Start by marking “Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up” as Want to Read:
Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up

Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up

A bloody scandal and its shameless cover-up:

No scandal is more threatening to the Obama administration than Operation Fast and Furious. While other scandals involve money, Fast and Furious involves lives, including that of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, gunned down with a weapon that the federal government put in the hands of Mexico’s narco-terrorists.

As shocking as Oper
Published April 16th 2012 by Regnery Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fast and Furious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast and Furious

John Stevens
May 09, 2012 John Stevens rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-stories
Let me first start out by saying that I am registered as an Independent voter and have been all of my life except for 5 years during my twenties when I was the 2nd one of 2 registered Republicans in a Coal Mining town in PA. Bottom line, I am mostly conservative in that I want the Federal Government out of my pockets. There are laws they must enforce, preserve and protect as mostly governed by our U.S. Constitution. Give me a fair playing field. Cut back on regulation, stay out of my home busine ...more
Oct 12, 2014 Steve rated it really liked it
Probably more like 3 stars, since the story is still unfolding. But Pavlich is a good writer, and I give her credit for compiling and presenting an important story. I have avoided, for the most part, the Fast & Furious scandal. For a long while I just didn't want to deal with the accompanying political bullshit. And then the IRS scandal broke -- which I consider a very big Nixonian deal. A lot of what is currently going on with the IRS scandal (stonewalling over document requests) occurred e ...more
Jeff Emanuel
May 14, 2012 Jeff Emanuel rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-library
IMAGINE A GOVERNMENT agency designed for the specific purpose of investigating and preventing the unlawful use, manufacture, and possession of firearms. Now imagine this agency engaging in an operation that not only goes against that purpose, but actually seeks to accomplish the opposite, by actively encouraging the sale of firearms to people whose ties to organized crime and gun violence are well known– and that this operation involves sending firearms across an international border into a coun ...more
Demosthenes Papaeliou
Jul 06, 2012 Demosthenes Papaeliou rated it did not like it
Katie Pavlich somehow neglects to mention that this operation started under George Bush. It's really a silly book written for the gun nut hate Obama crowd. Yes the ATF is incompetent but acting as if Obama directly supervised this is a paranoid wingnuts dream with no basis in reality. Ask what role Bush's idiot Attorney General Gonzalez played in this. Katie won't tell you that because she writes for the Faux news bubble.
Pavlich Dubiously Played Up Importance Of Holder's "Brief[ings]" On Fa
Oct 31, 2012 Shawn rated it did not like it
It is interesting that I read this blatant anti-Obama book, because I support President Obama. Sometimes I just wonder why some of my relatives think Obama is nearly supernatural evil like the devil, what's so bad about him? And this book tells one reason some haters hate him. He pretty much supports gun control. He is not in the NRA, and this author, proudly professing her credentials as working for Fox News on occasion (this alone shows she is not fair, to me. Yes! Republican readers, I am not ...more
Michael Green
Apr 26, 2012 Michael Green rated it it was amazing
Very informative read. Also very quick. I think I finished it in about 3 days.

This is some very basic information Americans need to understand just some of how their government works (or doesn't).

President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder are both on record as believing that Americans do not have a constitutional right to personal weapons. Read this book and watch how it unfolds that they used the gunwalking as a means to an end. An end you don't want.

