Start by marking “Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)

Catching Suki (Lila 0.5)

The Unit are closing in and Demos needs one of his team to go deep cover.

Enter Suki.

Fashion obsessed, boy-crazy and more than a little kooky, Suki is a mind reader with a special talent for buying shoes and for listening in on private conversations.

Free Online Read, 20 pages
Published February 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Catching Suki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Suki

Jasprit
Jan 31, 2012 Jasprit rated it it was amazing
When I first heard about Sarah Alderson writing a short story from Suki’s pov, I actually jumped up in excitement, the great thing about this book was that the release date was February, so I wouldn’t have to wait too long to wait to get another Sarah Alderson fix, also since finishing Hunting Lila I’d always wanted to get to know Demos’ group a lot more. So what a wish come true, not only would I get to know these awesome set of characters a lot more but from the perspective of someone within t ...more
Sarah (saz101)
Mar 26, 2012 Sarah (saz101) rated it really liked it
It’s no secret I—and every Aussie blogger I know—have a passionate (though perhaps one sided) love affair with Sarah Alderson. Her brilliant Hunting Lila and Fated blend tension and supernatural with pitch-perfect teen romance, and she does it again in Catching Suki—in only twenty short pages.

The Story:
A freebie short story, Catching Suki is set immediately before the events of Hunting Lila. Shoe obsessed, boy-crazy Suki Nakamura is a ‘psy’—a human with seriously-cool psychic abilities. What Psy
Devyani
Mar 21, 2012 Devyani rated it it was amazing
“And i blink at her .
She's one of us . She's a psy . This girl Lila , Jack's sister , is a psy .
I haven't let go off her hand and she's tugging at it now , trying to pull away and i realise i'm grinning at her like a lunatic . Then the thought comes to me - if the Unit is hunting us , then surely once they find out about her , they'll be hunting Lila too ?"

i 'heart' Ms. Alderson .
Catching Suki is a fantastic short story written from the perspective of one of the most loved and adored characters
Mimi Valentine
I love love LOVED this novella! ♥ Suki was one of my favourite characters in Hunting Lila, so I was beaming with happiness that she was the narrator for this short story. And it was SO much fun! If anything, I only wish it was longer... but that might just be because I could read Sarah Alderson stories all day long! x)

All in all, this is the PERFECT novella to help keep Hunting Lila fans happy until Losing Lila hits the shelves! :)
Melissa
Feb 02, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sarah Alderson has a power. That's my conclusion after reading this short story. She has the power to grab your attention from page one and leave you in a daze after finishing reading. I'm a fan of her writing style, of the way she sets up the story and her characters. I'm a fan of her. Period. xD

Now, onto Suki's short story. Let me just say that, although this is a very short story, (set before "Hunting Lila") there is NO WAY you don't end up loving Suki Nakamura. She's witty, sassy, sneaky and
Evey
Dec 26, 2015 Evey rated it it was ok
I did not like Suki's narrative voice at all. That's it.
Brodie
Feb 03, 2012 Brodie rated it it was amazing
You can download your FREE copy of Catching Suki, while also supporting a fantastic cause from here: https://www.facebook.com/girltankorg?...

If you've had the chance to read anything by Sarah Alderson, then you'll know she has a knack for creating bold protagonists coupled with deliciously addictive writing. Hunting Lila was one of the standout debuts of 2011, brimming with action, suspense, scorching sexual tension, sexy guys in uniform and one endearingly kickass heroine. But also demanding fo
Carolyn
Feb 03, 2012 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
4.5 Superhot stars
This was a great little e-book short story about Suki. It is a very quick and easy read and the humour in this story is unbelievably funny. I laughed the whole way through.

Now I haven't read Hunting Lila yet, but I am about to start it. I was however told that I should read this first and am hoping that it is as good as this is.

Suki is a mind reader that lives in a bus with a group of psy's. They are a group of people that also have special powers. The other thing about Suki is
Joanne
Feb 25, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Catching Suki is a short story prequel to Hunting Lila. Before I continue with my review, I must point out that this short story shouldn't be read before Hunting Lila. With some prequels you can, but with this one some of the events kind of overlap or give you an idea of things you should only find out through reading Hunting Lila - so definitely no reading until after you're done with Hunting Lila.

