Start by marking “Magic Hoof School” as Want to Read:
Magic Hoof School

Magic Hoof School

Flutter can't wait to go to Magic Hoof School. But what will his mother, Aspen, do to make sure her colt is safe and happy at school? Find out what happens when you add magic, a curious mother, and a cute black colt together on the first day of Magic Hoof School!
Published January 25th 2012 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Magic Hoof School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Hoof School

Bree
May 02, 2012 Bree rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2012
I won a copy of this through the goodreads first-reads giveaway! My 4 year old daughter is crazy about horses, so I was excited to share this with her as her bedtime story after I received this in the mail yesterday.

The story is of a mother horse struggling with her young colt going off to school. So she follows him, spies to see what he's doing, and gets beat up a little while sneaking around and trying not to get caught.

It's a cute story, but I'm not sure my daughter is ready to fully apprecia
Mellissa
Apr 30, 2012 Mellissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This was a very charming book!

The story was humorous and fun, and the illustrations were bright and colorful! This is an excellent book for any parent who is about to send a child to school- it uses humor to show that parents get nervous about school too! This is excellent for horse lovers and animal lovers, and my children adored it!

Gomi
May 17, 2012 Gomi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young children 3-7
This was a fun read for the kids. The artwork is great and the story is cute. As a parent, I can really relate to Flutter's over-protective Mom, Aspen about a child's first days & months of school but I have never gone to these humorous extremes. Thank God!!
Cassaundra Aunna
May 03, 2012 Cassaundra Aunna rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book, and can't wait to read it to my daughter! Can't wait to get my hands on more books by this author!! Fantastic!
Amanda Chalifoux
Mar 22, 2012 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
My son's would love to read about Horses. They love books about any kind of animals. My sons are almost 2 and almost 4.
Lee-Ann Sleegers
Feb 28, 2012 Lee-Ann Sleegers rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves this book! Especially the Hot Pink Hoof polish on Aspen.
Kindra Quintana
Apr 24, 2012 Kindra Quintana marked it as to-read
Looks like a great read for children!
LL
May 21, 2012 LL rated it it was amazing
Adorable!
Kelly Knapp
Apr 28, 2012 Kelly Knapp rated it it was ok
Recommended to Kelly by: Goodreads Firstreads giveaway
I read this twice and found I could not give it a good review. I will try and explain my reasoning.

Magic Hoof School is a story about a young colt heading off for his first day of school. He is eager to go, but his mother feels only anxiety. She follows him and tries to observe his day from a distance, without his knowledge. In so doing, she is injured several times.

After reading it the first time, I sat down and read it to a couple of my grandchildren and one of their friends. They were 2 thre
Christine Meunier
May 01, 2015 Christine Meunier rated it really liked it
Magic Hoof School is a great short story for the younger reader about a little black colt named Flutter. Flutter is so excited about his first day of school, but his mother is nervous and keen to know that her baby is ok.

Flutter excitedly heads off to Magic Hoof School with his friend, his mother unknowingly following behind. Magic Hoof School explores what Flutter's mother gets up to as she tries to make sure her colt is ok. A gorgeous little read with a great moral to the story.
Katy
May 15, 2012 Katy rated it it was ok
I won this book in a first reads giveaway. At first I thought that this book was to be about the young horse going to magic school. It seems like a cute premise that little kids could be interested in. However, this book is actually about the mother of a child going to their first day of school. I was somewhat disturbed by the fact that the mother practically stalked their child at school and climbed a tree to watch him in class. I understand that children should use their imagination, but horse ...more
Cassandra
May 13, 2012 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I just finished reading Magic Hoof School, which I won from a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. I'm so excited to read this to my class. This is a perfect read for the beginning of school when the children are still afraid to be away from parents or at the end of school when they are getting ready to head to Kindergarten. The kids will love it. Flutter shows his mother that he is growing up and that she needs to let him go. It's even a great story to read for measurement tools (calendar), farm, fa ...more
Terri Menke
Jun 30, 2012 Terri Menke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-fiction
I think this was a great book! It is full of color and well written. My son is 13, with some special needs, and he loved it too! It tells the story of how it can be difficult for parents to let their kids grow up, and it tells it in a way kids can relate to.
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Daarika
Daarika rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Print Teach
Print Teach marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Judy Grifhorst
Judy Grifhorst is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
jiho shin
jiho shin rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Gavin
Gavin rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2014
Sara-jane
Sara-jane marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
lizblack
lizblack rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Susan Mariah
Susan Mariah marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Andréa
Andréa rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2013
Julia Jasztal
Julia Jasztal marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Britney
Britney rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Marcy Kikegawa grew-up in the mountains of southwest Virginia, writing and riding ponies. Her love of reading merged with her imagination when she read a book about Thailand and decided she had to go there. She sold everything she owned and moved to Thailand to teach.

Her decade of living abroad inspired wonderful stories and a zest for life that shines through her writing. Now in South Carolina, s
More about Marcy Kikegawa...