Start by marking “Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie” as Want to Read:
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
Imagine adopting a dog to find out that he doesn’t give smoochies, kisses, lickies-nothing. Well, one family adopted a brother and sister pair of Dachshunds to find out just that; little Lucci (pronounced-loochy) was a no smoochie Poochie! Smile and giggle reading how this family, along with 2 other rather unique resident pups, tries everything to the point of exhaustion ...more
24 pages
Published January 8th 2012 by Amazon.com (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie

M.G. Wells
LUCCI THE NO SMOOCHIE POOCHIE by Donna L. Sadd is a sweet rhyming book. I've adopted many dogs over the years that have been battered and abused, so I could relate to the positive message the author shares.

LUCCI has a hard time accepting affection, and the loving adoptive family persists in showing LUCCI kindness. The illustrations are humorous, and the way a child would draw. Overall, a great story with a fantastic message.

I enjoyed LUCCI THE NO SMOOCHIE POOCHIE and highly recommend this sweet
Mysti Parker
Sep 07, 2012 Mysti Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 7 year-old daughter Zoe says her favorite thing about this book is that Lucci is kind of like her with not wanting smoochies, plus there's a co-starring dog named Zoe! This story is right up her alley.

Donna L. Sadd's sweet picture book is perfect for little ones to read either in print or on Kindle. It looks great on my Kindle fire. Zoe's reading it out loud for the 2nd time, in fact, beside me as I type.

If you have a little reader, whether they like smoochies or not, pick up a copy of this
Sandy Appleyard
Sep 28, 2012 Sandy Appleyard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My children loved Lucci; especially the title. Both of them laughed when they heard it! They thought it was funny how the book rhymed all the way through, and the pictures were pretty funny, too. Well done!
Kim
Sep 12, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short rhyming story that's so sweet.. I knew Lucci would be a smoochie with all the love she was given. Nice little story Donna.
Melanie Adkins
May 20, 2012 Melanie Adkins rated it it was amazing
*Children's*

Lucci is a dog who enjoys all of the other things dogs do, belly rubs, scratching behind the ears, running, playing. He doesn't enjoy one thing most dogs do though... smooches. The family tries everything but Lucci won't give in.

This is a delightful story and perfect for younger children. The rhyming of it will help the story stick once it's finished. I'm positive this will become a favorite of your children too. We all loved it here! Our older dog, Buddy, was a lot like Lucci. Ma
Paul
Aug 13, 2012 Paul rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie is about a dog named Lucci who won't give any smoochies away. I really enjoyed the rhyming and the pictures that looked like something an elementary student would draw. It was very entertaining. This is a great book to read with young children or anybody who enjoys a cute picture book.

I received this book through a Goodreads first reads giveaway.
Steph
Mar 18, 2012 Steph rated it it was amazing
I especially enjoyed this book because my little Chihuahua is very reluctant to give me kisses as well. This is a very cute story that shows how frustrating (and interesting) it can be when your pet does not seem to return your affection.
Jenn
Jul 30, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, firstreads
This was a Firstreads win.

Lucci- The No Smoochie Poochie was a cute children's book with an adorable storyline. I thought the pencil-drawn illustrations were cute, but not as attention grabbing as my daughter is used to. The story is funny and we think Lucci seems adorable.
Renee Pinkston
Jul 31, 2012 Renee Pinkston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute children's book! I won this from GoodReads, First Reads and read it today. I can't wait to share this story with my niece. She loves to read and anything that has to do with puppies!
Magicdove cunha
Aug 02, 2012 Magicdove cunha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cute,well liked
Grampy
Oct 20, 2012 Grampy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Lucci – The No Smoochie Poochie” by Donna L. Sadd is a short rhyming story written specifically as a gift to her three nieces and one nephew. The story is a tale about one particular dog they adopted who did not give “kisses” like the other dogs did.

There was Dillon the Bassett hound who would give “ear nibble smoochies” or “nippies” in exchange for an ear rub. Next came CoCo Bellini, a slightly overweight male dachshund, who loved giving smooches, and would do so all day long if he could. The
Kayla Eklund
Lucci The No Smoochie Poochie is an adorable children's story. It's about a dog that won't cuddle or love on anyone. The author describes all the different dogs pretty well. The illustrations look like a child drew them, and left a lot to be desired. The name "Lucci" was always written on the dog, even when you could obviously tell it was Lucci. The book doesn't really have much of a moral lesson, which I always look for in children's books. The only lesson I could possibly see it giving is if ...more
Stacie
Jul 26, 2012 Stacie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Lucci - The No Smoochie Poochie by Donna L. Sadd is a charming story of a sweet little dog named Lucci and the family that loves her.

The family adopted Lucci and showered him with love and affection, but Lucci refused to give them any smoochies. They fed him and cuddled and played with him, but when it was time for kisses Lucci would run away. Perplexed the family doesn't know what to do so they decide to do nothing. No more smoochies for Lucci. Will Lucci miss all the attention from her family
Penny Watson
Mar 20, 2012 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cool-dogs
This is a super cute quickie story about a dachshund who is stingy with kisses (until the HEA, of course!...hee hee). It's free right now on Amazon for prime members (Kindle version) and it is also available in print on the author's website. There are some adorable illustrations of her family members and their cutie pie doxies. Loved it!
Deb
Jul 30, 2012 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my teenage daughter...we both appreciate a good picture book still:) The drawings are sweet, childlike and simple...and the best part of the story. I love doxies and found some of the story charming but the overall feel was a little off to me. I will give the book a go with some of our young friends and family members, and update with their reactions.
E.M. Tippetts
Jan 28, 2012 E.M. Tippetts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
Very sweet poem about a dog who doesn't give smoochies until the family shows him months and months of love. The illustrations are in the style of children's drawings, with some collages of the author's nieces and nephews photos. The overall feel is of a family keepsake that the author has shared; my boys really enjoyed this as a bedtime read.
Ariale
Aug 01, 2012 Ariale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I read this book to my children, they enjoyed the book and the illustrations. I did feel like there was to much white on the pages. I would recommend this book, but if i saw it in a book store I probably wouldn't look twice.
Heather
Mar 19, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok
cute little story, kids will love it especially if they have a peaky family member always trying to steal kisses from them. the art work was pencil drawings, which were good but the added real pictures collated in made it seem like a cheesy book that should have just stayed a family keepsake
Aria
This is a sweetly cute children's story, written in verse, that is sure to delight your little ones.
Csimplot
Csimplot rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2014
Nimboo
Nimboo rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Josephine Jimenez
Josephine Jimenez rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Lisa Mandina
I hope I win this! I love dachshunds so much!
Kelsie
Kelsie rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Donna Sadd
Jan 28, 2012 Donna Sadd added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2012
Sandy Hunter
Sandy Hunter marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Stacy Robinson
Stacy Robinson marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 23, 2012
Ramin Ayers
Ramin Ayers marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Dihmar
Dihmar marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Jun 20, 2012
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Megan Abbatelli
Megan Abbatelli marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2012
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2012
Jul 14, 2012
Aalabamadill
Aalabamadill marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012
I’m Donna Louise Sadd. Originally from New York, I spent 16 years in S. Florida and now have five years under my belt living out in the woods in beautiful Central Texas Hill Country.

I was a copywriter and moved up to assistant to the president of a New York advertising agency, then went on to market my small businesses and those of others using well-crafted words.

Words have been my life. That’s wh
More about Donna L. Sadd...