Start by marking “On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)” as Want to Read:
On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)

On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror #5)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  4,196 ratings  ·  598 reviews
When the life you wanted has crumbled beneath your fingers, there’s nothing left to do but pick up the pieces and soldier on. You’ve done this before.

But what happens when you no longer feel like yourself anymore? When fires spontaneously start-up around you, when you hear growling coming from underneath your bed, and you no longer recognize your face in the mirror. What h
Published May 13th 2012 by Metal Blonde Books (first published April 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about On Demon Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Demon Wings

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
174th out of 4,734 books — 18,506 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesHeart on a Chain by Cindy C. BennettAccordance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
30th out of 849 books — 1,925 voters

More lists with this book...

Karina Halle
May 11, 2012 Karina Halle added it  ·  (Review from the author)
One does not simply walk into a series during Book #5. So I will assume that most of you have read at least part of the Experiment in Terror Series. So I will refrain from explaining stuff that will seem redundant and jump right into....*drum roll* MY REVIEW OF ON DEMON WINGS.

Told entirely in gifs. Cuz I can and everyone should gif the fuck out of this series.

So it begins...

After Lying Season, Perry was left feeling

description

But she pulled herself together and sucked it up.

description

Of course, nothing in Perry's l
Debra

This book was just...

My main reaction after finishing it...

On Demon Wings is the fifth installment of the amazingly addictive Experiment In Terror series, and to me it was definitely the psychologically most challenging one... It was emotionally exhausting to read all of the things Perry had to go through and the ending wasn't exactly comforting in any way which is why I'll definitely be moving on to the next part of the series ASAP.

The story starts off with Perry feeling quite miserable. Six
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥

“You are in the Thin Veil, the Black Sunshine.”

5 HELL-literally Stars

Darkness consumes you. Darkness surrounds you. Don't be afraid of the darkness around you. Beware of the darkness in your soul.

Karina Halle continues to amazes us, in the 5th installment of the freaking fantastic Experiment in Terror series. Once again her writing style draws you in the story, making you a witness and always reminding you that people and their actions are more horrible than anything paranormal. Yes, even demon
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
Buddy reading with Kristina :))

Perry was left reeling by Dex's rejection...
It is now several months later and Perry is still trying to pick up the pieces of her broken heart...

description

She try to move on with her life..She has a new jobs and new friends but she still feels devastated by what happened between her and Dex..Also she is starting to fear she is being haunted or perhaps even worse.She is haunted by Abby...
description

Having no one else to turn to except for her sister Perry finds herself becoming involved
Brittni
5 TERRIFYING STARS!!!!!!

This book is the scariest one of the series so far in my opinion!!!!

This pretty much sums up how I was feeling the whole time while reading this book....

photo tumblr_lqax8pDG4g1qhyl7n_zps0a57ded8.gif
 photo tumblr_lv8ti71GSk1qafbqjo3_250_zps2b0e361b.gif
 photo theend_zps7b947002.jpg
Kristin (KC)
5 Stars!

*Whew* Hands down, most frightening one yet!

If you thought the previous installations in this series have been scary, get ready to have your socks knocked off because On Demon Wings boldly takes the element of fear to a whole new level!

Perry's attempt to run away from her past not only proves futile, but has her running directly into a more horrifying set of circumstances. Evil entities, vengeful ghosts, demonic possessions, and gruesome exorcisms amplify this story's intensity and place
Kristalia
And the Buddy Read continues with the great Vilda!!

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

KARINA HALLE, YOU ARE HORROR QUEEN, QUEEN OF SCARING THE **** OUT OF ME!! ( i will leave **** to your imagination, since it can be anything)

This woman, is the definition of horror! I have never been so scared to read a book!

It's one hell of a ride, emotional to the core and fantastic!!!!And "On Demon Wings" just became my favorite book of all EIT books that are out. I cried, i laughed, i was horrified and i was
It's just me Shelly B

I read the book......

I loved the book......

Enough said!!!!!!

Poor Perry she had a lot of issues in this book..

Ups and downs.....

A couple clowns....

People who just wouldn't believe in her .....

But one did come through...

One true savior...I bet you know who;)))))

This series gets better and better and BETTER!!!

Thank you B for helping me make poetry tonight...hahahahahahah!!! Even if I sound like Dr. Seuss!!!!!

On to the next book in this series:))))))))))).

Fathima
NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL !!!! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING !! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !! I SWEAR IF I HAD A GUN RIGHT NOW , I WOULD'NT HESITATE TO GO ON A MEGA SHOOTING RAMPAGE !! THIS IS JUST SOOO NOT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW !!! PERRY'S PARENTS , MAXI'DOUCHE'MUS , DR FREEDMAN , THE COPS - KILL'EM ALL

[image error]

This was was me yesterday !!!
Me today :

"And then I heard a noise I never thought I’d hear. The consistent drone of a wasp flying around somewhere near my head. I froze automatically, m
Vilda
And the Buddy Read continues with the awesome Kristalia!

