What She Doesn't Know

What She Doesn't Know

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Raven Gale can’t put the past behind her. A year ago, her husband tried to kill her in a car accident and killed himself instead. And, as if that wasn’t bad enough; she finds out someone is pretending to be him on an isolated island in the Bay of Fundy. What if it’s really her husband? What if he’s still alive? She’d been in hospital when the funeral was held. For the firs...more
Published January 29th 2012 by Lina Gardiner (first published January 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about What She Doesn't Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What She Doesn't Know

Maldivianbookreviewer
Raven Delacoeur makes her way to an isolated island in the bay of Fundy on the east coast of Canada to find out whether the rumors that her dead husband has surfaced and is living on the island could be true. It has been a year since her husband Barry had tried to kill her and died in the process and Raven would rather forget the lies and deceit than to poke her head into a hornet’s nest. But she cannot help herself from making her way towards an island that is surrounded by fog, where menace an...more
Christi Snow
My Review:

There is a whole history in this book that neither you nor the heroine knows and that makes this book so much fun to read. Raven is the heroine of this novel and she is looking for her dead husband who tried to kill her. Something just isn't right about his death and she can't hide out in her house any longer, so she decides to take action. That action leads her to Sloan, her husband's look-alike cousin, although she doesn't realize that they are related, and a mystery about her life t...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Who would suspect so much mystery, suspense, and love could be crammed into such a short novel! What She Doesn't Know throbs with adrenaline-pumping action and breathtaking emotion from start to finish.

When the reclusive, somewhat cowed-down Raven Gale decides to put her doubts to rest about the death of her abusive husband, she goes to Haart Island in the Bay of Fundy and unintentionally stirs up a hornet’s nest.

Diagnosed with trauma...more
Kimba
my review rating a 3.5 review.

What She Doesn’t Know is a romantic suspense novel, that takes place primarily on an isolated island of the Bay of Fundy. Gardiner known for her paranormal romances delivers a suspenseful tale, filled with a secret society and a group of greedy thugs who want to uncover treasure. I quickly became engrossed in the tale and its characters.

The protagonist Raven Gale is determined to put the past behind her, but when it appears that someone is using her dead husband’s...more
Kate Kelly
I’ve been a fan of Lina Gardiner’s writing for years and have been waiting for her next book. What She Doesn’t Know was well worth the wait. Once I started reading this book I didn’t want to stop. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but I didn’t come close. Gardiner built in so many plot twists I finally gave up trying to second-guess her and sat back and enjoyed the ride. We have a heroine who has amnesia, a hero who’s been in love with the heroine for years, but must lead her into a dan...more
Norah Wilson
I've been a fan of Lina Gardiner's paranormal novels for years, but this was my first taste of her romantic suspense. Now I want more! Loved the premise, loved the development of the relationship between Raven and Sloan, and I loved the layers of mystery to be unraveled. I was especially drawn in and snared by the setting, a foggy island in the frigid Bay of Fundy and the unique house there. It was like a character itself! A quick, absorbing read that will pull you in and keep you turning the pa...more
Maureen Miller
I'm an avid romantic suspense fan. I'm also a fan of the traditional Gothic romance. You know...the old Victoria Holt books. I could never get enough of those.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this gem! WHAT SHE DOESN'T KNOW brought back all the elements I love in a romance. Cold, damp, danger. LOL yes, I like the weather to be challenging in romances. I consider it another facet of suspense.

Congratulations on a wonderful book, Ms. Gardiner. I'm so glad to have found this.
Black Butterfly
Sep 02, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Y/A
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: mystery-romance
WHOLE LOT OF MYSTERY WITH A VERY, VERY, TINY BIT OF ROMANCE. THIS REMINDED ME OF THE MOVIE
"INDIANA JONES", LOT O SEARCHING FOR ARTIFACTS, UNDER PROTECTION BY A SECRET SOCIETY FOR CENYTURIES. LOTS OF THINGS YOU THINK ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM. I HAD A BIT OF A PROBLEM NEAR THE ENDING IT GOT KINDA SILLY. ALSO I BEGAN TO WONDER, JUST HOW MANY TIMES COULD A PERSON GET HIT OVER THE HEAD BEFORE IT JUST WAS NO WAKING UP FROM IT. ;D I THINK THE HERO RECIEVED WAAY OVER HIS LIMIT. (chuckle, chuckle!)
Pamela
This novel is supposedly a romance-suspense novel. Suspense it has, but romance? Barely a flicker. Sure they kissed a few times and declared their love for one another at the end, but other than that, nothing, zilch, zero. A lot of times when reading I don't feel any heat, passion or chemistry between the main protagonists, and these two are no different. In fact, when Raven and Sloan meet, it's not until many chapters in that Raven feels an attraction to Sloan. If you don't read closely, you’ll...more
Yvanka
The date I finished this book was november 30th 2012. Well... I didn't really 'finish' it. It was the day I decided not to continue. The reason why I'm writing a review right now and not back then, is because I've tried to finish the book anyway in the past few months. Unfortunately every time I picked it up, I stopped after a few pages. However, I made it til chapter 13, so I will write a review based on that.

