Start by marking “Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed” as Want to Read:
Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

Mastermind: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Draws on dozens of interviews with officials, military figures, and spies throughout the world to profile the al Qaeda terrorist behind the September 11 attacks, revealing previously undisclosed facts and details about other plots.
Published 2011 by Sentinel

To ask other readers questions about Mastermind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastermind

Christopher Higgins
Some many books that have been written about the 9/11 attacks and it's perpetrators are impressive for their level of research and attention to detail. KSM is one of the most fascinating figures of the 9/11 story but this book seems to add little to the profile. The information presented in this book has the depth of a really long wikipedia page. Miniter seems to have little concern with the how and why KSM became the primary planner of 9/11 (especially given he was never particularly devout nor ...more
Donni
Good info, poorly written
Doug
Not quite as good as I thought it may be, there actually wasn't too much in the way of interrogation conversations...I hoped to learn more about that. But it was interesting hearing about KSM's exploits and education in the US and about his upbringing. I felt that I learned a good deal about him I just felt that it could have been a bit more thorough in certain parts, like his capture and interrogations.
Matt Lukens
This book was very interesting. It gave me a lot of facts about the terrorists and the planning of September 11, 2001. It went into great detail about how the terrorists went about the attacks. It was very interesting and easy to read. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in September 11, 2001.
Doyle
This is a very well written story of KSM, based off of the available facts and research from open sources(including interviews). Reads like a journalistic novel but does have some author opinions. The opinions are not to be discounted by any way shape or form.
Anang
You won't find any "rosebud" explanations nor romantic exploration of a mass murderer's psyche. Miniter minces no words when he defines KSM as an intelligent manipulator who wants nothing more than to be a rockstar terrorist. Everything else is an act.
Mr. Steve
I just can't believe:

A) that he was able to pull off all the terrorist activity that he did
B) that he is still alive

Scumbag!
Robert
Nothing new. Poor clip job.
Dinushka
Good. Very informative
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2014
Rachel Corey
Rachel Corey marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Amanda Boone
Amanda Boone marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Danah Richter
Danah Richter marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2013
Bubba
Bubba marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Things I Want Most: The Extraordinary Story of a Boy's Journey to a Family of His Own Disinformation: 22 Media Myths That Undermine the War on Terror Leading from Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him Shadow War: The Untold Story of How America is Winning the War on Terror Losing Bin Laden: How Bill Clinton's Failures Unleashed Global Terror