Rating: 4,5 stars

"Your bond with him is a strong current. Your very hearts are magnets. If you listen, you can hear him. You can feel him. He's the only one who can help you now."

Oh boy. Where do I even begin? This story sure was one crazy ride! An emotional roller coaster lightly put. On Demon Wings is one of those books where you keep going WTF?! and wait for something to finally make sense, but nothing is. And then suddenly, things go
Jasmine
5 CRAZY DEMONIC STARS! ★★★★★

“Perry,” he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, “you’ll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the day I first met you.”

Yes I'm powering through this series because this book is COMPLETELY UNPUTDOWNABLE! I read it in one complete sitting till the wee hours of the morning because it's JUST. THAT. GOOD.

I don't even care if I nearly peed on my bed reading this. Or the fact that I was too spooked to even l
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
Thank You Karina Halle for bringing this fan-fucking-tastic series to my attention last year...you Rock!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Perry," he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the first day I met you."

At the end of Lying Season...I was litterally D-YING!! Being a huge supporter of Dex and Perry's relationship I wanted to KILL Dex when he
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Well, if you've read the last book, Lying Season, you know what the beginning of this book is about! And it's depressing and heart breaking. Unfortunately for Perry, that's not all that she has to deal with....she's not feeling well and she's having dreams again....

FRICK!! Can't Perry ever catch a break? Seriously, dealing with the heart break and then the you know what would be horrible by itself but then she's dealing with Abby and...demons. That's right, demons. And it's hard for Perry to kno
Jen
I have decided to rate this book a 4.5 stars. The only reason for that is that I truly missed Dex for most of the book. It did make me realize how big of a part he plays in the enjoyment factor in these stories. Yes, Perry is awesome too; but it is more how they are together that makes the book. (in my opinion!) Their friendship truly enhances each book, and I begin to think that if Dex wasn't in them, my like factor would drop a great deal! It is ironic that I came to this conclusion as after t ...more
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

***4.75 Terrifyingly Possessed Stars***

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

“Perry, we all just want to help you.”

That’s what they always said. Everyone always wants to help but no one ever wants to believe me.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It's been several months since Perry left without a backwards glance from Dex's apartment. They have been filled with sadness and anger, but she is moving on with her life. She is different, yet still the same. Perry now has a part-time job to replace the one she had as "ghost hunter" on E
Lucia

Oh My God, this was crazily fantastic!!! There are no doubts that Karina is amazing author. This book was full of surprises and I was seriously overwhelmed with all that happened in this book.

After cliffhanger in Lying Season, I immediately started book 5. Things were pretty negative and depressive for Perry at the beginning, it seemed like plenty of bad and sad things were coming her way. It was breaking my heart to see Perry struggling with her life situations. And than she started losing her
Duchess Nicole
I never thought while reading this series that it would be one to hurt my heart. I've felt the gamut of other emotions, but despair and hopelessness weren't something I was prepared for. I should have known, I should have expected that Halle had even more in store for Perry. In On Demon Wings, she nearly broke me.

If you haven't read the previous books (all the way through Lying Season), Don't read my spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been warned!

This story picks up pretty much dire
Joana
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yep, that was pretty much what i was doing while reading it...

Anyway, let's go back to the story, shall we?

After the ending of Lying season, or what i like to call THE MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS, Perry, our kick ass heroine is on rock bottom.

No matter how hard I barked and growled and tried to run, I was chocked back, chained for life, and would never ever be free. I was only 23 years old. I never did anybody any harm. Why me?

It was painful to read, to feel how depressed Perry was. How she n
Amy (Foxy)
On Demon Wings is what nightmares are made of and by far the scariest of all the books in this series (so far). I personally would have moved out of that house after (view spoiler)

My heart was breaking for Perry as I read this book. She has lost her best friend and partner. Her family thinks she has lost her mind and is trying to hurt herself. She is fired from her job because she was becoming a liability to her workplace.

Perry is on her
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Another book in the EIT series that in the end left us with a huge...

Before I start I would like to say thanks to Max because the guy finally gave me another male to hate in the series. Compared to him Dex is a ray of sunshine.

***SPOILERS***

It's been three months since Perry last saw Dex and he broke her heart, now she tries to recover but her mind and body don't seem to agree. After a new major shock she finds herself losing time, doing things that she wouldn't normally do and worst of all is
Kira
I went into this book totally blind.

Didn't read the synopsis.

Ignored the cover.

Ignored the title.

And didn't read reviews.

All of which resulted in this:

Oh my frickin' Lord.

I was not prepared to blow through this book at warp speed while simultaneously trying to hide my eyes and not let my feet get near the edge of the bed.

This book scared the bejeezus out of me!

And… I think I liked it? Mostly my reaction is this.

