Start by marking “Marked (Lesser-Bred, #2)” as Want to Read:
Marked (Lesser-Bred, #2)

Marked (Lesser-Bred #2)

It’s been twelve years since Alex lived the nightmare that changed his life. Then an inhuman killer comes to Blytheville, Arkansas and starts taking the lives of prostitutes. While investigating the death of the killer’s latest victim, Alex Jackson finds himself face to face with someone he never thought he’d see again. Someone he never wanted to see.
Mike has made peace wi
197 pages
Published 2012 by Gray Zone publishing

To ask other readers questions about Marked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked

Jason Bradley
Jul 02, 2014 Jason Bradley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook, m-f, dragon
4.5 stars- This was amazing. It was a roller coaster ride with some very unexpected turns. I loved these characters!!
Vivian
May 05, 2014 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a romance. This is a dystopic fantasy story.

There is love. Deep love, but still this is not a romance. It is the continuation from Book #1 in the series, but twelve years later. It has a realism to it that is gritty and a deep underlying sense of unshakeable melancholy that screams southern writer. The battles Alex and Mike face in this one don't go where you expect. Mike's struggles and reality over a decade later are definitely evenly weighed on the scales. Some good and some bad.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
May 04, 2012 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, ebook, m-m
I love how Wilder’s books give her readers little snippets into the lives of her characters. The last we saw of Alex and Mike they were beginning a new chapter in their lives, a chapter where they were no longer best friends. A chapter where one found that he was no longer even human. That was twelve years ago in Lesser-Bred Stained. Alex has since become a sheriff deputy and Mike has grown quite used to being Lesser-Bred.

Alex still has some deep issues when it comes to all that happened twelve
Vanessa theJeepDiva

Alex still has some deep issues when it comes to all that happened twelve
Summer
**Warning** There is no HEA in this story and it has both m/f and m/m.

This was another excellent installment with the Kin (Dragon) world. I was hoping for a happy ending, but was okay with what went down. It would be great to have a book after this one where Alex gets to belong. Be sure to have your kleenex with you when reading this one because it is a real tear jerker.
Nijin
Apr 28, 2012 Nijin rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic, dark, angst, mm
Spoiler ahead.
I was reading all night long. The ending SUCKS!!! I hate it. Because of it 3

I seriosly think author need to do something about it. She is out of my faivorite list. :(((
Danielle Thomas
Mar 17, 2017 Danielle Thomas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adrienne-wilder
Love this series.
Carina Newworld
Mar 11, 2014 Carina Newworld rated it liked it
Personally I liked this sequel better then the former book.

For me the plot is a lot faster going and I never expected the end it got.
(view spoiler)

The world the Autor created is great as always and I got a lot more insight for the feelings of the caracters.

What Im not liking about this book is that the changes in the point of few were more annoying than in the former one.

All in all I can give it 3 stars.
Avrey-zoe
Aug 15, 2012 Avrey-zoe rated it really liked it
Love Adrienne Wilder's writing, but this book left me feeling like it was unfinished. Maybe there is more to come for Alex and friends. Unlike book one, there was no "to be continued" tag so maybe this is the end for this series.
Absynthe
I'm totally addicted to this author's world building. Engrossing and moving. The end totally got me crying! I'm eagerly awaiting the next book.
Kristy Maitz
Jul 10, 2014 Kristy Maitz rated it did not like it
Shelves: disappointments
And again, that story plot doesn't get any better compare to first book.

Kathleen
May 29, 2015 Kathleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-romance
I can't tell you how angry I am with the author at this moment. Be aware that if you read this series, it is NOT a romance. It is a dark urban fantasy with a very sad ending.
j
j rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Carylory becker
Carylory becker rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Nicki
Nicki rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
H
H rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Zeh
Zeh rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Malliana
Malliana rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
StarLight
StarLight rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2017
Elizabeth Talley
Elizabeth Talley rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
MLE
MLE rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Elynor
Elynor rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Tairinn
Tairinn rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Marisolis
Marisolis rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Jennyd
Jennyd rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Azolla
Azolla rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se
More about Adrienne Wilder...

Lesser-Bred (2 books)
  • Stained (Lesser-Bred, #1)