Start by marking “Cowboy Lust” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Lust

Cowboy Lust (Cowboy Lust #1-4)

There's a reason Western romance novels never go out of fashion. The cowboy is an iconic figure embodying the dichotomy of the fiercely independent, earthy alpha male juxtaposed with the male as a nurturer and protector. Cowboys take care of their women in every possible way. Wild and wayward women are gentled by the scent of horse and cow and the sight of sun-kissed skin, ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Cleis Press

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Lust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Lust

Mary
Apr 16, 2013 Mary rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, read-2013
Well, I grew up in Montana and I'm pretty sure I've never met a cowboy like these. The ones I knew wore their wranglers so tight they cut off the circulation to their brains and then said things like, "Honey, this would make a good head rest" while pointing to their shiny, oversized belt buckles. I think I prefer the Cowboy Lust version, artificial though it may be.
Anna
Mar 28, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
I was given this book as a tongue in cheek present by someone who knows how much I detest (North American) Cowboy culture by and large. Disclaimer here: of course there are good and bad apples in every culture, I'm sure there are some genuinely nice cowboys out there but in general the whole thing is too brutal, misogynist and alpha male for me. That out of the way, 3-stars is actually a fairly good rating if you think of it.
As practically always I loved Cheyenne Blue's contribution (my writer's
Jesse Jones
Jul 23, 2012 Jesse Jones rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the salty stories in this collection and was reminded why I enjoy the cowboy fantasy so! I particularly enjoyed "Some Like it Dirty" - sexy guy, lots of lust, and a surprise element.
The Romance Evangelist
Aug 08, 2012 The Romance Evangelist rated it really liked it
*This book was provided to the reviewer by the author in exchange for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

Thanks to the Rough Riders and Blacktop Cowboys books by Lorelei James, I’ve discovered that there’s more to erotic western romances than just the usual ropin’ and ridin’, so I was excited about having the opportunity to review the “Cowboy Lust” anthology. The fact that Lorelei James herself has contributed the Foreword was an extra special bonus for me. In her foreword, James o
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Nov 14, 2012 CoffeeTimeRomance andMore rated it really liked it
Riding Double

Ranching is not Danica Connor’s full-time occupation, so never turns down any help.

The flirting and romancing has been fun. Now Jack Benton is ready for more, but not quite for what Danica has in mind.

Danica wants to shake things up with Jack. Inviting her identical twin sister to join in the fun sounds like a good idea at first, only Jack has other ideas.

Jack is most certainly not what you would expect, but he is everything you could hope for.

Under the Southern Cross

Thousands of mi
Romancing the Book
Mar 15, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Nichelle
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Riding Double by Cari Quin
This short story packed a wallop. I loved it. What happens when two sisters who are twins plan to seduce a cowboy? Absolute sexy mayhem is what happens. The author in eight pages delivered such a hot story with a great surprise. I can’t really give too much about the story as it’s so short that it would contain spoilers. What I can say is that the characters were b
Kristabel Reed
Aug 22, 2012 Kristabel Reed rated it really liked it
Riding Double: Not the author's fault I had contemporary-shock when I started this one. I'm so used to historicals that the modern dialogue threw me. That aside, I found the first scene confusing between the sisters, Danica and Colleen--I'm positive the scene was in Danica's view, but the tags and internal thoughts didn't always flow that way. All in all, not a bad introduction to the anthology. 4 stars

Under the Southern Cross: It's the accent. No, I didn't listen to this story, but in my head I
Annabeth Leong
Jan 01, 2013 Annabeth Leong rated it liked it
This collection reminded me of the kind of place that gets good after 11 p.m. The deeper I got into the book, the darker and more interesting the stories became. The last three stories, "Raney's Last Ride" by Chaparrita, "The Runaway Bride" by Delilah Devlin (the editor), and "She Don't Stay the Night" by Anna Meadows seemed like they came from a different, more mysterious book. They were less white, less safe, and included edgier sex and more flavor.

I enjoyed other unusual stories in the colle
Pat
Aug 01, 2013 Pat rated it liked it
As a reader, what do you expect from a book subtitled “Erotic Romance for Women”? I expected erotica, especially after reading Lorelei James’ foreword that the stories would take “elements of a traditional western and adding in erotic romance.” My reaction was what fun. Imagine my disappointment when the element missing from most of the stories in this anthology is the erotic one.

Okay, granted one person’s erotic moment might be another’s ho-hum. But I think we all agree that at its core erotica
Karen
Aug 12, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
This a great concept of a book about cowboys and the women that love them. I had a hard time getting into the stories though. The erotic scenes in this book had the volume turned way down. I had to double check but yes this is the same author that gave us Girls that Bite one of my absolute favorite erotic compilations. I expected so much more, too much maybe.
I don’t live in the “deep south” and I may just be missing something about the lifestyle of cowboys. With the exception of a few stories I
Cheyenne Blue
Feb 18, 2012 Cheyenne Blue rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer: My story "Under the Southern Cross" is included in this anthology.

A fantastic collection of stories put together by Delilah Devlin. For such a narrow theme, there's an amazing amount of diversity in the stories, not only in the locations but in the writing styles and approach to the overarching theme of cowboy lust.

There wasn't a story in this anthology that I didn't like, although if I'm to pick favorites then I'll bookend with the snappy easy reading of "Riding Double" by Cari Quin
Charlene
Sep 10, 2012 Charlene rated it liked it
I liked this book. I really enjoyed the hot cowboys and most of the stories were entertaining. I don't have anything specific I disliked I think I was just in the mood to get into a book and couldn't really engage with such short stories. I would recommend the book to other though.
Kim
May 28, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tired

It started good but after reading one novella after another they got monotonous and tired. When I got to Raney's Last Ride I was so disgusted with the story that I just couldn't finish.
Ninja
Aug 12, 2013 Ninja rated it it was amazing
Love those cowboys!
Simone
Jun 14, 2015 Simone rated it liked it
Jane
Feb 01, 2016 Jane rated it it was ok
Short stories didn't hold my attention. A couple were good, the rest not so much.
Leah
Oct 26, 2013 Leah rated it liked it
Shelves: blogged
I never know how to rate collections of short stories. There were a few that were really good, but some that were really not.
Sherry Vitaniemi

Nothing like a.hot cowboy. Everyone of these are well worth it. All have hearts of gold and well worth the heart ache to have as well.
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Coco_Chanel
Coco_Chanel rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Cindylou1380
Cindylou1380 rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2014
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Susan Parks
Susan Parks rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Cary
Cary rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Ramonalp
Ramonalp rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Elizabette Remon
Elizabette Remon rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Valentine Cowboys
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #1)
  • Duty and Desire
  • Tempted By A Cowboy
  • Three's Company
  • Beginnings: Babe in the Woods
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 1
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Texas Tango (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #2)
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more
More about Delilah Devlin...

Cowboy Lust (4 books)
  • Ein Cowboy für zwei (Cowboy Lust #1)
  • Cowboy Lust (Cowboy Lust #2)
  • Cowboy Spiele (Cowboy Lust #3)
  • Nimm mich, Cowboy (Cowboy Lust #4)