Start by marking “The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look” as Want to Read:
The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look

The Book of Styling: An Insider's Guide to Creating Your Own Look

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This guide explains the what’s, why’s, and how’s of styling; so whether you’re looking to update your wardrobe or curate your closet, this book has the answer. Accomplished stylist Somer Flaherty helps readers figure out what their look is (or ought to be), and how to tailor that look to their own particular body type. Also, for all of the future Rachel Zoe’s out there, Fl ...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Zest Books

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Styling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Styling

Claire
Not much in here that I didn't know, but it was still a good exhortation to my stony heart.
Tina
I loved this book. Excellent styling advice that really got me thinking about outfits, colors and "looks" that would fit my body type.
Liesl
Good book/advice for a younger age group--I would say teens-college
Stephanie
The Book of Styling was a really fun read! As a self-proclaimed fashionista I didn't think I'd learn a lot, but boy was I wrong! I followed the tips in this book and re-vamped my closet, and I can say in all honesty that I've never been happier with the result. After learning all the little tips and tricks contained in this book, finding something to wear is a snap. If you guys haven't heard of "The Rule of Threes" I definitely recommend you check out The Book of Styling and take control of your ...more
Kathy
I appreciate receiving this as a GoodReads winner. I felt it was well laid out, and had something for everyone no matter what their sense of style. It had good basic info on how to dress flatteringly for your body type, to how to put together fun outfits. This was more a book for younger women- perhaps late middle school through high school or early college. After I read it, I gave it to a young friend in college and she has very much enjoyed going through it for tips and ideas.
Bunny
This is another book from ZEST BOOKS that Sis keeps swiping off my TO READ pile. Its a beginners guide to fashion, with tips on how to attain certain "stylized" looks, and how to dress best for your body shape, etc.

Took me about an hour to flip through, but Sis has been keeping it in her room for "reference". I don't know how many times Ive had to put it back on my TBR after finding it in her room. lol
Melissa
I read books like this all of the time. Why have I not been keeping track of them? This one was a favorite because it talks about the power of three, how to dress for your body type, shows different types of style, how to curate your closet and more. The only read downside was the lack of real pictures.
Janet
Sep 18, 2012 Janet marked it as to-read
If anyone has seen me or my closet - they will definetly say I need this book. Any kind of help is very appreciated. Really hope I win this book. Will update with style makeover upon completion of book if I win !
Jordan
Lots of usefull advice, but the activities seemed to be for someone more into fashion than me. The las two chapters were abot how to be a stylist so I didn't read them.
Dani
Somer Flaherty did an amazing job creating descriptions for fashion in this book of styling. I loved reading it and learned a lot. :)
Anja Manning
An excellent guide to the basics, with really cute illustrations, usable information. Suitable not only for teens!
Tiffany Newman
really awesome book talks about how to style like a pro and a cheep way to make u look good and save money
Nicole
I'm kind of embarrassed by how actually helpful I found this YA style book...
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 14, 2015
Jss
Jss added it
Apr 06, 2015
Kayla Boesche
Kayla Boesche marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Maggie Cunningham
Maggie Cunningham marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Thalia
Thalia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Bluestream2
Bluestream2 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
sylvie/emma
sylvie/emma marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Style Me Vintage: Make Up: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Looks
  • Growing Up Muslim: Understanding the Beliefs and Practices of Islam
  • Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Style: How to Find Your Perfect Look
  • The Color of Style
  • Birthday Blues
  • The ELLEments of Personal Style: 25 Modern Fashion Icons on How to Dress, Shop, and Live
  • Library Lily
  • Story Starters: A Workbook for Writers
  • What the Dog Said
  • Homer
  • How to Hepburn: Lessons on Living from Kate the Great
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease
  • Rae: My True Story of Fear, Anxiety, and Social Phobia
  • When Love Comes to Town
  • The Style Strategy: A Less-Is-More Approach to Staying Chic and Shopping Smart
  • The Brontë Sisters: The Brief Lives of Charlotte, Emily, and Anne
  • Alice on Board (Alice, #24)
  • I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family
Girl in a Fix: Quick Beauty Solutions (and Why They Work) Book of Styling Trucos de Belleza Para Chicas Con Prisa El Arte de Tener Estilo