Start by marking “Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)” as Want to Read:
Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)

Prince of the Elves (Amulet #5)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  8,645 Ratings  ·  648 Reviews
THE ENEMY GROWS STRONGER...

Emily survived the chaos of the Guardian Academy, but Max Griffin has stolen the Mother Stone. With it, the Elf King forges new Amulets that will give him the power to invade and destroy the nation of Windsor. Emily and her friends lead the soldiers of the Cielis Guard in a fight to stop him, but Max stands in their way. And when she seeks inform
Published September 1st 2012 by GRAPHIX

To ask other readers questions about Prince of the Elves, please sign up.

Maria Tag If you mean like as in crush, of COURSE NOT!
Alejandro you cant this is only allows previews its one of those book reviews sites i also thought you could read on this

molly ♛
Sep 15, 2016 molly ♛ rated it liked it
This whole new storyline is so hard to follow!
Daniel
Feb 21, 2015 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I knew it. Chess is a dangerous game.

I dalje se iznenadim kada vidim neke prosto predivne scene... mada ne bi trebalo.
Rachel Lightwood
I've said it four times before, and I'll say it again: this is the one graphic novel series I've enjoyed so far. I think that's why it is so hard for me to say that I wasn't the biggest fan of this sequel. The storyline was a little too confusing. A new concept was introduced but I was never sure exactly how it worked. I was confused whether the scenes were happening in real life, a dream or even another parallel universe. The artwork, however, was literally jaw-dropping and so blood gorgeous. I ...more
Ferdy

Loved the Trellis and Max parts, their back stories and characters were so much more interesting than boring Emily's. The artwork was the best part again, the single page panels were great.
John Papadopoulos
Oct 31, 2016 John Papadopoulos rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Even though this volume has been a bit slower than the other ones I soo loved it! As we go along it gets darker and better which i am a huge fan of that! Trellis is now my favorite character! And the art; stunning, brilliant, there are no words! Well, i am glad the mom wasn't in this one as much. I felt we needed the backstory it added another level to the series. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Selene
Mar 19, 2016 Selene rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Cathy
Jun 15, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
I'm constantly amazed with Kibuishi's artistic skill. Downloaded an advanced reader copy of the book thanks to NetGalley (dancing with joy was involved) and lost my breath with the artwork on the opening pages. From the start, we follow a young Max and an elfin friend and see there's a bond between the two and for Max, a strong sense of justice and doing right. When Max's elfin friend and family is jailed, he rushes to the prison to set them free and, tragically, puts them in an aircraft that's ...more
Jonathan
Jul 23, 2013 Jonathan rated it really liked it

Things have moved from strength to strength in this volume. The artwork is beautifully edgy and yet still age appropriate for its young adult readership; the dialogue is better than previous novels (if not over the static, disjointed beginnings it started the series with); and the character development is impressive. In fact, when this series concludes I can't help but imagine that it would probably make a superior anime cartoon series or a digitally animated film to a graphic novel series.

The r
Rachel
Feb 19, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I am so surprised that I'm giving this five stars, but when I look back, there was nothing that I did not enjoy about this book. I read it in one sitting I just couldn't put it down, the art was phenomenal, and the characters wow. We're getting so much more depth with them than I was expecting. Also this story is much darker than I was expecting at the beginning. I'm just loving this series and I can't wait to continue!
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
Dec 02, 2014 Jillian (bookishandnerdy) rated it it was amazing
these just keep getting better and better.
Leslie
Emily’s relationship with her stone has always been tenuous at best: could she trust it’s advice or no. Little did she realize that the fact her stone even speaks with her is a terrible sign. Stones were merely meant as conduits through which the Keeper’s may channel power. The only ones ever known to have spoken with their Keeper’s have led to bad ends. The already sinister presence of the Voice deepens substantially (and rather deliciously). The stakes of the game it and Emily play have height ...more
Alain Burrese
Mar 17, 2013 Alain Burrese rated it it was amazing
The fifth book of the series, “Amulet 5 Prince of the Elves” by Kazu Kibuishi, is a bit darker than previous books, but just as enjoyable with continued top notch artwork. I'm actually very glad my daughter insisted that I read these books too, because I actually enjoy the stories and then can talk with her about them.

