Start by marking “The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look” as Want to Read:
The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look

The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This guide explains the what’s, why’s, and how’s of styling; so whether you’re looking to update your wardrobe or curate your closet, this book has the answer. Accomplished stylist Somer Flaherty helps readers figure out what their look is (or ought to be), and how to tailor that look to their own particular body type. Also, for all of the future Rachel Zoe’s out there, Fl ...more
Published September 28th 2012 by Zest Books (first published September 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Styling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Styling

Claire
Not much in here that I didn't know, but it was still a good exhortation to my stony heart.
Tina
I loved this book. Excellent styling advice that really got me thinking about outfits, colors and "looks" that would fit my body type.
Stephanie
The Book of Styling was a really fun read! As a self-proclaimed fashionista I didn't think I'd learn a lot, but boy was I wrong! I followed the tips in this book and re-vamped my closet, and I can say in all honesty that I've never been happier with the result. After learning all the little tips and tricks contained in this book, finding something to wear is a snap. If you guys haven't heard of "The Rule of Threes" I definitely recommend you check out The Book of Styling and take control of your ...more
Kathy
I appreciate receiving this as a GoodReads winner. I felt it was well laid out, and had something for everyone no matter what their sense of style. It had good basic info on how to dress flatteringly for your body type, to how to put together fun outfits. This was more a book for younger women- perhaps late middle school through high school or early college. After I read it, I gave it to a young friend in college and she has very much enjoyed going through it for tips and ideas.
Bunny
This is another book from ZEST BOOKS that Sis keeps swiping off my TO READ pile. Its a beginners guide to fashion, with tips on how to attain certain "stylized" looks, and how to dress best for your body shape, etc.

Took me about an hour to flip through, but Sis has been keeping it in her room for "reference". I don't know how many times Ive had to put it back on my TBR after finding it in her room. lol
Melissa
I read books like this all of the time. Why have I not been keeping track of them? This one was a favorite because it talks about the power of three, how to dress for your body type, shows different types of style, how to curate your closet and more. The only read downside was the lack of real pictures.
Janet
Sep 18, 2012 Janet marked it as to-read
If anyone has seen me or my closet - they will definetly say I need this book. Any kind of help is very appreciated. Really hope I win this book. Will update with style makeover upon completion of book if I win !
Jordan
Lots of usefull advice, but the activities seemed to be for someone more into fashion than me. The las two chapters were abot how to be a stylist so I didn't read them.
Dani
Somer Flaherty did an amazing job creating descriptions for fashion in this book of styling. I loved reading it and learned a lot. :)
Anja Manning
An excellent guide to the basics, with really cute illustrations, usable information. Suitable not only for teens!
Tiffany Newman
really awesome book talks about how to style like a pro and a cheep way to make u look good and save money
Nicole
I'm kind of embarrassed by how actually helpful I found this YA style book...
Bluestream2
Bluestream2 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
sylvie/emma
sylvie/emma marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Myleka Brown
Myleka Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Fiona
Fiona added it
Aug 13, 2014
Reni
Reni added it
Aug 09, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Samantha Taylor
Samantha Taylor marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Kelly H.
Kelly H. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop, and Live
  • The Color of Style
  • Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Style: How to Find Your Perfect Look
  • Birthday Blues
  • Boys Who Rocked The World: Heroes from King Tut to Bruce Lee
  • Library Lily
  • P.S.- I Made This . . .: I See It. I Like It. I Make It.
  • Story Starters: A Workbook for Writers
  • How to Hepburn: Lessons on Living from Kate the Great
  • What the Dog Said
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease
  • When Love Comes to Town
  • The Style Strategy: A Less-Is-More Approach to Staying Chic and Shopping Smart
  • Homer
  • Rae: My True Story of Fear, Anxiety, and Social Phobia
  • Writing Great Books for Young Adults: Everything You Need to Know, from Crafting the Idea to Landing a Publishing Deal
  • 100 Unforgettable Dresses
  • Rise to Greatness: Abraham Lincoln and America's Most Perilous Year
Girl in a Fix: Quick Beauty Solutions (and Why They Work) El Arte de Tener Estilo Book of Styling Trucos de Belleza Para Chicas Con Prisa