This short story was just awesome! Suki is SO cute! I would love for her to have her own story at
Julia
This is a short story from Suki's perspective (a supporting character in Hunting Lila) that begins before Lila runs to California, than continues, overlapping with parts of the main story.

I really enjoyed this story because it gives a lot more information about Suki, who although I did not like when I first met her in Hunting Lila, I soon came to like afterwards.

It turns out, Suki is much more sassy than we thought. She is obsessed with clothes, especially shoes, and is slightly boy crazy. In fa
This is a nice little freebie short story that can be read online for free at the Simon & Schuster website here: http://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/adm...

Catching Suki is set before Hunting Lila but is only around 20 pages long so doesn't give much of an introduction to the series, it also contains mild spoilers for the book so I'd recommend reading Hunting Lila first. It's always nice to get to know side characters a bit better and this gives us an insight into events that occurred before an
Marilou Go
Mar 06, 2012 Marilou Go rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lila-series
This book is a prequel of Hunting Lila..It narrates the story before the events in 'Hunting Lila'
of course using Suki's point of view.
We're about to know Suki more in this short story she's witty, smart and beautiful.
I want more of Suki's story in the future maybe her love interest as well because obviously Alex is already for Lila. my hands are itching to have the Lila #2 which is 'Losing Lila'.. I love Sarah Alderson's books!
Shambhawi P.
Jul 27, 2012 Shambhawi P. rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!! Suki was my favorite character in Hunting Lila (after Alex, of course) and she was even more amazing here. Suki... and shoes. She was so funny, especially when checking out Jack and Alex. Too cute.
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Loved reading from Suik's POV, she's such an interesting character! 20 pages in length, Suki is a great short read, for those who loved Hunting Lila!
Jessica
Jun 24, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Suki es demasiado mi espíritu animal, vergasione.
Fabiola
Mar 18, 2012 Fabiola rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this story I wished there was a reall book about suki.
Sarah Alderson, YOUR THE BEST AUTHOR EVER!!!!!!!!!
Braiden
Jan 31, 2012 Braiden rated it it was amazing
It’s nice to have the chance to get to know Suki and her character. And in achieving that in less than 20 pages is amazing on Sarah’s part.
Fanny
May 10, 2014 Fanny rated it really liked it
Me gusto muchisimo! corto y divertido, me rei mucho con Suki y sus pensamiento; Es muy divertida y quizas un poco infantil pero un personaje muy simpatico.
Lisi
Klappentext:

The Unit are closing in and Demos needs one of his team to go deep cover.

Enter Suki.

Tasked with infiltrating the enemy (namely Jack and Alex) Suki rises to the challenge, leaving a trail of chaos, destruction (and a large room service bill) in her wake.

A prequel to the events of Hunting Lila and including many of the char
Novels On The Run
Feb 02, 2012 Novels On The Run rated it it was amazing
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING: 5 STARS!!

I had a lot of fun reading this short story , prequel for Hunting Lila. Now I haven't read Hunting Lila yet and after reading this prequel I am cracking Hunting Lila open tonight.

Sarah has such fun with her writing. I love Suki, she is absolutely gorgeous and lets things slip out of that pretty mouth of hers which gets her into trouble.

Michelle  novelsontherun
Feb 02, 2012 Michelle novelsontherun rated it it was amazing
RATING: 5 STARS!!

Nate is hilarious. I love that I got to know each of the 'psys' and their powers in this short story. It was a great teaser for me to want to r
Kim
Mar 23, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
'Catching Suki' is an epic prequel to the equally epic 'Hunting Lila'. I'm really glad I read this after 'Hunting Lila'. It brings in elements I'd seen before, but from a whole new perspective, making everything interesting and exciting all over again.

I knew 'Catching Suki' was a prequel story, but I didn't realise how close it was set to the events of 'Hunting Lila'. You think maybe it'll be a few weeks in advance, until you see Jack and Alex and you become aware of the time line; ie. the nigh
Lynsey
Jul 08, 2012 Lynsey rated it really liked it
I only recently found out after reading Hunting Lila and Losing Lila that Sara Alderson wrote a short story entitled Catching Suki and so of course I had to track it down! I should start this review with an advisory – read Hunting Lila first so that this story will make sense to you.

