are like that, well girls anyways, we overthink things. Before she overthought whether Michael was her secret admirer or not. Then she was trying to break up or not break up with Kenny. In this novel, she's trying to figure out whether Michael loves her or is IN love with her, even though he pretty much told her to her face that he loved her and had made out with her since. I certainly don't kiss my...more
Arminzerella
Yasmina
Mia goes a little stir-crazy in Genovia. Between dinners with world leaders and trying to do some damage control with the whole "pit thing" she hardly has time to talk to Michael (also the huge time difference). Mia is convinced that when he said that he loved her at the dance he might not mean that he was in love with her, even though there was some mentionable kissing. She thinks that he is going to meet some Kate Bosworth-ish girl who can surf and weave bracelets. This makes Mia completely fr...more
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess in Waiting 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 02:10PM
  • Love is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Alice in April (Alice, #5)
  • Tall Cool One (A-List, #4)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Fogging Over (Angels Unlimited, #5)
  • Girls in Tears (Girls, #4)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“French: why does this language even exist? Everyone there speaks english anyway.” 34 likes
“I realized Michael was right. I mean, I am always writing in this journal. And I do compose a lot of poetry, and write a lot of notes and emails and stuff. I mean, I feel like I am always writing. I do it so much, I never even thought about it as a talent. It's just something I do all the time, like breathing.” 14 likes