Building Sandcastles

Building Sandcastles

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  16 reviews
After a brush with death, he begins to live...

After a mugging and near death experience, Leo Gorgan realizes the only thing he has in New York City is business contacts. He decides to take a year off and travel the country. When a needed repair on his motorhome lands him in Destiny, Iowa, Leo has no idea the ruggedly handsome man at the hardware store will be able to fix m...more
Published February 15th 2012 by OmniLit/AllRomance

To ask other readers questions about Building Sandcastles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building Sandcastles

Arthur

Leo was a sucessful investment planner in New York City. He was mugged in front of his building that he decided to spend a year traveling coast to coast in his newly acquried motor home. A plumbing issue made him stop at Destiny, Iowa, where he met Tank -- an employee in the hardware store that Leo visited to find help. Tank is a bear with good heart. He loved his town people, and they loved him. A passionate night that evening left them wanting more. However, given that Leo had life in...more
Anke
This was a very nice story, not insta-love, but a strong connection between both men. Although it seemed hopeless with regard to the different living environments, they worked on the relationship and got to a very nice ending.
Gigi
Fun and warm and fuzzy! Short and sweet. Nothing mind altering or eye popping. Just a nice little story to pass a half hour.
Melissa
A delightful tale of love found. Leo Gorgan was mugged, and died for a moment on the operating table. After he got out of hospital he realized that not one of his so-called friends had come to visit him. So he buys an RV and takes off across the country for a year. He finds his destiny in Destiny, Idahoe.

Tank Borsoiv takes notice when Leo walks into his step-father's hardware store. The two men feel an instant connection, and over the course of several weeks they fall in love. Now Tank has to fi...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Leo has a near death experience and decides to take off. Something draws him to stop in Destiny. He meets a bearded man that makes him re-examine his life. There is a lot of playing with fate and destiny in one's life from the near death experience, sighting a stranger who encourages Leo to not give up, to stopping in that particular town, and to running into Tank. Great feel good story.
Alina
May 10, 2012 Alina added it
Sorry I didn't like it.

I just hate this whole theme about how city life is bad and rural country life is just so good and people're so kind and hearty and sincere and whatnot. And in the end the city guy leaves his high-paying job and moves to some farm. It pisses me off big time.

Overall a nice solid story, just not for my taste.
LDL
Yet another story where CL has built interesting characters and settings, begun what could be a wonderful story, then suddenly brings everything to it's most expedient close and end.

One can't help but wonder if she has reached an arbitrary sellable word count and decided that was all the reader was entitled to.
Jess
This story had so much potential. However the word count was just to small/short. This author usually writes really steamy sex scenes and even these seemed to be cut short or skimmed.

While yes I liked it, this story left me unsatisfied and disappointed.
Janie
A very sweet little story. I think there was so much girth to this story that it would have been better as a longer book. I loved the characters and the story behind them. I did feel the ending was a little rushed, but all in all I liked it.
Meggie
I'm positive impressed about this short story. I wasn't expecting much, but this was positive written emotional story. Okay it was a bit fictional, but in general easy developed story. I liked it!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Tank and Leo are very different, but destiny has them finding each other and there is an unusually strong attraction between the two.
It was a bit idealistic but it was enjoyable.
Lily

Sweet, city boy/country boy story.
Sabine
As always, Carol Lynne did not disappointed me.
Deeze
Another sweet story thats to short.
Morgana
3 - 3.5 stars
Zane Kage
Zane Kage marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Mariana Mifsud
Mariana Mifsud marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Lena
Lena added it
Jun 21, 2014
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nita
Nita marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...
All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3) Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7) Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4) Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)