Merrick's Destiny (Bloodhounds, #1.5)

Merrick's Destiny (Bloodhounds #1.5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  29 reviews
A short story set between Wilder's Mate and Hunter's Prey.

Merrick Wood is a wild man--literally. For six decades he's stalked the Rocky Mountains as a bloodhound, fighting a losing battle against the vampires who have taken over most of the American frontier. He's sure he's seen it all, until an airship crash leaves him caught behind enemy lines with a concussion and a mat...more
Published February 12th 2012 by OmniLit / All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Merrick's Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merrick's Destiny

Irena
Merrick Wood and Paralee Colton are the only survivors of a crash. They are stuck in the Deadlands with ghouls roaming around during the day and vampires during the night.

Paralee isn't as ignorant as the blurb implies. I liked her very much. There isn't any whining, oh, my God, what should I do or any nonsense like that. She takes everything she wants and she isn't playing a damsel in distress. Another thing I loved that neither is she a pushover, nor Merrick tries to belittle her in any way. He...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
First off, I have to mention the cover. Worst. Cover. Ever. I know, I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover...but really...that weird beard has to go! However, after getting over my fit of giggles after looking at the cover I did indeed ignore it and started to read.

Merrick is a Bloodhound, modified by scientists so that he is stonger, faster, heals quickly and can also change in to giant wolf. But despite his healing abilities he wakes he with a case of short term memory lose with a smoul...more
Brenda
Merrick's Destiny is a short novella released as part of All Romance e-Books 18 Perfect Strangers promotion. I will admit I had a brain cramp and completely forgot it was coming out until the email from ARE came in my inbox. I bought it immediately, and read it nonstop. This is story 2.5 in the series, but it can easily be read as a stand alone, or even an introduction to the series. I loved it from start to finish. Merrick is gruff, and I think the cover is a great representation of him. I know...more
Susi
Review originally posted at Book Lovers Inc.

Merrick’s Destiny throws us right back into the world of the Bloodhounds. After an airship crash Merrick can’t remember anything that happened before only that out of nowhere his mate is sitting on him trying to bring him back to life. His mate! To say he’s shocked by that would be an understatement but he knows it deep inside- this is the woman who will make him whole and be the center of his world for the rest of his life. Paralee doesn’t know yet bu...more
Merrick's Destiny is a short story set just after Wilder's Mate, the first book in Moira Roger's Bloodhounds series. It is an exclusive story only available from All Romance Ebooks but can be downloaded in various formats for whichever ereader you have. Although the story is officially numbered 1.5 in the series it works well as a stand alone and could be a great way to try out the series to see if you like it. I find it is hard to classify the Bloodhounds stories as they are all paranormal roma...more
Marlene
See the complete review at http://www.readingreality.net/2012/02...
Merrick's Destiny (exclusively available at All Romance Ebooks) by Moira Rogers is book 1.5 in her Bloodhounds series. It's a very short and extremely steamy story that takes place between Wilder's Mate and Hunter's Prey. It stands alone well enough to serve as an introduction to this series, but it works even better if you've already read Wilder's Mate!

Merrick Wood returns to consciousness in either the best of all possible worl...more
Kelly
I've been in love with this series since I first saw the cover for Wilder's Mate. Yes, that was well before I ever read the book. I was hooked, fascinated, intrigued by Wilder's feral look. Throw in steampunk elements (I do love me some steampunk, you know) and wicked-cool shapeshifters and I was an absolute goner.

This time around, we're given one of the first Bloodhounds, an airship, and a spunky pilot. Oh! And they're stranded out in the Deadlands ALL ALONE! *swoon* You guys know how I love wh...more
Has
4 and half stars!

Full review to be posted soon:

Smoking hawt and utterly delicious! Merrick and Paralee were wonderful protagonists and this was a delightful installment in the Bloodhound series. Even though it was a short novella, I really felt the romance really delivered and I think this has to be one of the hottest books Moria Rogers wrote yet.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Gah. I HATE that this is an ARe exclusive. I've been boycotting them for quite a while due to their shady gift certificate practices, but even my principles couldn't hold strong when there's a new Moira Rogers title to be had :P

4 Stars, full review to follow.
Sophia (FV)
Very sexy, quick read. I liked the hero and heroine. The last line made me smile. :) Review to come.
Lillie
I adored this story. Gruff, growly hero and a strong heroine who can hold her own. Love it.
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
3.5stars -- making me more anxious for Bloodhounds

This second short entry to the Bloodhounds series was better than the first from my point of view and I felt more connected with these characters from the outset. Additionally, the story was better plotted and written, making it more cohesive overall. Further, I think it would have made a better introduction to the series as we find more information about Bloodhounds.