Feb 05, 2013 D-train rated it it was amazing
Katie gives you just the facts.
Jan 01, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is a political story. Very insightful and a bit frightening how our government can be run. Katie Pavlich did a great job in her research for this book. She kept much of it based on facts in the case, but she does insert her own thoughts when it comes to the personal tragedy the family of Agent Terry has suffered. She writes that portion from her perspective having met and talked with family members. I think this is a must read for anyone from any political party of not. We should know who w ...more
Aug 19, 2012 Brian rated it liked it
Katie Pavlich writes a very good book providing critical details of the "Fast and Furious" scandal. Don't take my "3 star" rating wrong: it's not the details, the research, or the topic generally that brings it down a bit, it's just the polemical approach. This is her first book, though, and the attention to detail and passion point to a great future for this author. In fact, rating notwithstanding, this book is one of the most important pieces of non-fiction in recent years. If you have an opin ...more
Jul 27, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Katie's book leaves no doubt that the Oblunder Administration, as far up at the levels of AG Holder and Janet Napolitano knew and participated in the scandal, and also the cover-up. She lists numerous sources and it is a very interesting read. I came away thinking that the Oblunder Administration purposefully orchestrated and manipulated the 'Fast and Furious' scandal to try and use it to raise issue on the Second Amendment. One of my most favorite books of 2012. An eye opener.
Apr 23, 2012 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
more typical left wing radical crap. obama govt coerced/threatened american gun salesman to sell to criminals. gov then blamed crime in mexico on those same gun salesman. all to advance their agenda of disarming the civilian population.

very quick read. probably better to get from the library than spend the $15.
May 03, 2012 Jtfreeman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: current-events

A thorough synopsis of an absolutely outrageous scandal. I strongly recommend the book as well as giving the source materials a long look. This tragic and stunning mess requires explanations from people at the highest levels of our government. Instead, we are getting obfuscations and stonewalling.
Dec 02, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Fast and Furious campaign was initiated in October 2009 in order to "track" straw purchases of guns going to Mexican cartels while undermining current US gun restriction laws. Private gun shops in Arizona were forced to participate because it was their "duty" to help the federal government. However the US government neither informed the Mexican government of this plan nor actually tracked the guns. Statements made by the State Department, the Justice Department and the Mexican President indicate ...more
Anthony Giordano
Aug 17, 2014 Anthony Giordano rated it liked it
Katie Pavlich's scathing work on the Fast and Furious debacle will not do anything to sway positions regarding it. If you are a supporter of this administration and believe anger over F&F is part of a greater partisan witch hunt, then you'll see this as false, shameless drivel.
If you despise the arrogant flippancy of the administration, and are angered by the clusterfluff that is F&F, then this book is preaching to your choir.
I am usually in that choir. I wanted to give this book 5 star
Rick Rad
May 04, 2012 Rick Rad rated it liked it
The facts in this scandal speak for themselves. I think I would have liked this book a whole lot more if the author would have refrained from making the conclusions from those facts in the same sentences she stated those facts. She should have left that for a chapter or two at the end.
Joseph Jaramillo
If you think the White House security leaks are troubling, read this trail of blood that leads to the White house. If for no other reason this shameless coverup should be enough to get the foxes out of the hen house in November.
Karen Craig o'rangers
Mar 16, 2014 Karen Craig o'rangers rated it really liked it
Very well researched account of a scarcely covered topic. I look forward to the day when those involved are actually held accountable and prosecuted for these crimes. A quick read jam packed with factual data. Well done.
Jun 23, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
This book was both informative and disturbing. I thought it was well researched and well documented and I hope that the country is able to get to the bottom of it.
Patrick Quillen
Jul 15, 2012 Patrick Quillen rated it it was amazing

Eye opener to the lengths people will go to maintain their power and position. A must read for the election year!!!
Feb 06, 2013 Matt rated it really liked it
It was an eye opening look into what is going on at the ATF & the DOJ.
Jean Barry
Jul 31, 2012 Jean Barry rated it really liked it
Whole lotta people need to be in jail.
Chris Ross
A very good book that is short, fast & easy to read, and damning toward the Obama Administration, Attorney General Eric Holder, former Homeland Security Agency Head Janet Napolitano, and many, many others that have blood on their hands and are accomplices to the murder of two U.S. Federal Agents!

