Start by marking “Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #1)

Operation Trinity (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files #1)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  3,734 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
A brand new adventure from the world of The 39 Clues!
For 500 years, the Cahills have been the most powerful family in the world. For 500 years, they've protected the source of their power - the 39 Clues. And for 500 years, they've kept their secrets silent. Until now.
This extraordinary stand-alone novel cracks open the Cahill vault to tell the story of the most coveted p
Published May 8th 2012 by Scholastic Inc. (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Operation Trinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Trinity

Melanie
Jun 24, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
My friends have always thought that it rather strange that I like to read "tween" books or some good old fantasy novels, rather than all those YA paranormal romances they're so fond of. But honestly, what would you rather read? A kickass tale of Grace Cahill saving an awesome piece of artwork from Nazis, or (yet another) novel about Mary Sue getting a makeover, discovering (yet another) magickal world full of magickal tall, dark, handsome, possibly secretly royal/rich guys with an angsty past, a ...more
Jim
Quick & not bad. I was actually impressed by the characters, not so much by the plots, though. The overall plot is kind of cool, sort of a DaVinci Code thing, but with paintings. This one is broken into 3 different sections taking place in the 1500's with one character, 1945 & 2008(?) for the others.

The main plot trope is a super important secret & massive ignorance of it. A son, the least likely, is sent off to guard, but never told anything about why, yet still takes his duty very
Angie
Aug 12, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
Doing my read-a-thon this week!! This was my first book and I read it in about 2 hours. http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.co...

Notice above in the goodreads description it says this is a stand alone novel. I disagree. I feel like you might get what's going on, but you really should'nt read this unless you have actually read the 39 Clues series. I didn't even know this book existed until I was looking through the new orders from my library and saw it. Then I found out that there are four "Cahill
Mark
Apr 03, 2014 Mark rated it it was amazing
leads on to cahills vs vespers great book :)
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
Nov 10, 2012 XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like adventure
Recommended to XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL by: Public Library
Hudson Campbell
Aug 27, 2013 Hudson Campbell rated it liked it
I can tell you right now it's not bad, but its not the best book, either.

This book has 3 stories in it, all about a family of powerful and rich people called 'Cahills.'
It skips years, so the first story is from 1549 or something like that. The kid in this story is sent away by his family to be an altar boy, to protect an altarpiece from an organisation of people called 'The Vespers.' They are trying to get ahold of the special altarpiece because they say it has clues o a secret, we don't know w
Khaili
Oct 13, 2012 Khaili rated it it was amazing
Great I love this book and all they others listen to them all
Luci
Jun 17, 2012 Luci rated it it was amazing
It was an exciting book that kept me wanting to read more!
Patty
Feb 24, 2017 Patty added it
Shelves: audio
This series gives some insight of what has happened before the 39 Clues about Grace Kayhill.
Jordan Boyer
Feb 22, 2017 Jordan Boyer rated it it was amazing
I love the 39 clues
Kevin Lin
May 06, 2013 Kevin Lin rated it liked it
The 39 Clues Cahill Files: Operation Trinity Scholastic Inc., 2012, 142 pp., $9.99
Clifford Riley ISBN 978-0-545-43143-9

Operation Trinity skips around to different events on people with the last name Cahill. They have to stop an evil organization, Vesper. According to the knowledge I gain after reading the book, the Cahill are supposed to be the protector of humanity, their main objective is to keep the Vesper from harming people and found out the real reason why they are after painting. What are
Christian
Aug 05, 2012 Christian rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
At this point the Cahill sage, I think I enjoy the inter-book novellas more than the actual series. The smaller adventures have a stronger cohesion that doesn't seem like we're going through the same actions again and again, even though that is, in essence, what we're doing.

This story follows three events surrounding the Ghent altarpiece by Van Eyck. It was an effective way to connect that particular artwork to the sage of the Cahills and the Vespers. The first event involved the iconoclastic re
Garrett
May 16, 2012 Garrett rated it really liked it
I liked how the three parts of the book spanned many years but were connected by the same piece of artwork. It's one of the reasons why I love art, knowing that when I look at something, I am connected through time and space by all the other people that have experienced the same work. It was fun to get to know Grace Cahill's character better, and Riley did a nice job of maintaining continuity with the last time we saw young Grace in Morocco however many books ago. What stunk was that there were ...more
Aayush
Sep 06, 2016 Aayush added it
Cathrine Bonham
Sep 19, 2012 Cathrine Bonham rated it liked it
The format for this book is the same as the format used in the eleventh 39 clues book Vespers Rising in which short episodes, from the far past, Grace's past, and the Present, form one story.
This is the story of the Van Eyck altarpiece. The secrets that it holds and lengths that the Vespers will go to to get it.

This has the potential to be a very interesting series expanding on the 39 clues universe and letting us get to know more of the Cahills. Sadly the rest of the books are only available as
James
Jun 29, 2016 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I enjoy these mini stories about earlier events in the 39 Clues series. This one centres around an altarpiece from a church in Ghent. Three separate incidents are described in this novel.

The first describes the first attempt by the Vespers to steal the altarpiece. The second describes Grace Cahill's travel to Europe during the end of WWII to save the altarpiece from destruction by the Nazis. The final is a recent attempt by Isabel Kabra, along with Ian & Natalie, to get to the altarpiece.

