Start by marking “Mind Work” as Want to Read:
Mind Work

Mind Work

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Within the framework of an active Buddhist meditation practice, Peter Clother searches for the creative core through a process of uncompromising self-examination, conducted in the belief that the closer we come to the core of the individual self, the more we open ourselves up to creative inspiration.
Published January 9th 2012 by Paramis Press

To ask other readers questions about Mind Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Work

Gregg Chadwick
Peter Clothier's "Mind Work" explores the history and spiritual dimensions of his inspiring life. Clothier is known for insightful writing on the arts and artists which adds luminosity to the events depicted in "Mind Work". The volume delves deeply into a life well lived and inspires us to consider our own lives in a spirit of humility and acceptance.

The book is structured into a series of essays that reflect an admiration for Montaigne's writings. In this spirit, each chapter of "Mind Work" dw
Duff
Fine, small essays from the author's blog entries. Many good points to ponder...so, it is especially good that each essay is focused, but brief. Allows time for reflection, which is what the author is doing about his spiritual life and practice. Occasionally gets off the path, but I was never "not" interested in his compelling approach to living a life based in values.
Peter Clothier
May 16, 2012 Peter Clothier rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Please go to Creativity Portal (http://tinyurl.com/75qz3op ) to read an excerpt. Also getting some wonderful reviews on Amazon-- http://tinyurl.com/6myp9dx and via Gregg Chadwick-- http://tinyurl.com/7wlruj4. Feel free to review it yourself on Goodreads!

Cheers!
Susanna Mahoney
These are words from this thoughtful personal author in his book which explores his existence through his eyes, mind, heart and soul of life to death and in-between, touching on many subjects of knowledge and insight.

"There are moments when it becomes necessary to leave certain parts of one's previously established self behind, in order to make space for something new. It's a kind of dying, in order to create new life. So it is with me, at this moment; and this week I have been engaged in that s
Carlton Davis
This is an interesting book, which I wrote a review of on my website. http://www.artdock.net/mind-work-pete.... I recommend it for anyone interested in meditation, and using meditation in their everyday lives.
Ismael Ali
Ismael Ali marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Necla
Necla marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Timo Mcintosh
Timo Mcintosh is currently reading it
Oct 30, 2012
Drux
Drux marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2012
Lakshmi
Lakshmi marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Bex
Bex marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Grace Sanders
Grace Sanders marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Robin Conley
Robin Conley marked it as to-read
Dianne Danielson
Dianne Danielson marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Leckiecherry
Leckiecherry marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
May 31, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jenny Franklin
Jenny Franklin marked it as to-read
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Sussie
Sussie marked it as to-read
Rose Cimarron
Rose Cimarron marked it as to-read
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Peter Clothier is an internationally-known writer who specializes in writing about art and artists. He believes in avoiding the jargon that obscures much current writing about art, and in writing simply, clearly, in language that the lay person can readily understand. He seeks to achieve a harmony of mind, heart, and body in his work, and looks for this quality in the artists he writes about. A re ...more
More about Peter Clothier...
Persist: In Praise Of The Creative Spirit In A World Gone Mad With Commerce David Hockney The Pilgrim's Staff Slow Looking: The Art of Looking At Art While I Am Not Afraid: Secrets of a Man's Heart