Start by marking “What She Doesn't Know” as Want to Read:

What She Doesn't Know

Raven Gale can’t put the past behind her. A year ago, her husband tried to kill her in a car accident and killed himself instead. And, as if that wasn’t bad enough; she finds out someone is pretending to be him on an isolated island in the Bay of Fundy. What if it’s really her husband? What if he’s still alive? She’d been in hospital when the funeral was held. For the firs ...more
Published January 29th 2012 by Lina Gardiner (first published January 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about What She Doesn't Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What She Doesn't Know

MBR
Raven Delacoeur makes her way to an isolated island in the bay of Fundy on the east coast of Canada to find out whether the rumors that her dead husband has surfaced and is living on the island could be true. It has been a year since her husband Barry had tried to kill her and died in the process and Raven would rather forget the lies and deceit than to poke her head into a hornet’s nest. But she cannot help herself from making her way towards an island that is surrounded by fog, where menace an ...more
Kimberly
Feb 15, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
my review rating a 3.5 review.

What She Doesn’t Know is a romantic suspense novel, that takes place primarily on an isolated island of the Bay of Fundy. Gardiner known for her paranormal romances delivers a suspenseful tale, filled with a secret society and a group of greedy thugs who want to uncover treasure. I quickly became engrossed in the tale and its characters.

The protagonist Raven Gale is determined to put the past behind her, but when it appears that someone is using her dead husband’s
Christi Snow
Jan 31, 2012 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
My Review:

There is a whole history in this book that neither you nor the heroine knows and that makes this book so much fun to read. Raven is the heroine of this novel and she is looking for her dead husband who tried to kill her. Something just isn't right about his death and she can't hide out in her house any longer, so she decides to take action. That action leads her to Sloan, her husband's look-alike cousin, although she doesn't realize that they are related, and a mystery about her life t
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Who would suspect so much mystery, suspense, and love could be crammed into such a short novel! What She Doesn't Know throbs with adrenaline-pumping action and breathtaking emotion from start to finish.

When the reclusive, somewhat cowed-down Raven Gale decides to put her doubts to rest about the death of her abusive husband, she goes to Haart Island in the Bay of Fundy and unintentionally stirs up a hornet’s nest.

Diagnosed with trauma
Sue1958
This is a great mystery, we have Raven whose husband tried to kill her, but he is now supposedly dead himself. She doesn't accept this so goes off looking for him.

Travelling, she meets upon Sloan who she things is her husband, a guide had lead her to him [I think] and something to do with artefacts, but Sloan is her husbands Cousin and a look a like to her husband.

She doesn't realize he is her husbands Cousin and is confused. She is not the only one at times.

I'm not sure if it was me, because a
Kate Kelly
Feb 04, 2012 Kate Kelly rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of Lina Gardiner’s writing for years and have been waiting for her next book. What She Doesn’t Know was well worth the wait. Once I started reading this book I didn’t want to stop. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but I didn’t come close. Gardiner built in so many plot twists I finally gave up trying to second-guess her and sat back and enjoyed the ride. We have a heroine who has amnesia, a hero who’s been in love with the heroine for years, but must lead her into a dan ...more
Norah Wilson
Feb 15, 2012 Norah Wilson rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Lina Gardiner's paranormal novels for years, but this was my first taste of her romantic suspense. Now I want more! Loved the premise, loved the development of the relationship between Raven and Sloan, and I loved the layers of mystery to be unraveled. I was especially drawn in and snared by the setting, a foggy island in the frigid Bay of Fundy and the unique house there. It was like a character itself! A quick, absorbing read that will pull you in and keep you turning the pa ...more
Black Butterfly
Sep 01, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Y/A
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: mystery-romance
WHOLE LOT OF MYSTERY WITH A VERY, VERY, TINY BIT OF ROMANCE. THIS REMINDED ME OF THE MOVIE
"INDIANA JONES", LOT O SEARCHING FOR ARTIFACTS, UNDER PROTECTION BY A SECRET SOCIETY FOR CENYTURIES. LOTS OF THINGS YOU THINK ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM. I HAD A BIT OF A PROBLEM NEAR THE ENDING IT GOT KINDA SILLY. ALSO I BEGAN TO WONDER, JUST HOW MANY TIMES COULD A PERSON GET HIT OVER THE HEAD BEFORE IT JUST WAS NO WAKING UP FROM IT. ;D I THINK THE HERO RECIEVED WAAY OVER HIS LIMIT. (chuckle, chuckle!)
Maureen Miller
Feb 16, 2012 Maureen Miller rated it it was amazing
I'm an avid romantic suspense fan. I'm also a fan of the traditional Gothic romance. You know...the old Victoria Holt books. I could never get enough of those.

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this gem! WHAT SHE DOESN'T KNOW brought back all the elements I love in a romance. Cold, damp, danger. LOL yes, I like the weather to be challenging in romances. I consider it another facet of suspense.

Congratulations on a wonderful book, Ms. Gardiner. I'm so glad to have found this.
Arlena
Author: Lina Gardiner
Published By: L.G.
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating 5
Blog Review For: Great Minds Think Aloud
Review:

"What She Doesn't Know" by Lina Gardiner was a good suspense, mystery and even some romance read. This is really a action pack novel. It definitely kept me reading to see what was going to happen next.

