Start by marking “Building Sandcastles” as Want to Read:
Building Sandcastles

Building Sandcastles

After a brush with death, he begins to live...

After a mugging and near death experience, Leo Gorgan realizes the only thing he has in New York City is business contacts. He decides to take a year off and travel the country. When a needed repair on his motorhome lands him in Destiny, Iowa, Leo has no idea the ruggedly handsome man at the hardware store will be able to fix m
Published February 15th 2012 by OmniLit/AllRomance

To ask other readers questions about Building Sandcastles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building Sandcastles

Arthur
Feb 15, 2012 Arthur rated it really liked it

Leo was a sucessful investment planner in New York City. He was mugged in front of his building that he decided to spend a year traveling coast to coast in his newly acquried motor home. A plumbing issue made him stop at Destiny, Iowa, where he met Tank -- an employee in the hardware store that Leo visited to find help. Tank is a bear with good heart. He loved his town people, and they loved him. A passionate night that evening left them wanting more. However, given that Leo had life in
Anke
Feb 15, 2012 Anke rated it really liked it
This was a very nice story, not insta-love, but a strong connection between both men. Although it seemed hopeless with regard to the different living environments, they worked on the relationship and got to a very nice ending.
Gigi
Dec 21, 2012 Gigi rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Fun and warm and fuzzy! Short and sweet. Nothing mind altering or eye popping. Just a nice little story to pass a half hour.
Melissa
Feb 24, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
A delightful tale of love found. Leo Gorgan was mugged, and died for a moment on the operating table. After he got out of hospital he realized that not one of his so-called friends had come to visit him. So he buys an RV and takes off across the country for a year. He finds his destiny in Destiny, Idahoe.

Tank Borsoiv takes notice when Leo walks into his step-father's hardware store. The two men feel an instant connection, and over the course of several weeks they fall in love. Now Tank has to fi
Katy Beth Mckee
Feb 08, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Leo has a near death experience and decides to take off. Something draws him to stop in Destiny. He meets a bearded man that makes him re-examine his life. There is a lot of playing with fate and destiny in one's life from the near death experience, sighting a stranger who encourages Leo to not give up, to stopping in that particular town, and to running into Tank. Great feel good story.
Alina
May 01, 2012 Alina added it
Sorry I didn't like it.

I just hate this whole theme about how city life is bad and rural country life is just so good and people're so kind and hearty and sincere and whatnot. And in the end the city guy leaves his high-paying job and moves to some farm. It pisses me off big time.

Overall a nice solid story, just not for my taste.
LDL
Jul 07, 2012 LDL rated it it was ok
Yet another story where CL has built interesting characters and settings, begun what could be a wonderful story, then suddenly brings everything to it's most expedient close and end.

One can't help but wonder if she has reached an arbitrary sellable word count and decided that was all the reader was entitled to.
Janie
Aug 26, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
A very sweet little story. I think there was so much girth to this story that it would have been better as a longer book. I loved the characters and the story behind them. I did feel the ending was a little rushed, but all in all I liked it.
Jess
Jan 03, 2013 Jess rated it liked it
Shelves: short, shmexy
This story had so much potential. However the word count was just to small/short. This author usually writes really steamy sex scenes and even these seemed to be cut short or skimmed.

While yes I liked it, this story left me unsatisfied and disappointed.
Meggie
Feb 17, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts, romance
I'm positive impressed about this short story. I wasn't expecting much, but this was positive written emotional story. Okay it was a bit fictional, but in general easy developed story. I liked it!
Mrsgeo
Feb 19, 2016 Mrsgeo rated it really liked it
Short but sweet.
Morgana
Jan 30, 2012 Morgana rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 stars
Sabi
Feb 15, 2012 Sabi rated it really liked it
As always, Carol Lynne did not disappointed me.
Lily
Feb 15, 2012 Lily rated it really liked it

Sweet, city boy/country boy story.
Deeze
Feb 28, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it
Another sweet story thats to short.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Tank and Leo are very different, but destiny has them finding each other and there is an unusually strong attraction between the two.
It was a bit idealistic but it was enjoyable.
Sue bowdley
Sep 25, 2014 Sue bowdley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-male, favourites
This was just so sweet....Insta-love but so sweet x
Tbrooks1012
Tbrooks1012 rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Alarik
Alarik rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Sara Covolo
Sara Covolo rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Marlys
Marlys rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2012
mado
mado rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Bobbette
Bobbette rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Robin Rossbach
Robin Rossbach rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
Moira
Moira rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Kyra
Kyra rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Julian's Happy Place (Aberdeen Pack #2)
  • The Wolf and the Raven (The SEX Factor #2)
  • Tommy's Blind Date
  • My Christmas Present
  • Considering Carlyle (BDSM Club #2)
  • Do-over
  • Raincheck
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Diva and the Frat Boy (Men of Holsum College, #2)
  • Love Means... Renewal (Farm, #5.5)
  • Enticing a Dangerous Mate (Rough River Coyotes #1)
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!
  • Tabloid Trouble (Missing Butterfly, #1.5)
  • Carson (Wylde Boys #2)
  • Lennox (Resistant Omegas #4)
  • Wicked Intentions (Bonds of Justice, #1)
  • Hitting It Big
  • A Fated Love

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...