Start by marking “Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie” as Want to Read:
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Imagine adopting a dog to find out that he doesn’t give smoochies, kisses, lickies-nothing. Well, one family adopted a brother and sister pair of Dachshunds to find out just that; little Lucci (pronounced-loochy) was a no smoochie Poochie! Smile and giggle reading how this family, along with 2 other rather unique resident pups, tries everything to the point of exhaustion a...more
24 pages
Published January 8th 2012 by Amazon.com (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

M.G. Wells
LUCCI THE NO SMOOCHIE POOCHIE by Donna L. Sadd is a sweet rhyming book. I've adopted many dogs over the years that have been battered and abused, so I could relate to the positive message the author shares.

LUCCI has a hard time accepting affection, and the loving adoptive family persists in showing LUCCI kindness. The illustrations are humorous, and the way a child would draw. Overall, a great story with a fantastic message.

I enjoyed LUCCI THE NO SMOOCHIE POOCHIE and highly recommend this sweet...more
Mysti Parker
My 7 year-old daughter Zoe says her favorite thing about this book is that Lucci is kind of like her with not wanting smoochies, plus there's a co-starring dog named Zoe! This story is right up her alley.

Donna L. Sadd's sweet picture book is perfect for little ones to read either in print or on Kindle. It looks great on my Kindle fire. Zoe's reading it out loud for the 2nd time, in fact, beside me as I type.

If you have a little reader, whether they like smoochies or not, pick up a copy of this...more
Sandy Appleyard
My children loved Lucci; especially the title. Both of them laughed when they heard it! They thought it was funny how the book rhymed all the way through, and the pictures were pretty funny, too. Well done!
Kim
A short rhyming story that's so sweet.. I knew Lucci would be a smoochie with all the love she was given. Nice little story Donna.
Melanie Adkins
*Children's*

Lucci is a dog who enjoys all of the other things dogs do, belly rubs, scratching behind the ears, running, playing. He doesn't enjoy one thing most dogs do though... smooches. The family tries everything but Lucci won't give in.

This is a delightful story and perfect for younger children. The rhyming of it will help the story stick once it's finished. I'm positive this will become a favorite of your children too. We all loved it here! Our older dog, Buddy, was a lot like Lucci. Ma...more
Paul
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie is about a dog named Lucci who won't give any smoochies away. I really enjoyed the rhyming and the pictures that looked like something an elementary student would draw. It was very entertaining. This is a great book to read with young children or anybody who enjoys a cute picture book.

I received this book through a Goodreads first reads giveaway.
Jenn
This was a Firstreads win.

Lucci- The No Smoochie Poochie was a cute children's book with an adorable storyline. I thought the pencil-drawn illustrations were cute, but not as attention grabbing as my daughter is used to. The story is funny and we think Lucci seems adorable.
Steph
I especially enjoyed this book because my little Chihuahua is very reluctant to give me kisses as well. This is a very cute story that shows how frustrating (and interesting) it can be when your pet does not seem to return your affection.
Renee Pinkston
This was such a cute children's book! I won this from GoodReads, First Reads and read it today. I can't wait to share this story with my niece. She loves to read and anything that has to do with puppies!
Grampy
“Lucci – The No Smoochie Poochie” by Donna L. Sadd is a short rhyming story written specifically as a gift to her three nieces and one nephew. The story is a tale about one particular dog they adopted who did not give “kisses” like the other dogs did.

There was Dillon the Bassett hound who would give “ear nibble smoochies” or “nippies” in exchange for an ear rub. Next came CoCo Bellini, a slightly overweight male dachshund, who loved giving smooches, and would do so all day long if he could. The...more
Stacie
Lucci - The No Smoochie Poochie by Donna L. Sadd is a charming story of a sweet little dog named Lucci and the family that loves her.

The family adopted Lucci and showered him with love and affection, but Lucci refused to give them any smoochies. They fed him and cuddled and played with him, but when it was time for kisses Lucci would run away. Perplexed the family doesn't know what to do so they decide to do nothing. No more smoochies for Lucci. Will Lucci miss all the attention from her family...more
Kayla Eklund
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie is an adorable children's story. It's about a dog that won't cuddle or love on anyone. The author describes all the different dogs pretty well. The illustrations look like a child drew them, and left a lot to be desired. The name "Lucci" was always written on the dog, even when you could obviously tell it was Lucci. The book doesn't really have much of a moral lesson, which I always look for in children's books. The only lesson I could possibly see it giving is if y...more
Deb
I read this with my teenage daughter...we both appreciate a good picture book still:) The drawings are sweet, childlike and simple...and the best part of the story. I love doxies and found some of the story charming but the overall feel was a little off to me. I will give the book a go with some of our young friends and family members, and update with their reactions.
E.M. Tippetts
Very sweet poem about a dog who doesn't give smoochies until the family shows him months and months of love. The illustrations are in the style of children's drawings, with some collages of the author's nieces and nephews photos. The overall feel is of a family keepsake that the author has shared; my boys really enjoyed this as a bedtime read.
Penny Watson
This is a super cute quickie story about a dachshund who is stingy with kisses (until the HEA, of course!...hee hee). It's free right now on Amazon for prime members (Kindle version) and it is also available in print on the author's website. There are some adorable illustrations of her family members and their cutie pie doxies. Loved it!
Heather
cute little story, kids will love it especially if they have a peaky family member always trying to steal kisses from them. the art work was pencil drawings, which were good but the added real pictures collated in made it seem like a cheesy book that should have just stayed a family keepsake
Ariale
I read this book to my children, they enjoyed the book and the illustrations. I did feel like there was to much white on the pages. I would recommend this book, but if i saw it in a book store I probably wouldn't look twice.
Aria
This is a sweetly cute children's story, written in verse, that is sure to delight your little ones.
Lisa
Jul 17, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope I win this! I love dachshunds so much!
Fjóla
Fjóla added it
Aug 22, 2014
Ideasnatchers
Ideasnatchers marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Madelyn
Madelyn marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Bomkazi
Bomkazi marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Malika Bourne
Malika Bourne marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I’m Donna Louise Sadd. Originally from New York, I spent 16 years in S. Florida and now have five years under my belt living out in the woods in beautiful Central Texas Hill Country.

I was a copywriter and moved up to assistant to the president of a New York advertising agency, then went on to market my small businesses and those of others using well-crafted words.

Words have been my life. That’s wh...more
More about Donna L. Sadd...
Lucci-The No Smoochie Poochie Seeing Past Sickness