When I first read the back of the book I thought it could be a really good story. It s...more
Arlena
Author: Lina Gardiner
Published By: L.G.
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating 5
Blog Review For: Great Minds Think Aloud
Review:

"What She Doesn't Know" by Lina Gardiner was a good suspense, mystery and even some romance read. This is really a action pack novel. It definitely kept me reading to see what was going to happen next.

"What She Doesn't Know" was of that was full of plots twists,secret societies and passageways. With the heroine (Raven Delacoeur Gale) having had amnesia,...more
Staci
Lina Gardiner has done it again, wow! loved this book and story!
High 4 stars!

My rating system is as follows:

5 stars - Excellent, Worth Every Penny, Made It Into My Personal Library!
4 stars - Great book, but not a classic.
3 stars - Good overall, generally well written.
2 stars - Would not recommend based on personal criteria.
1 star - Difficult to read, hard to finish, or didn't finish. Wouldn't recommend purchasing or reading.

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, yo...more
Rhonda
Decent read. Story and mystery were good, but a little predictable and average.
Sherri Kearley
This book was a pretty great love and suspense book! I wished there would have been a little more backstory at the beginning because I spent the first part wondering how and where and what in the world lead to this, but on the upside, it was exciting from the very start. By the end everything has been explained too, which is good. Also it was good because it was a clean love story no raceyness. There was some casual swearing but not many of the big bombs.
Marti
This book was more mush and romance than suspense and adventure. Naturally the main characters are gorgeous and handsome. The setting of the island is more exciting than they are. I am not sure how I picked this one out, as I do not care for romantic suspense, and consider it a waste of time. I was one Barnes & Noble asked me to review, and then that email disappeared. Presumably there are other readers who will LOVE this.
Gail
I almost gave up on this one after a few pages because the writing seemed so stiff and the characters so awkward. I decided before I did that I would read some of the reviews and because several of the reviews were so possitive I went ahead and continued reading. After I reached the 10% point of the book it really caught my interest and I was enjoying reading it and finished it.
Juliette Brandt
I really enjoyed this novel. It was quick and suspenseful. I did find Raven to be a little annoying at times, especially in the beginning. I just thought she seemed to be too eager to leave when she came all that way and really had no idea what was happening. Read the rest of this review here: http://paperbacksandfrosting.com
Angief
I did like this book even though it wasn't really what I expected. I thought the book was a romantic suspense, I did find that it had a lot of suspense and no real romance. I did like the main characters, however, I just didn't feel the passion I hope to feel.

I received a copy of this book from GoodReads and Lina.
Anita
Good storyline of a woman, Raven with a past she can not remember. A secret society and a Chicago crime boss are searching for treasures, whose location are locked in Raven's memory, mix in a past amour, a deadbeat husband and a secluded island with many secret passages. This was a fun read.
Karolinde (Kari)
Great premise and an enjoyable fun read. Not the most enjoyable book I've ever read, since there were times I just really did not believe the main character would do what she did, but still fun.
Nina
Another wonderful read! Lina Gardiner certainly knows how to mix a great mystery and a sexy love story that keeps you reading from the first to the last page. I highly recommend.
Betty

OMG! This is book was wonderful. I held my interest. I could recommend this book everyone.
Barbara
It was a good mystery and funny at times. It was a quick read.
Eleanor
very good! will be reading more books by this author
Patty
looks and sounds awesome cant wait to read it...
Komal Nirala
Komal Nirala marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • Fight or Flight
  • Guilty as Sin
  • Don't Look Back
  • Heart Stealer
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
  • Hard Irish (Weldon, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Deadly Obsession
  • The Widow
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Rancher to the Rescue
  • Catch Me
Lina Gardiner was born and raised in New Brunswick. She has a deep appreciation of the beauty and the special attributes of her province. As a test to see if she could make it as a writer, she wrote an article on the Fundy Trail Parkway and got the cover story in the magazine We're Home New Brunswick.

That was her sign to dive into her lifelong dream of writing. After that, she wrote a short story...more
More about Lina Gardiner...
Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1) Beyond the Grave (Jess Vandermire, #2) Grave New Day (Jess Vandermire, #3) Dangerous Exposure Black Moon Awakening