Suki is HILARIOUS and this story had me chuckling to myself throughout. She is such a girlie girl and you can imagine that she’s just a teeny bundle of cuteness. I always enjoy reading scenes from alternative points
Krista
Jul 26, 2014 Krista rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya
Kaitlyn Francis
Feb 03, 2012 Kaitlyn Francis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ax, x, reviewed
This was a short story and I have to say being inside Suki head is awesome she is able to tell what everyone is thinking and when Demos needs her even though she is re-thinking her place on his team. She does what she is told even though it takes more telling her what to do than anything else. When she needs information on Jack and Alex, what you say around people who are part of a unit being trained to take down people like her. So when she lets slip something she is now a target and of course ...more
Lucina
Im Gegensatz zu "Turning Amber" fand ich es schön, dass Jack und Alex vorkamen bzw. ein paar Geschehnisse, die man noch aus "Hunting Lila" und "The Moment" kannte, nur eben aus Sukis Sicht. Ich mag Suki einfach, sie ist in dieser Kurzgeschichte sehr sympathisch. Ihr Schuhtick, ihre etwas verpeilte Ehrlichkeit und ihr ganzer Charakter war interessant. Aus ihrer Sicht hätte ich gerne mehr gelesen.

(view spoiler)
K.J.
Aug 19, 2012 K.J. rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

So, as you all know, I'm in love with Jack, Suki and Nate. So it was a total blast to read this little novella, 'cause surprise, surprise, it has all three of them.

So this is based before Hunting Lila and we get insight of Suki's character. If it was possible to love Suki any more, I have. I just love being in her head. We also got to see more of the other psys too, and their relationships among one another.

There isn't much I could say about this beca
Alexis
Sep 09, 2012 Alexis rated it really liked it
I'm probably one of the few people that has not read Hunting Lila before reading this. However, that unread status will be changing soon. This 20 page intro really caught my attention!! It kind of reminds me of x-men stuff... and I've always loved the idea of a bunch of psychics working together. It'll be interesting to read a book that appears to show to good side of the two 'bad guys' in this book. I figure if you can catch my attention this well in a short story... well a full length story ca ...more
Andrew
Feb 01, 2012 Andrew rated it really liked it
Review Taken from The Pewter Wolf

Demos wants one of his ragtag team to go undercover on The Unit. Enter mind-reader Suki. As she has to get more information (namely from Jack and Alex), will she make a mistake and risk everything?

Now, as you guys know, I LOVE Hunting Lila! And I am itching to get the sequel, Losing Lila so any information is a bonus! And this was very interesting, seeing the set up to when Lila meets Suki. And that was interesting.

I wish there was more about her mind-reading.
Lacey
Aug 08, 2012 Lacey rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-kindle
Nope, not so much. Didn't really get much from this short story. I loved the idea of seeing things from Suki's point of view but this didn't provide a lot. I still have no idea who Suki really is. This is just a quick chapter that tells us how Suki meets Alex and Jack. It didn't showcase who she was or how she dealt with her ability or how she even ended up with Demos and crew. I liked her interaction with Nate but there was a real lack of interaction with any of the rest of the crew other than ...more
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Avow (Last Selkie, #0.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Silhouette
  • Move
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Ash's Letter to Meghan (The Iron Fey, #3.6)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Harmonized (Tidewater, #2.5)
  • First Light (Project Five Fifteen #1)
Having spent most of her life in London, Sarah quit her job in the non profit sector in 2009 and took off on a round the world trip with her husband and princess-obsessed daughter on a mission to find a new place to call home. After several months in India, Singapore, Australia and the US, they settled in Bali where they lived for five years.

She finished her first novel, Hunting Lila (winner of th
More about Sarah Alderson...

Lila (2 books)
  • Hunting Lila (Lila, #1)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)

“There they are. Lieutenant Jack Loveday and Lieutenant Alex Wakeman. I’ve only seen their photos so far and the pictures that are in Demos’s head, but the truth is Demos did not do them justice. In fact, Demos’s head needs a tune up or a reboot or an entirely new operating system altogether.” 14 likes
“My mission, which I chose to accept, is to infiltrate the enemy. Jack and
Alex are the enemy. I pause, wondering how Demos defines infiltration.

'Not that way', Alicia answers.”
11 likes