Start by marking “Equity of Evil” as Want to Read:
Equity of Evil

Equity of Evil

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A Venture Capital Fund makes a risky investment to start a challenging new business that appears capable of reaching profitability with modest capital requirements. The real challenge: optimizing one of the most frequently performed surgical procedures in the world — abortion.

Founding Partner, Roman Citrano, a successful entrepreneur turned venture capitalist, soon struggl
Published March 5th 2012 by Twilight Times Books

To ask other readers questions about Equity of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Equity of Evil

Kathleen Kelly
Apr 19, 2012 Kathleen Kelly rated it it was amazing
Equity of Evil is based on true events, which makes this novel particularly chilling. I have always been a fan of medical thrillers and I found this one to be very intriguing and informative. Lots of suspenseful twists and turns on a topic that has long been controversial. Abortion. No matter how you feel about this issue it is definitely there and won't be going away any time soon. Venture capitalist Roman Citrano, when approached with an idea for a new company with innovative ideas, is intrigu ...more
Misty Rayburn
May 17, 2012 Misty Rayburn rated it it was amazing
Roman Citrano is a successful entrepreneur who is hailed by others for chasing high risk deals. When a proposal to set up a controversial new company that offers mobile abortions is placed on his desk, he sees it as a way to get rid of seedy and life-threatening back room procedures by offering a clean, safe and dignified alternative.

However, the rabbit hole runs deeper than that and he soon finds himself in an unfolding world of deceit, rape, human trafficking and assassination. One that become
Gerry
Jun 07, 2012 Gerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews

Anyone choosing to read a novel pitting Pro-Life against Pro-Choice should be prepared for an emotional thumping, even if the author skillfully avoids taking sides, as is the case here. However, Equity of Evil goes beyond the volatile abortion topic, into the dark black-market world of human organ trafficking and murder in an international setting. This is no imagined tale, but one supported by facts. Nor is the growing of human organs all that different from hydroponic farming. Throw in interna
Steve
Feb 12, 2012 Steve rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2012
I've been privileged to read a pre-release ePub copy of Rudy's debut novel, and a privilege it has been.

Be prepared for some of your values to be challenged - just like real life. The start of the novel carefully puts together the backdrops and characters that take a life of their own as the plot takes off - around the world, full of action, and with things not always what they may seem.

This is hard book to write about without offering up spoilers that would reduce the experience for another rea
Deborah
The Dame's Take On The Novel: This is a novel extremely well-written and burning with intrigue. The medical aspects, though quite detailed at times are absorbing and visceral. I was reminded of several other medical thrillers in the opening pages- -many of which are known today as best sellers in the industry. The business dealings behind the medical scenes were fascinating. Rudy Mazzocchi is destined to be a recognized name in publishing. His book is very good. You'll be knocked back in your ch ...more
Robert Hoxie
May 18, 2012 Robert Hoxie rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read. This is an intriguing and insightful book from the lab to the boardroom. This should be a must read in every medical ethics class.
Lenore Webb
Apr 28, 2012 Lenore Webb rated it really liked it
It seems that we are focusing more and more on how the medical and scientific field are advancing. I am sure there has always been those who wonder if we are going too fast. And others that feel that the breaks are not coming soon enough. So where is that perfect balance. Well like Lady Justice wearing her blindfold, the scales never stay at an even keel.

I know that I am always weary of new medications. I want to be sure they have been tested and the long term results are known. At the same tim
Wisconsin Reader
Jul 30, 2012 Wisconsin Reader rated it it was amazing
Incredible story that I had to read for a second time. I was so deeply engaged in the technology and medical aspects of this novel that I wanted to go back and re-read for a better appreciation of the characters. Amazing story that left me with the same feelings I had after reading "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". A must read!
Gmaree
Mar 09, 2012 Gmaree rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably suspenseful! What makes it scarier is that this is based on true events. I've never read a novel like this before and have now become a big fan of medical thrillers. It's something everyone can relate to and makes you think about how you would react if something like this happened to you! This would make a terrific movie!
Diana
May 02, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
Wow! It's hard to believe this is a first novel for Rudy Mazzocchi. What an intriguing medical suspense novel. Watch out Robin Cook, Tess Gerritsen, and James Rollins. If your looking for a book to generate discussion at your next book club, this is the book for you. However, make sure your group can handle the topic.
As a person who reads voraciously, I'm in constant search of new authors. Besides beginning a medical suspense, it's a bit of a Sci-FI based on some actual factual new technology. M
Flightreader
Dec 22, 2012 Flightreader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than just a medical thriller, Equity of Evil is a suspenseful story about highly controversial medical science that will shake up how you think about several moral and ethical issues. It also provides unbelievable and scary insights into the business and venture capital side of our healthcare system. This is a must read for anyone interested in business, science, healthcare, and/or how our government impacts and controls matters associated with our own bodies. The author pulls from true eve ...more
Rudy A. Mazzocchi
Aug 24, 2012 Rudy A. Mazzocchi rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A politically compelling, suspenseful and reality-cutting Medical Thriller that will challenge the reader’s personal views on capitalism, ethics, and the basic morality of his fellow man. This globe-trotting thriller will drag you through a dark and brutal new world where human life becomes the equity of evil.
Neil Gilbert
May 30, 2012 Neil Gilbert rated it did not like it
I was searching through highly rated books Amazon to find something to read and found this one. It shouldn't be highly rated. It follows a questionable plot line, and deals with subject matter that makes you wince. The mystery crime syndicate is a run of the mill organization that commits heinous crimes anonymously and is too mysterious for the author to explain. The characters are plastic and their actions are not believable. The ending of the book was quite ridiculous. That might make it sound ...more
Rudy A. Mazzocchi
Mar 17, 2013 Rudy A. Mazzocchi rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"EQUITY of EVIL is a shocking indictment of the pernicious role of greed in the medical world. A powerful read!"
— Robin Cook, International Best-Selling Author

“EQUITY of EVIL by Rudy A. Mazzocchi, a new Medical Thriller, is one of the most politically compelling, suspenseful and reality-cutting literary works of our time, with a writing style elevated beyond mainstream fiction.”
- FSB Associates
Divya Krishna

Scary topic ! However the book lacked details in writing I don't know how it got 5 star ratings . Stuff just happens here , pieces fall into place !! Hate books like that! The writer , it seems, didn't research enough about the issue at hand or the local settings etc.
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Tonya Tack
Tonya Tack marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Carlos Silva
Carlos Silva rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Anne Smith
Anne Smith rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Robert Shepherd
Robert Shepherd rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Brian Peterson
Brian Peterson rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Faizan
Faizan marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Peter Ritt
Peter Ritt marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Rochelle Scali
Rochelle Scali marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Andrea Ross
Andrea Ross rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Lida Quillen
Lida Quillen rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Entrepreneur turned Award-winning Author 1 3 Oct 25, 2012 02:03PM
EQUITY of EVIL - eBOOK of the Day on Kindle Nation 1 2 Jul 04, 2012 10:41PM
Pump Up Your Book: Q&A with Rudy Mazzochi, author of EQUITY OF EVIL 42 26 Mar 13, 2012 03:52AM
Rudy is best known as a medical device and biotechnology entrepreneur, inventor, and angel investor, with a history of starting new technology ventures throughout the U.S. and Europe. He’s been privileged to have the opportunity to see the newest innovations in healthcare and work with some of the most brilliant researchers, scientists and physicians in the industry.

Authoring more than 50 patents,
More about Rudy Mazzocchi...