Start by marking “Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Light Emerging: The Jo...

Barbara Ann Brennan

Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  539 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Barbara Ann Brennan's best-selling first book, "Hands of Light," established her as one of the world's most gifted healers and teachers. Now, in her long-awaited new work, she continues her ground-breaking exploration of the human energy field, or auro - the source of our experience of health or illness. Drawing on many new developments in her teaching and practice, she sh ...more
Paperback
Published January 1st 1994 by Bantam Books Ltd (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Light Emerging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light Emerging

Stardust
Jan 17, 2009 Stardust is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This book is always near by. I may not pick it up for years, but I'm still always in the process of reading it. A guide book about your physical energy.
Jeanne
Sep 09, 2007 Jeanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brennan's second book is more narrowly focused than Hands of Light, making is a much easier read. I love that she expands so much on the topic of self-care and how to assess progress on the mental and spiritual aspects, in particular.

I find the discussion of the energy field, the hara line, tan tien, and core star most fascinating. The channeling from Heyoan is wonderful. I have come to a deep appreciation of channeled information.

There is much practical information in this book to improve the q
Kimberly Nichols
Although very interesting in the beginning, it took me a very long time to read this meaty book. Good introduction for those who want to go into work in the energetic healing field but a little heady for just reading material. The author explains her journey as a healer well but I was looking for a little more practical knowledge and instruction after getting through what seemed like major coursework.
Erin
Dec 01, 2015 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Holley Duffy
Recommended to Erin by: Fred Person
An absolute MUST-HAVE for any energy worker! The knowledge the author shares about the human energy field in this book is so in depth, it requires referring back many times to various chapters to take it all in. I will be purchasing this for my energy work library!
Heather
Apr 11, 2014 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not at all what I was looking for. I was hoping for an exploration of energy work rather than a theoretical course on it. I was hoping for an optimistic view of personality/spirituality and Brennan's use of character structures, which hail from Freudian therapy, has the energy of judgment and disdain.

There were many case studies, but they were laden with an energy that was devoid of compassion or basic kindness when describing the type of people who might "suck" your energy.

As an
Natashen'ka Kovalenko
-Love is the experience of being connected to God and to everything else. God is everywhere, in everything. God is above us, below us, all around us, and within us. The divine spark of God is uniquely individual in each of us. It is God individually manifested. We experience it as our inner fountainhead, or the core of our being. The more we are connected to God outside of ourselves, the more we are connected to and bring forth the individuality of the God within. When we are connected to the un ...more
Sujata Sahni
As we go through painful experiences in our lives, we automatically try not to feel the pain. We have done this since childhood. We cut off our physical pain by withdrawing our consciousness from the part of our body that is in pain. We cut off our mental and emotional anguish by tensing our muscles and repressing it into the unconscious. To keep it repressed in the unconscious, we create all kinds of distractions in our lives that take our attention away from it. We may not even be aware of the ...more
Cathy
Feb 17, 2009 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book while healing from an injury which required surgery and months of rehabilitation. It took me a year to read it; I ruminated every chapter, there was so much to absorb. Now that I am an LMT, I appreciate this book even more. I continue to see things I did not grasp in the first reading. For me, this book and Hands of Light is a compilation of science, psychology and spirituality rolled into one union. It has helped me understand relationships more dynamically.
Rochelle
Jul 10, 2013 Rochelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Invaluable tool for the light worker, one who wishes to under the self holistically, and as a reference book for any light worker.
Lillian Hawkins
Dec 25, 2008 Lillian Hawkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy to understand book on chakras, healing, energy and human interactions with regards to the interplay of the auras.

A. Athanor
Jan 21, 2016 A. Athanor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant follow-up to her first book takes the healer/ reader into a deeper understanding of our energy fields, psychic attack and to other peoples attitudes feelings and emotions and how they affect our energy fields. Somebody else who has really done the work! Teaches us to be more aware and responsible. Great book!
Tuhina Singh
Jan 21, 2015 Tuhina Singh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found this book with more holistic in approach than her previous book "Hands of Light". Its become my bedside table book for a while now. Keeps me motivated to not miss my meditation sessions every night. Thanks Barbara!
Robin Morlock
Sep 11, 2015 Robin Morlock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Equally as good as her first book, "Hands of Light" - great reference material for hands-on healing and learning about auras.
Deana Morris
Feb 11, 2015 Deana Morris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A reference book rather than a cover to cover read. Fascinating, whichever space on the healing spectrum you occupy.
H. Gibson

Chronicles of Han Storm Book Club Read (Self-help empowerment healing)

A great book in exploring the possiblities of healing and empowering yourself.
Starr
Jan 18, 2009 Starr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The auric field seems rather complex, but Brennan gives a very straight-forward, detailed explination for how emotions relate to the energy fields and chakras. She uses real cases to demonstrate points and gives readers questions to think about their own experiences.

I've personally felt this book has reaffirmed thoughts I've had regarding the field of intention that Wayne Dyer talks about. This book really put a lot of things into perspective for me.
Sabrina Ali
Oct 26, 2014 Sabrina Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! This book resonated with me fully. It clarified things I didn't know I knew and introduced me to other, useful concepts. Highly recommended.
Inara
Title in English:
Light Emerging - The Journey of Personal Healing
Aji
Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing,...
Heather-anne
May 18, 2012 Heather-anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a great exploration of the personal journey.
Jenn
Apr 18, 2009 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it if you loved 'Hands of Light.'
Carole
Aug 11, 2011 Carole marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Je l'ai demandé pour Noël.
Emily
Apr 23, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: energy workers
Recommended to Emily by: me
Handy!
Gabi Albanova
Gabi Albanova marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Seraphine
Seraphine marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Dr. Johanna
Dr. Johanna rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Natalie Deritis
Natalie Deritis marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Elisa
Elisa marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • The Reiki Sourcebook
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Vibrational Medicine: The #1 Handbook of Subtle-Energy Therapies
  • Reiki Fire
  • The Spirit of Reiki
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • Awaken Healing Energy Through the Tao: The Taoist Secret of Circulating Internal Power
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
  • American Indian Secrets of Crystal Healing
  • Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development
  • Einstein's Unfinished Symphony: Listening to the Sounds of Space-Time
  • A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony, and Inner Peace
  • Joy's Way
  • Essential Reiki Teaching Manual: A Companion Guide for Reiki Healers
  • Crystal Enlightenment: The Transforming Properties of Crystals and Healing Stones