Blank-133x176
Light Emerging: The Jo...

Barbara Ann Brennan

Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Barbara Ann Brennan's best-selling first book, "Hands of Light," established her as one of the world's most gifted healers and teachers. Now, in her long-awaited new work, she continues her ground-breaking exploration of the human energy field, or auro - the source of our experience of health or illness. Drawing on many new developments in her teaching and practice, she sh...more
Paperback
Published January 1st 1994 by Bantam Books Ltd (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Light Emerging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Emerging

Jeanne
Brennan's second book is more narrowly focused than Hands of Light, making is a much easier read. I love that she expands so much on the topic of self-care and how to assess progress on the mental and spiritual aspects, in particular.

I find the discussion of the energy field, the hara line, tan tien, and core star most fascinating. The channeling from Heyoan is wonderful. I have come to a deep appreciation of channeled information.

There is much practical information in this book to improve the q...more
Stardust
Jan 17, 2009 Stardust is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This book is always near by. I may not pick it up for years, but I'm still always in the process of reading it. A guide book about your physical energy.
Heather
This book was not at all what I was looking for. I was hoping for an exploration of energy work rather than a theoretical course on it. I was hoping for an optimistic view of personality/spirituality and Brennan's use of character structures, which hail from Freudian therapy, has the energy of judgment and disdain.

There were many case studies, but they were laden with an energy that was devoid of compassion or basic kindness when describing the type of people who might "suck" your energy.

As an...more
Kimberly Nichols
Although very interesting in the beginning, it took me a very long time to read this meaty book. Good introduction for those who want to go into work in the energetic healing field but a little heady for just reading material. The author explains her journey as a healer well but I was looking for a little more practical knowledge and instruction after getting through what seemed like major coursework.
Susan
This is awesome for those who are interested in the practice and theory of energy healing. It goes into so much detail, and is quite a heavy read. There are great colour pictures to illustrate the descriptions which help in the understanding of Brennan's theories. I'm yet to get through it all, as it is so in depth.
Erin
Jul 23, 2013 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Holley Duffy
Recommended to Erin by: Fred Person
An absolute MUST-HAVE for any energy worker! The knowledge the author shares about the human energy field in this book is so in depth, it requires referring back many times to various chapters to take it all in. I will be purchasing this for my energy work library!
Rochelle
Invaluable tool for the light worker, one who wishes to under the self holistically, and as a reference book for any light worker.
Lillian Hawkins
An easy to understand book on chakras, healing, energy and human interactions with regards to the interplay of the auras.

Natashen'ka Kovalenko
-Love is the experience of being connected to God and to everything else. God is everywhere, in everything. God is above us, below us, all around us, and within us. The divine spark of God is uniquely individual in each of us. It is God individually manifested. We experience it as our inner fountainhead, or the core of our being. The more we are connected to God outside of ourselves, the more we are connected to and bring forth the individuality of the God within. When we are connected to the un...more
Cathy
I read this book while healing from an injury which required surgery and months of rehabilitation. It took me a year to read it; I ruminated every chapter, there was so much to absorb. Now that I am an LMT, I appreciate this book even more. I continue to see things I did not grasp in the first reading. For me, this book and Hands of Light is a compilation of science, psychology and spirituality rolled into one union. It has helped me understand relationships more dynamically.
H. Gibson

Chronicles of Han Storm Book Club Read (Self-help empowerment healing)

A great book in exploring the possiblities of healing and empowering yourself.
Starr
The auric field seems rather complex, but Brennan gives a very straight-forward, detailed explination for how emotions relate to the energy fields and chakras. She uses real cases to demonstrate points and gives readers questions to think about their own experiences.

I've personally felt this book has reaffirmed thoughts I've had regarding the field of intention that Wayne Dyer talks about. This book really put a lot of things into perspective for me.
Inara
Title in English:
Light Emerging - The Journey of Personal Healing
Aji
Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing,...
Heather-anne
a great exploration of the personal journey.
Jenn
Read it if you loved 'Hands of Light.'
Carole
Aug 11, 2011 Carole marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Je l'ai demandé pour Noël.
Emily
Apr 23, 2008 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: energy workers
Recommended to Emily by: me
Handy!
Sarah Beewell
Sarah Beewell marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Damian Orvananos
Damian Orvananos marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Sister
Sister marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Peet
Peet marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Law 101: Everything You Need to Know about the American Legal System
  • Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
  • The Yoga of Herbs: An Ayurvedic Guide to Herbal Medicine
  • Healing and the Mind
  • Food and Healing
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Mother Nature: Maternal Instincts and How They Shape the Human Species
  • The Mystery of 2012: Predictions, Prophecies & Possibilities
  • The New Age Herbalist: How to Use Herbs for Healing, Nutrition, Body Care, and Relaxation
  • Writing with Intent: Essays, Reviews, Personal Prose--1983-2005
  • Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
Hands Of Light Manos Que Curan 2: Hagase la Luz Seeds of the Spirit 2000 RUCE SVETLA v3 (cs BARBARA BRENNAN ) BRENNAN_cs_ZJEVENI_SVETLA