Karina Halle's writing ability jumped a mile in this book and the pacing was p
Karen
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CANNOT BE OVER.....NOT LIKE THAT!!!!!!

Warning...may contain spoilers.... although I'm really trying to keep it vague!!

I don't even know where to start on this review. This story scared the crap out of me!! It did not go how I had imagined it would AT ALL. Not that I had any inkling how the drama would unfold. But WOW...this one really threw me!!! Let's just say, almost everything I didn't want to happen DID and then some!! And everything I wanted to happen...DIDN'
Catarina
This book starts 6 weeks after the events of Lying Season.
During that time Perry was in a really bad place, she had lost her job, her best-friend and the man she loved, and had to go back to her parent’s house.

“I nodded dumbly, feeling useless, rejected.
Unreliable.
Unwanted.
Unloveable.”

But when things are finally start to get better: she has a new job and is starting to make new friends… darkness appears again. And this time worse than ever.

description

Things that catch fire suddenly, visions, people tha
kristina
review to come!

Buddy read with Pavlina :)

Let's get creepy.
Liz
This book made me feel nothing but

Perry is all alone after what happened in Lying Season. Step by step she picks the pieces of her broken heart from the ground. She cut all the strings, she broke all the contact, but everything is still too present.
She is thankful that she has Ada, with whom her connection grows stronger, because her parents are still not very supportive.
Especially not when Perry starts to change.

Weird, supernatural things start to happen and while Maximus tries to explai
Leah

ONCE AGAIN, I FIND MYSELF INCAPABLE OF WRITING A PROPER REVIEW FOR THIS SERIES. I MEAN, THAT CLIFFHANGER. REALLY? REALLY?
On Demon Wings was a gigantic mind-fuck. I had literally no clue what was happening (I'm not very good at foreshadowing or figuring stuff out, to be honest) until the last part of the book where everything sort of clicked into place.

Perry broke my heart in this. For some reason, I find her character very relatable and attaching, and hated seeing her this sad. I have to admit
AJ
Book 5 in the Experiment in Terror series picks up six weeks after the events that finished off the last book, and we find Perry trying to pick up the pieces of her life after everything fell apart. She still so angry, and so full of hate, but mostly she’s just broken, and it’s devastating to watch.

"All I had to do was think about how scared I was and how alone I felt. All I had to do was wish I had someone at my side who would know what was wrong with me and do whatever they could to fix me. I
Jane
OMG!! I was so excited to read this, it was all I wanted to do.

Then I started reading. What a freakin' ride! I felt so much pain and hurt for Perry it was hard to read at times.

Its like she has become a friend and watching her go threw all these terrifying ordeals is heart wrenching.You just want to take your arms and wrap them around her.
Photobucket

But thank god for little fifteen ( Ada) She was Perry's rock threw-out. And when Dex showed up, all I could do was scream.
Photobucket

Then the book ended on a cliff h
*.Amaia.* Team Derry :)
Wowwww!!!

description

Ok, not really feeling like writing a proper review on this one because:

1.- That cliffhanger is killing me and I need to read the novellas before I start Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6) by Karina Halle.

2.- First 75% of the book almost killed me!! I swear I was pulling my hair out I was so frustrated, but oh boy, it was so worth it :)
Seriously though, I can't possibly write a proper review because I really don't know what to write everything was so mental in this book!! I'm still trying to absorb everything that happened.

3.- I woul
Sammy☆Smitten With Book Heroes☆彡
So here's the deal.. I can't decide on my rating (somewhere between 4-5 ☆) so I have decided to round up to 5 ☆!

On Demon Wings is about Perry dealing with the consequences of the events that took place during Lying Season. She is definitely going through a rough patch in life and is struggling to figure out what to do next. On top of this, it appears she (and her house) are being haunted and terrorized by some type of paranormal being. I don't want to go into too much plot detail because I don't
Karina Halle Addi...: On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror #5) 7 30 Jul 08, 2013 05:22PM
"And with ma...: On Demon Wings (EIT #5) June 3rd-9th 22 25 Jun 09, 2013 10:58AM
"And with ma...: * On Demon Wings~ EIT #5 4 34 Nov 07, 2012 08:37AM
"And with ma...: * On Demon Wings~ EIT #5 2 21 Nov 07, 2012 08:36AM
"And with ma...: * Quotes from On Demon Wings 1 22 Aug 01, 2012 10:40PM
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Fast Forward
  • The Debt & the Doormat
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • The Fall of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #2)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Heller's Girlfriend (Heller, #3)
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer and rock music journalist and the USA TODAY bestselling author of Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Experiment in Terror and other wild and romantic reads. She lives in a 1920's farmhouse on a bucolic island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her rescue pup, where she drinks a lot of wine, hikes a lot of trails, and devours a lot of b ...more
More about Karina Halle...
Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1) Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2) On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)

“He was still a douchecanoe. The douchecanoe who was going to paddle me to safety.” 117 likes
“Perry," he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the first day I met you.” 89 likes