This book picks up where the fourth left off and provides some back story on Max and continues the adventures Emily, her brother, mother, and new friends find themselves in. Unfort
Jacquelyn
Jan 01, 2016 Jacquelyn rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this was my least favorite of the series. I was a little fuzzy on all that happened in volume 4 but I felt that there wasn't much of a recap on volume 4 and it just jumped right on in. I still loved the art style but the plot was just boring to me and I was just glad that it was quick. Although this one was a disappointment, I have really enjoyed volumes 1-4 so I most likely will continue despite the low rating of this particular volume. I wish I had enjoyed this one more but you ...more
Alexa
May 15, 2016 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Tremendously enjoying this series! Even though I took a bit of a break between the 4th and this one, I never felt lost when I returned to the world. It's such a fun fantasy read!
J. Micheal Goddard
Oct 30, 2014 J. Micheal Goddard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reread July 2016

Read November 2014
Kristen
Slightly spoilery PSA!

Y'all probably know this already, but for anyone who doesn't: one of the many narrative tools a comic artist has at their disposal are panel borders. They can create panels of different shapes, sizes, etc. to aid in storytelling, and Kibuishi makes good use of that in this volume.
So! If you find yourself confused as to whether or not something is real or a dream or what-have-you, pay close attention to the panel borders.

I'm continuing to enjoy these, and am very glad to hav
Aryanamarin
Jun 04, 2015 Aryanamarin rated it it was amazing
This book was so good!!!!!The only thing that was like " WOW " was when Emily and Max and some other man i forgot he's name but they are all stone-keepers and remember how i told u about the whole Max thing well they battled, it was awesome!!!!!! It was so cool because the stones were different colors and it looked cool. I really liked this book!
Edwin
Mar 02, 2016 Edwin rated it it was amazing
One the things that I love about this series is that the story doesn't feel rushed like other graphics novels that I've read. The art of this graphic novel is stunning. I found some of the backgrounds so soothing. Read it.
Michael Finocchiaro
Oct 13, 2016 Michael Finocchiaro rated it it was amazing
It was cool to see the change in this character referred to in the title and see each character deepen and mature as this excellent epic continues into its 5th volume. More greatness to come in Vol 6!
Taylor Ramirez
Sep 28, 2016 Taylor Ramirez rated it it was amazing
This was the book of tragic backstories. We learn about Max’s and the elf prince’s. I really enjoyed this book, things are starting to get interesting. I guess Max really isn’t the bad guy it’s the voice thing. Onto the next one!
Mehnaz
Aug 29, 2015 Mehnaz rated it really liked it
There was action and excitement in this installment, but we did not get to see any of the problems resolved. It felt like a lot of things were happening without making much sense.
Isabelle Ray
Jan 31, 2016 Isabelle Ray rated it really liked it
Kind of lost me a couple of times, because the scenes were changibg so rapidly. Overall, it was pretty good. I love Max as a character. He's just trying to do what is right.
Chelsea
Jun 22, 2016 Chelsea rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphics-comics
I think this book was really great but I wasn't as into the plot or something of this one as the last two. I can't wait to read the next one, though. This is such an amazing series!!
Lia B. Ung

Romance: N/A
Artwork: 5/5

Enjoyment level: 4.5/5 stars
Lindsay
I hit a wall... It's a fun series, but I feel like I've reached a stopping point.
Heather Glatzmayer- AASD
Feb 01, 2017 Heather Glatzmayer- AASD rated it it was amazing
Wow! This series just twists and turns!! I love the author's creativity.
Angelica
Jan 25, 2017 Angelica rated it really liked it
Between a 3 and a 4!
  • Legends of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #2)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #2)
  • Captain Disaster (Squish, #4)
  • The Thief and the Sword (Cleopatra in Space, #2)
  • The Secret of the Stone Frog: A TOON Graphic
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • Jellaby: Monster in the City (Jellaby, #2)
  • Monster on the Hill
  • Rust Vol. 1: Visitor in the Field
  • Owly, Vol. 2: Just a Little Blue (Owly, #2)
  • How Mirka Met a Meteorite (Hereville #2)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Heavenly Nostrils, #1)
  • Tower of Treasure (Three Thieves, #1)
  • Binky Under Pressure
  • The Golden Twine
  • Hades: Lord of the Dead (Olympians, #4)
Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at ...more
More about Kazu Kibuishi...

Amulet (9 books)
  • The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Escape from Lucien (Amulet, #6)
  • Firelight (Amulet, #7)