"What She Doesn't Know" was of that was full of plots twists,secret societies and passageways. With the heroine (Raven Delacoeur Gale) having had amnesia,
Pamela
Sep 09, 2012 Pamela rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
This novel is supposedly a romance-suspense novel. Suspense it has, but romance? Barely a flicker. Sure they kissed a few times and declared their love for one another at the end, but other than that, nothing, zilch, zero. A lot of times when reading I don't feel any heat, passion or chemistry between the main protagonists, and these two are no different. In fact, when Raven and Sloan meet, it's not until many chapters in that Raven feels an attraction to Sloan. If you don't read closely, you’ll ...more
Staci
Oct 05, 2012 Staci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lina Gardiner has done it again, wow! loved this book and story!
High 4 stars!

My rating system is as follows:

5 stars - Excellent, Worth Every Penny, Made It Into My Personal Library!
4 stars - Great book, but not a classic.
3 stars - Good overall, generally well written.
2 stars - Would not recommend based on personal criteria.
1 star - Difficult to read, hard to finish, or didn't finish. Wouldn't recommend purchasing or reading.

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, yo
Debra Daniels-zeller
Intriguing and compelling reading, this thriller/romance book starts with a mystery about Raven Gale's deceased husband and turns into a mystery about herself and her own family secrets. This was a well-crafted story that kept me guessing and hoping the two main characters would get together. Gardiner added great details to make their chemistry and conflicts a great read. Story telling at its finest-- I would definitely read more books by this author.
Sherri
Jul 19, 2013 Sherri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a pretty great love and suspense book! I wished there would have been a little more backstory at the beginning because I spent the first part wondering how and where and what in the world lead to this, but on the upside, it was exciting from the very start. By the end everything has been explained too, which is good. Also it was good because it was a clean love story no raceyness. There was some casual swearing but not many of the big bombs.
Marti
Oct 04, 2012 Marti rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was more mush and romance than suspense and adventure. Naturally the main characters are gorgeous and handsome. The setting of the island is more exciting than they are. I am not sure how I picked this one out, as I do not care for romantic suspense, and consider it a waste of time. I was one Barnes & Noble asked me to review, and then that email disappeared. Presumably there are other readers who will LOVE this.
Gail
Oct 05, 2012 Gail rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I almost gave up on this one after a few pages because the writing seemed so stiff and the characters so awkward. I decided before I did that I would read some of the reviews and because several of the reviews were so possitive I went ahead and continued reading. After I reached the 10% point of the book it really caught my interest and I was enjoying reading it and finished it.
Juliette Townsend
May 24, 2012 Juliette Townsend rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel. It was quick and suspenseful. I did find Raven to be a little annoying at times, especially in the beginning. I just thought she seemed to be too eager to leave when she came all that way and really had no idea what was happening. Read the rest of this review here: http://paperbacksandfrosting.com
Angief
Oct 07, 2012 Angief rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I did like this book even though it wasn't really what I expected. I thought the book was a romantic suspense, I did find that it had a lot of suspense and no real romance. I did like the main characters, however, I just didn't feel the passion I hope to feel.

I received a copy of this book from GoodReads and Lina.
Joan
Jan 23, 2016 Joan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novel had a fairly interesting plot (although I'm not a big fan of stories about Knights, secret organizations, artifacts, etc.) and it was written pretty well. There were several malapropisms, quite a few awkward passages, lots of incorrect punctuation, some incorrect grammar, and a few simple typos.
Anita
Nov 12, 2013 Anita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good storyline of a woman, Raven with a past she can not remember. A secret society and a Chicago crime boss are searching for treasures, whose location are locked in Raven's memory, mix in a past amour, a deadbeat husband and a secluded island with many secret passages. This was a fun read.
Michelle L. Anderson
Dec 28, 2014 Michelle L. Anderson rated it really liked it
What She Doesn't Know

I give this book a 4. It was a little confusing at first but it really pulled me in after a couple of chapters. I look forward to a continuation of the story.
Cathy Furrey
Nov 14, 2014 Cathy Furrey rated it really liked it
Some typos

good story . but had it figured out about halfway thru. I would read more from this author interesting character and no gratuitous sex!
Karolinde (Kari)
Great premise and an enjoyable fun read. Not the most enjoyable book I've ever read, since there were times I just really did not believe the main character would do what she did, but still fun.
Nina
Sep 13, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful read! Lina Gardiner certainly knows how to mix a great mystery and a sexy love story that keeps you reading from the first to the last page. I highly recommend.
Charlotte Bidstrup
Charlotte Bidstrup rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Kathryn A. Hall
Kathryn A. Hall rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Angie Adams
Angie Adams rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Kathy Szwader
Kathy Szwader rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Shattered
  • Fight or Flight
  • Her Last Chance (Her, #2)
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Heart Stealer
  • Wanted (Deadly Secrets #2)
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Now You See Him...
  • Falling Hard
  • Hard Irish (Weldon, #3)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimson, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom (The Renegade Royals, #2)
  • Tell No Lies (Aldridge Sisters, #2)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
Lina Gardiner was born and raised in New Brunswick. She has a deep appreciation of the beauty and the special attributes of her province. As a test to see if she could make it as a writer, she wrote an article on the Fundy Trail Parkway and got the cover story in the magazine We're Home New Brunswick.

That was her sign to dive into her lifelong dream of writing. After that, she wrote a short story
More about Lina Gardiner...