Eric Holder should be impeached for perjury immediately and should be removed from office though he won't be because he reports to President Obama who should also be impeached for secretly devising a
Feb 19, 2013 Robert rated it did not like it
A blogger review of the book can be found here:

Point 1: I will succinctly point out that this book is poor reporting full of excessive confirmation bias, paranoia, and what must be outright misrepresentation. The book lacks journalistic integrity. It is worthless as a read because one would have to independently double check even the most clearly stated "facts."

One clear and humorous example, when one uses a footnote to lend false credibility to a point an
Jan 19, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, political
I consider myself morally conservative but often liberal on political issues. That being said, I wanted to read this to be informed, and knowing that the writing could be biased. However, I felt Katie Pavlich's strict use of actual emails, memos, recorded phone calls, etc., and other public information, like Holder's changing his testimony multiple times, very persuasive. Definitely worth reading, and especially interesting in regards to gun rights and the 2nd amendment.
Great books
Jul 08, 2015 Great books rated it it was amazing
A book about a movie with lots of action and a lot of blood, cars and sexy girls. I can say that the stories of the films have nothing to do with what we consider this great book, with many references to the true story of Dominic Toretto, Bryan Occoner and many, many personaes over the series of fast and furious.
John Magee
Jul 21, 2014 John Magee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impeach Obama, incarcerate Holder

Impeach Obama, incarcerate Holder

This is a quick interesting read that fills in the gaps of the news sound bytes that I get between my work life and family life. Bravo to Miss Pavlich. I'll be trying to squeeze in more of her books and appearances.
Fredrick Danysh
Apr 13, 2014 Fredrick Danysh rated it really liked it
Shelves: political, history
The author, a retired ATF agent, examines and condemns the anti-gun policies of President Obama and his administration. She concentrates on a gun sting operation run by the Justice Department (Fast and Furious) which channeled guns to Mexican drug cartels and resulted in the death of Border Patrol Agent Terry Brooks. A good read that reveals the disregard for the American Constitution by the president and his appointees.
Oct 06, 2015 Julia rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. It was very interesting and informative. A very quick read that provided me with so much information. This book made me incredibly mad at the lack of responsibility that was shown and someone definitely needs to face the consequences.
Jul 17, 2012 Brent rated it liked it
While some main stream news stories have covered the Fast and Furious scandal superficially, this book delves fairly deep into the circumstances and personalities engaged in questionable actions by the ATF and Phoenix DOJ office. The thrust of the author's thesis is that there was a coordinated effort by members of the Obama administration to arm Mexican drug cartels in an attempt to strengthen US gun registration requirements due to the inevitable blowback when the guns were ultimately tracked ...more
Mar 02, 2016 Jeff rated it liked it
While this book was very informative, I get bummed out when things turn into slander of a current administration. I understand many presidents do things wrong and some are absolutely atrocious, like this operation, but I can feel in myself an anger and disdain toward my president. I'm not a democrat or an "Obama supporter" rather I walk with Jesus and refuse to allow bitterness in my heart. Yeah, I guess you could say books effect me haha
  • Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets
  • Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington
  • The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America
  • The Second Amendment:: Preserving the Inalienable Right of Individual Self-Protection
  • Trace Evidence: The Hunt for the I-5 Serial Killer
  • Saving Freedom: We Can Stop America's Slide into Socialism
  • The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama's War on the Republic
  • Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America's Founding Document
  • End of Days: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy
  • A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State
  • Spy: The Inside Story of How the FBI's Robert Hanssen Betrayed America
  • Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
  • Suicide Pact: The Radical Expansion of Presidential Powers and the Lethal Threat to American Liberty
  • Disinformation
  • Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
  • The Bundy Murders: A Comprehensive History
  • The Communist
  • Government Bullies: How Everyday  Americans Are Being Arrested, Abused, and Terrorized By the Feds
Katie Pavlich is the news editor for and a contributing editor to Townhall Magazine. She is the award winning author of the New York Times Best Seller Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up. As a reporter, she has covered topics ranging from White House scandals and the 2012 presidential election to the Second Amendment and border issues. As a Fo ...more
More about Katie Pavlich...