Start by marking “My Subby Valentine” as Want to Read:
My Subby Valentine

My Subby Valentine (Heart Attack)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When Kit loses a contest and approaches a dangerous Dom for submission, he learns that the man he lusted after from afar is a lot more complicated than everyone thinks. Mason Briggs doesn't quite know what to do with the persistent submissive. Kit looks at Mase like he s everything good and right in the world. After a murder accusation and trial, Mase just wants to protect ...more
Published February 6th 2012 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about My Subby Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Subby Valentine

Serena Yates
Combining a Valentine’s story with a mystery/thriller is an interesting idea. I must admit, though, that I totally lost track of the Valentine’s part of the story because the mystery part, embodied in a creepy stalker, had me so focused that everything else became secondary. The building relationship between Kit and Mase did keep my attention, because it was interesting to watch these two ‘battle it out’.

Mase is a ‘Dom with a past’. Accused of killing his last sub, he is more than wary of taking
Lipvixen
Seriously?!? Loved the story but pretty expensive for 59 pages! $4.36 Would not hurt to make it longer. This should have same price point as Wooing Master Jones at $1.99
Steph
The recent tragedy in Mase's past has him wondering if he'll ever take on another sub. But, when Kit, a new sub, loses a dare and is forced to approach the big bad Dom at the club, Mase can't help but be attracted to Kit's innocence. Innocent he may be, but completely submissive he is not; Kit goes after what he wants even when he is stalked because of Mase's past.

The story would have been 10x better if it had been 5x longer. Though the relationship between these two was sweet, the length of the
Isha
I love Amber Kell’s works. I find her stories funny and sexy and generally leaving me in a good mood when I finish reading. Not this one though. The idea of the story itself is plausible – no complaints there – but the romantic interest after two days? Sorry, there is not enough interaction in between the characters to warrant strong emotions. The only reason I gave it a two star and not one was the idea of the plot.

It feels a bit like everything, including the writing, was rushed and pushed tog
Tam
May 27, 2012 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

Once again, while this story has the word Valentine in it, there is no mention of the holiday in the text, so I hope the name doesn’t scare anyone off. Mase is a big bad Dom at a local club, but he only plays at the club and has a reputation for being remote. One evening, it appears Kit loses a bet with some other subs and approaches Mase. Despite being attracted, Mase knows to do anything with a drunken sub is irresponsible, so puts him off w
Phaney
May 22, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Heh. That was adorable, particularly Kit. He was simply a delight. I really liked Mase as well with his gently ways. The BDSM aspect, although given such ominous relevance, really turned out very tame and from what I could see not much domination actually happened. XD Okay, not much sex happened either, which is in fact a good thing, but still.

The villainous plot did not go deep; pretty obvious stuff. The writing was unpolished. But hell, did I have a good time with this! There reall
Katy Beth Mckee
Great story. Loved the interaction and a fun read.
blub
I would have liked to see a bit more development in the story since everything seemed a bit rushed. The read was interesting enough but I found I wanted to know the reason why the culprit did what he did to Mase. It's explained that culprit thought Mase's previous lover was his but reader's didn't get the whole picture of why the culprit thought that (was Jeff cheating? did he have a relationship with the culprit or was it all in the culprits mind?, etc).
~SexyBookWorm~
Title seems slightly out of place. Story is abt Kit and Mase and Mase's stalker. who by the way was obvious from almost the beginning. Plot was "surfacy" my new word for lacking depth. :-) At first glance the plot was unique and intriguing. Former sub commits suicide and Dom blames self. The emotions between the MCs seemed rushed towards the end but the book was cute. Not earth shattering but cute.
Diane
This is a short read, but a good one! The characters are developed enough to get a sense of where they have come from and what they are looking for in their lives/relationships. When there is a serious threat to their relatiohship, there is an obvious choice, but that came to a peak in an interesting little twist!
Sandra
Feb 26, 2012 Sandra rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
I really liked the pace and suspense of this book. I didn't have the ending figured out halfway through and the romance was sweetly paced and written. This was a sweet hot read, perfect to curl up with if you don't have a sweetie to curl up with on Valentine's day. Or any other day.
Tj
Cute read but too short. It may have worked with the plot line a little less complicated. There are just too many threads to wrap up that quickly without coming across a little too easy and sappily. I did enjoy it but it wasn't as good as I had hoped.
Anke
I was really into the story - no problem with insta love, as it was mentioned that Kit plodded the meeting and then working his way to stay with Mase - but it lost me around 75%, as soon as the identity of the stalker was revealed.
Erticchic378
I like this story in theory. However I have a few issues:
1. It was way too short.
2. The price point was way off for the word count.
3. The entire story and plot seemed really rushed

Kinny
feel robbed as it's too short. Felt like an entire chunk of at least 50 pages were taken out in the middle. Should not cost more than 1.99. 'Considering Carlisle' had more meat than this at 1.99.
Beck
★☆ rounded up to ★★

Hmm ... too complicated a story for the word count ... title completely unrelated to the story ... insta-love *eye roll* ... mediocre BDSM ... meh
Janna
Feb 12, 2012 Janna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
2.5 stars. Annoying stalker trope, unbelievable insta-love and no Valentine in sight...
SapitoLector
I like it, as every Amber Kell´s book, even though I would like it to be a bit longer.
Ashley Cox
I actually really enjoyed the story, but felt it was a tad ... too short.
Lakeisha
Not bad, I found things a bit rushed! but I still love me some Amber Kell :)
Maya
A little too fast... and it could have been a little longer...
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • All the Gear, No Idea
  • Marked by Grief
  • By His Rules
  • New Legs, New Year (a Hammer story)
  • Thankful
  • Bitter Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #2)
  • Broken Pottery (Campus Cravings, #6)
  • Catalyst
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)