Start by marking “How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?” as Want to Read:
How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?

How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah? (How Do Dinosaurs...?)

With more than 9 million books in print, America's favorite dinosaurs can't wait to celebrate Chanukah!

From the warm glow of holiday candles in the menorah to the fun of family gatherings, little dinosaurs love to celebrate the Festival of Lights. But sometimes the excitement of Chanukah, its treasured rituals, and the tradition of gifts can tempt a youngster to misbehave.
Published September 1st 2012 by The Blue Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?

Melissa
Oct 24, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
You know, they're still really good at this.

Plus SUPER BONUS POINTS for coming out with both a Hanukkah AND a Christmas holiday book. Why don't more picture book series do this?
Julia
Sep 07, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it
A Hanukah picture book, which aren’t all that common, yes, with dinosaurs.
Samantha
Dec 09, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
A child ran off with this book after story time. I think it was a hit.
Nancye
Mar 21, 2017 Nancye rated it it was amazing
Read this with my 2nd grade reading buddy today. She read it first, but then I read it to her so she could hear how it flows. Cute story with information about the holiday that she did not know. The highlight for her though was that there is a character named Zaida and that is her name.
Steven R. McEvoy
Aug 02, 2012 Steven R. McEvoy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Since the first book in 2000 the 'How Do Dinosaurs Say …?' series has been very popular. In 2012 two new books are being added to the others in the series and they should both be great fun for readers of all ages. Across the series more than 14 million books have been sold and brought together laughter, learning and fun to children around the world.

The first part of the book is a series of questions about what a dinosaur should not do while celebrating this Jewish feast. The second half of the s
The Badger
Sep 07, 2016 The Badger rated it really liked it
I love these dinosaur books. When I have "book-dates" with younger students for good behavior, I may possibly maybe sort of kind of lead them towards either the dinosaur books or the Skippy John Jones books.
Christine Turner
Dec 03, 2012 Christine Turner rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
Little dinosaurs love to celebrate the Festival of Lights, from the warm glow of holiday candles in the menorah to the fun of family gatherings. But sometimes the excitement of Chanukah, its treasured rituals, and the tradition of gifts can tempt a youngster to misbehave.... Come along on a joyful romp filled with tumbling dreidels and melting gelt as America's favorite prehistoric pals spread a little mischief this season.

Children will laugh out loud as dinosaurs fidget, fuss, and stomp throu
Margo Tanenbaum
Dec 14, 2012 Margo Tanenbaum rated it it was amazing
Those fabulous dinosaurs obviously come from a multicultural home, since this year the celebrated author and illustrator team have released both a Christmas and Chanukah title featuring the adorable dinosaurs of How do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? and so many other beloved picture books and board books. Toddlers and preschoolers will surely giggle to see their favorite dinosaurs being mischievous and squeezing the Chanukah gelt (chocolate coins), fidgeting during prayers, and more. Of course they e ...more
Alice
Jan 31, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
I am not a dinosaur fanatic, don't really see what is so exciting about them, but I do like Chanukah and so I liked this book. Kids (especially boys) will love this book. The pictures are stunning and labeled as to which dinosaur they are. As I don't love dinosaurs all that much, I can't say it is the most exciting wonderful book I have ever read, but I liked it enough to recommend it to the kids that come in looking for dinosaurs book!
Monica A
Dec 05, 2014 Monica A rated it liked it
I am not all that fascinated with Dinosaurs, but I think this would really capture the attention of children, especially young boys. This book comes from a series called "How Do Dinosaurs Say...?" and I thought it was nice that this one is about Chanukah. After all, there are plenty of books about Christmas and not much about Chanukah. I would recommend this book to young readers and especially boys who would find much interest in wonderful illustrations.
Arlene Allen
Sep 19, 2012 Arlene Allen rated it really liked it
This one gets the extra star for being a clever, fun and much needed picture book for Chanukah story times. There is a dearth of age appropriate books and one based in a popular series phenomena is especially welcomed. When I was a children's librarian, I never had enough, especially on the younger end, to read for Chanukah! (I just wish there'd been a dinosaur in a yarmulke - that would have been priceless!)
Kyle
Feb 15, 2016 Kyle marked it as to-read
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Once again I am pleased with the "How do Dinosaurs" books. Jane Yolen is just brilliant. And the illustrations by Mark Teague, they just make me want to be part of a dinosaur family.
Shelli
Sep 27, 2012 Shelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
These "How do Dinosaurs Series" is one of my favorite. Jane Yolen and Mark Teague collaborate brilliantly to make these exciting and colorful reads for young readers. This one talks about many of the Chanukah traditions and symbols. However you do not have to be Jewish to understand or enjoy.
RC
Dec 17, 2014 RC rated it really liked it
Even good little dinosaurs misbehave during the holidays. In How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Chanukah?, the story illustrates what the dinosaur could and couldn't do but he behaves during the eight nights of Chanukah and enjoys all of the traditional Chanukah activities.
Samantha
Rhyming text shows dinosaurs celebrating Hanukkah with manners and good behavior. I liked the use of terms and the way the illustrations help readers understand the meanings. Great seasonal read aloud for PreK-2.
Peacegal
Sep 20, 2012 Peacegal rated it liked it
The story is predictable in you've read other DINOSAURS books, but the illustrations are an absolute laugh-out-loud delight. I love the increasingly bizarre dinosaurs this series id digging up (pun intended).
Katie Fitzgerald
Dec 10, 2012 Katie Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
Read at drop-in story time on 12/14/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Linda
Oct 30, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Chanukah and dinosaurs....yep! Great pictures about how NOT to and how TO behave during the Jewish holiday.
Eloise
Oct 17, 2012 Eloise rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very similar to the other books in this series.
Sara
Nov 22, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
I giggled. A lot.
Bethe
Dec 08, 2015 Bethe rated it liked it
Dinosaurs get into the holiday spirit, love the dino face as he's singing the prayers! Cute details with the boy dinos wearing yarmulkes.
Alison
Dec 11, 2015 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, hanukkah
The kids were semi-interested in this book. Most of them knew nothing of the holiday before reading it.
Mary Anne
Nov 30, 2015 Mary Anne rated it really liked it
I love these dinosaur books, written by Jane Yolen and fabulously illustrated by Mark Teague. Sure to delight young fans of both dinosaurs and winter holidays.
Sed
Nov 04, 2012 Sed rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved
Cute!
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Wiz  of wizards
Wiz of wizards rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Susan Sonnen
Susan Sonnen rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Beyond the Pages
Beyond the Pages rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Easter Bunny's Assistant
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Good night, laila tov
  • The Runaway Wok: A Chinese New Year Tale
  • Violet's Music
  • Don't Squish the Sasquatch!
  • Pirate Nap: A Book of Colors
  • Gershon's Monster: A Story For The Jewish New Year
  • Nobunny's Perfect
  • For Just One Day
  • Zoom, Rocket, Zoom!
  • Al Pha's Bet
  • Train Man
  • There Was An Old Monster!
  • Hello My Name Is Bob
  • Monkey Truck
  • Scarum Fair
  • All Kinds of Kisses
Jane Yolen is a novelist, poet, fantasist, journalist, songwriter, storyteller, folklorist, and children’s book author who has written more than three hundred books. Her accolades include the Caldecott Medal, two Nebula Awards, the World Fantasy Award, three Mythopoeic Awards, the Kerlan Award, two Christopher Awards, and six honorary doctorate degrees from colleges and universities in Massachuset ...more
More about Jane Yolen...

How Do Dinosaurs...? (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?