Merrick Wood – a Guild Bloodhound awakes with a concussion to find his life has...more
Anna-Novelbroads.com
I’m falling more and more in love with this series! This short Novella was a great addition to the Bloodhounds series. I don’t recommend you start with this book though. There isn’t much if any world building or explanations for certain things. The story is more focused on Merrick and Paralee and their new mated relationship.

Merrick isn't my favorite bloodhound, I think Archer is still my favorite, but I did like him a lot. Unlike the others, Merrick is older, one of the first to be made by the...more
Julie Read Our Lips! Book Review Blog
Exclusively for sale at All Romance Books.com, Merrick’s Destiny begins as two sole survivors of an airship crash emerge from the wreckage. The pilot, Paralee, and one of the passengers, Merrick (a Bloodhound), must hurry and find shelter before ghouls or vampires happen upon them in the Deadlands. Merrick is momentarily stunned, and can’t quite remember how he got there or who the alluring woman by his side is, though he feels a strong pull to her from the start.

The two survivors take cover in...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
When you're working with half as many pages, you can't give the reader everything you would give them in a longer story. Fortunately, Moira Rogers doesn't scrimp on the good stuff.

This novella doesn't have the same kind of story arc and action featured in Wilder's Mate, but it had plenty of heat. Our hero, Merrick, is a Bloodhound who wakes from an aircraft accident with holes in his memories and a new mate at his side. Paralee was the only other survivor in the crash and she has no idea how Mer...more
E_bookpushers
A.R. Von
I've read well over 30 of Moira Rogers works and have yet to be disappointed. I love how creative she is with her paranormal's. Her books are packed with some of the hottest most desirable paranormal's out today and they all most definitely know how to satisfy their woman (mates).

This is book 1.5 of the Bloodhound series and I think it picks up perfectly from Wilder's book.

Merrick does not expect or desire what he gets when he awakens from an injury. But he cannot resist the amazing package na...more
Mara
A very short novella set in the world of bloodhounds. As is the case with shorter works, the love affair was incredibly quick, even if the authors added a nice twist (a memory loss that implied that the big event, finding a mate, was already in the past).

An other nice plus was the bit of past history we were gifted (how the bloodhound were created, the first mates, etc).

Melindeeloo
a quick little short that I really liked. Merrick's Destiny is connected to Moira Rogers' Bloodhounds (shapeshifters in the old west with a touch of steampunk) - this is only available through All Romance so I only stumbled on it looking for when Archer's Lady , book 3, of the series would be out.
Samantha
Very good short story. Oddly enough, I think this is one of my favorite Bloodhound books. It was nice to break away from the familiar characters of the full length stories and delve into a different area of the world Rogers had built.
Laurie Bongiorno
3.5 stars. I wish there had been a little more story/connection before the new moon mating frenzy, but this one is super, super short so I understand that something had to give...
Poppy
Great little read. I'm really loving this series. Looking forward to the next book.
MaggieReadsRom

Feb 13, 2012 Edie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
WOOT WOOT WOOT
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3)
  • Don't Bite the Messenger
  • Mya's Werewolf (Fantasy Island, #1)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Unexpected (Silver Creek #1)
  • Dark Vow (Arcane, #1)
  • Skies of Steel (The Ether Chronicles, #3)
  • A Jaguar's Kiss
  • Outfoxed (Cougar Falls, #4)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Tempt Me
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • Deadly is the Kiss (Grangers, #1)
  • Like Clockwork
  • Yours to Take
  • Night Whispers (ShadowLands, #1)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes (Volume #2)
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h...more
More about Moira Rogers...
Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) Crossroads (Southern Arcana, #2) Wild Card (Down & Dirty, #1)