I d
Hailey Platfoot
Dec 23, 2014 Hailey Platfoot rated it really liked it
The story follows main characters Matheus Jacobs, Grace Cahill, and a rich boy named Ian as they track the art named "Lamb" to find what the secret messages lead to. I personally found this book rather enjoyable and I also think that it is rather easy to follow. What I really like about it is the fact that it is suspenseful, yet it gets to the point quickly. I would recommend this book to average skilled readers because there are three different people you follow. Clifford Riley definitely did a ...more
Josephine
Mar 07, 2015 Josephine rated it liked it
This book was fairly good, but I liked the other series better. I think often when books are split into parts that are about different people and times, each story gets focused on a little less. I don't like short stories because I think things end up seeming unrealistic and too easy for the characters. I thought that did happen at some points in the book. I didn't like the first story as much as the others, but I thought the second and third were pretty good.
Ujwals
Sep 24, 2013 Ujwals rated it liked it
This book was a background book, filling you in on information that goes along with the series (39 clues.) It follows the Cahills, and their attempts to protect and decode a painting. It jumped between three generations, each one telling a different story.

This book was average. I didn't necessarily like it too much, but was worth a read. It gave good background info, and why things were the way they were in the the main series.
Rishi G
Nov 29, 2012 Rishi G rated it liked it
I was really excited when I started reading this. I was really disappointed because from page 3 to page 43, the whole story was so boring. When the author started Grace's story, it got a little exciting but eventually it got boring again. The whole book doesn't have a story at all!! I have read his rapid fire series and I was amazed by the story in it. So I thought operation trinity would be a good book. It turned out to be bad. It's a ok book.
Alexis
Mar 09, 2014 Alexis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-borrowed-this
In a nutshell: A prequel to the 39 Clues and Cahills v. Vespers starring Grace Cahill.

Notes: Liked that this book featured Grace instead of Dan and Amy. But I felt like this book felt rushed and wasn't as exciting as the other books. It was nice, though, reading about Grace as a teenager—her in action like we've come to know Amy and Dan in action—and then a little bit more of her before her death (the start of 39 clues).
Miss Clark
Dawoud Hadi
Oct 25, 2015 Dawoud Hadi rated it it was amazing
A very nice story, but the first version was slightly better. It was a weel writer, intense and engaging story about a girl called Grace Cahill who is trying to save the alterpeice (Treasure for the Cahill family) from the vespers. This story includes intense danger and the author outline the story in a perfect way. I think Grace is a rebel because all the people tell here not to get near to the Nazis and she does the opposite.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Sep 10, 2012 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it liked it
This was a really great glimpse into 3 stories that were before and behind the scenes of the 39 Clues. One of the stories was about Grace and one of her first missions. It was really cool to read and see a part of the beginning.
If your a fan of the series I would recommend adding this to your tbr list.
2jindal_nirmit
Sep 21, 2012 2jindal_nirmit rated it really liked it
I think this book is a real secret spiller! This book lets out all of the secrets that the Cahills and Vesper families have to hide. The Catherdal is the main item in this book and it has a great significance linking to the past. If you are a person that likes secrets and ones that link to the past then I would recommend this book to you.
Richard
Dec 03, 2012 Richard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I think it was a good book, since it happened in different times, one in the 1600s, one happening in world war 2, which I liked the best, since it is about Grace Cahill sneaking into Austria to save a painting. The third one is happening in 2009, where a guy called Ian Kabra is trying to steal top secret information from one of his enemys.
Colleen
Feb 06, 2017 Colleen rated it liked it
3.5 stars. These add to the story and it was a quick read. Hopefully they get better. The stories about Grace are my favorite.
Angela Oliver
May 31, 2013 Angela Oliver rated it liked it
A short chapter book spanning three different generations of the Cahill family and following the fate of a particular painting. Fast paced and action packed, this is a good, quick read and also gives some insight into the background of Ian and Nathalie Kabra, along with their cold-blooded mother. It was also nice to see Grace playing her part.
Amy
Sep 13, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kids have read The 39 Clues books before, so when I saw this on the shelf I checked it out. I haven't read the books, but I think I'm now ready to. This gives you a History on the Cahills, and the story behind the search, and who they're fighting against.
Quick, and good.
Three stories. About how they were chosen, and why they keep searching.
Jovy
May 05, 2013 Jovy rated it liked it
At the first couple of pages I was confused but as I kept reading it all started making sense... I like the idea of the Cahill mission throughout the ages. Also, this book made Grace a human being in my eyes, she basically have the same thoughts and feelings as Amy and Dan when she was younger not like her almost godly status on the first books in the first series.
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • Nowhere to Run (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #1)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Flashpoint (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #4)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • The 39 Clues Complete Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-10)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)

The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files (5 books)
  • The Submarine Job (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #2)
  • The Redcoat Chase (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #3)
  • The Houdini Escape (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #4)
  • Silent Night (The 39 Clues: The Cahill Files, #5)

“Some spy,” Irina scoffed. “Perhaps you can post photo to Internet and ask your Bookface friends to confirm.” 0 likes