Immortal Valentine

Immortal Valentine

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  17 reviews
After a heart-pounding brush with danger on Valentine's Day, Caleb runs into a handsome stranger and decides to roll the dice on a one-night-stand. Things don't work out the way anyone intended when Caleb gets sick. He wakes up alone the next day, extremely confused and utterly embarrassed.

Angelo is an insomniac vampire who leads a solitary existence. Once a year he comes...more
ebook
Published February 12th 2012 by Amber Allure (first published February 11th 2012)

Mary
Angelo is the kind of vampire you dream of meeting, gorgeous, kind, funny, smart and absolutely sex on two legs. Caleb is sort of a klutz, cute and sweet but underneath that beats a man with some power in him too and definite heat. When they come together... but then there's twists that are funny and show Angelo's gentleness and the fact that Caleb worries that the vampire should be sleeping more. It's those pieces that made this fun as well as hot. I loved the two of them together and have re-r...more
T.A. Webb
Caleb should really pay better attention to where he was going. It's understandable he was distracted - it was Valentine's Day, and the one year anniversary of when his ex made love with him then decided to break things off. So for him to get a little lost in his head, completely understandable. Only, it put him in danger and walking in front of a car.

So when he ducks into an alleyway to catch his breath, the last thing he expects to hear is a wonderfully sexy voice asking him if he's okay.

Ange...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I kind of have a thing for vampires. It's worsened since the powers that be cast Alexander Skarsgård in True Blood. Thankfully, this novella didn't wend up taking a hard left into whatthefucksville like a certain previously mentioned HBO series.

Jenre
Caleb is a lonely guy who isn’t looking forward to Valentine’s Day alone. He bumps into a stranger who asks him out for a meal and since Caleb’s got nothing better to do, he agrees. Angelo is equally lonely and spends each Valentine’s Day picking up a random stranger, wining and dining him before using the cover of a one night stand in order to feed from him. A bout of food poisoning throws Angelo out of his routine and instead of sex and feeding he finds himself talking to Caleb and getting to...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
4 1/2 stars!

Pretty soon I’m going to have to stop saying I don’t like vampire stories. I’ve read several great ones recently, including Ellis Carrington’s IMMORTAL VAMPIRE. I think it’s not so much I’m starting to love vamps, although that is a possibility, but it is more likely that I’ve chosen books based on authors whose writing style I like.
Ms. Carrington crafts a romance such that it doesn’t matter whether the couple is gay or straight, paranormal or well… normal, however you define “normal...more
Gabbi
Immortal Valentine is the first book I’ve read by Ellis Carrington and it definitely won’t be my last. Over the years, I’ve read a lot of Paranormal/Vampire themed romances, and I have to admit that Caleb and Angelo’s story had a fresh and interesting spin on a well-loved theme. I was immediately swept up into the lives of these two unique and interesting characters and read the book from start to finish in one setting.

Caleb thought it was going to be another lonely Valentine’s Day. Prepared to...more
L-D
3.5 stars.

I quite enjoyed this short story. Caleb runs into a stranger on Valentine's day and ends up joining him for dinner. Little does Caleb know that Angelo is a vampire and he hunts for a blood donor once a year on Valentine's Day. This year Caleb is the lucky man. Angelo typically enjoys the evening, make sure his "date" has a good time, and then wipes his memory of Angelo. When Caleb gets sick however, Angelo risks everything.

This was sweet and it had an interesting twist at the end. This...more
Pati
I won this in a giveaway but that in no affects my opinion on this book. I really liked both Caleb and Angelo, they had so much in common and truly seemed made for eachother. If there was one thing that I would change though would be the way & place that Angelo left Caleb that morning. It just didn't jibe with Angelo's caring personality. I would also have liked it to be longer, it would've been wonderful to have seen more of their time together. Thank Ellis, for giving us such a sweet love...more
Angel
I absolutely loved this book! I think the author does a great job at describing Angelo's feelings when he becomes conflicted over Caleb. I love the fact that Caleb doesn't get freaked and run away at certain times, I know some people aren't much for these type of characters but I loved it! I would definitely reccomend this book if you like short Vampire romances without a lot of angst! For me there was just enough!
Prism Book Alliance
~ Review by Optimist ♰King’s Wench♰

This is my second experience with this author. She has raw talent and good ideas. Immortal Valentine is longer than Yes, Sir, the first thing I read, which allowed for more character development, better plot development, and a good plot twist. So, why only 3 stars then? I’m not quite sure. It’s good but missing something. Tension maybe? I was thoroughly enjoying it and thinking 4 stars up until about the halfway mark.

The relationship is almost entirely develop...more
Emily

A cute little read. The only complaint was that I was expecting more of a story and less sex. I don't mind sex in books, so long as it doesn't become the main focus (unless it says so in the blurb, i.e. erotica), which it did in this story (which I was not expecting). Still a good read though.
Jayhjay
This review was originally published on my blog Joyfully Jay.

After almost being hit by a truck in the street, Caleb runs into a handsome stranger on his way home from work on Valentine's Day. Caught up in the adrenaline rush, Caleb takes the leap of accepting the stranger's invitation to dinner. Caleb is immediately attracted to the man; in fact, the two don't even make it to dinner before making out behind a museum. After dinner, the man (Angelo) invites Caleb up to his fancy hotel room for a n...more
Kukko
Main Characters: Angelo Virabian & Caleb ?
Key Themes: Grief, H/C
Location: Washington DC

2.5 STARS

MM romance featuring an ancient vampire (Angelo) and an IT guy (Caleb).

Caleb is an average-looking nerd who he can’t believe his luck when he attracts the attention of the gorgeous and wealthy Angelo.

Angelo is apparently the last vampire alive….at least so he thinks!

This is the story of how Angelo’s annual Valentines Day feast on human blood, turns into a love connection.

The story didn’t work fo...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5-4
Nice story about Caleb, the human and Angelo the vampire.
It was a sweet story with no real angst or too much drama. As a matter of fact Caleb was really cool with Angelo being a Vampire. My only niggel was how Angelo "left" Caleb after their night together. I just couldn't imagine Angelo wouldn't make sure Caleb got home well and safe. I know this was the reason he used to find him again later, but it just didn't seem like something Angelo would do.
Suze
Apr 02, 2014 Suze rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Suze by: Won on mantasticfiction, promo giveaway
I'd classify this as a 3.5. Its a vampire story, but Angelo is a nice vampire! He does have one scary scene but generally he is quite benign. Caleb is cute and accepting! A nice, quick, sexy read with enough of a HEA to appease.
Meggie
This story was a good romance between a vampire Angelo and human Caleb. In general it was a good enjoyable story, but somehow to boring. The writing style wasn't as smooth. Caleb and Angelo were to plain and dull.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Cat
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com

Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 06, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Weekend Captive (BDSM Erotica)
  • Ink
  • Brush with Catastrophe (The Aloysius Tales, #2)
  • Juicy Fruit
  • My Hostage My Love
  • Finally His (His, #6)
  • With a Kiss
  • Pavarus (Finding Home, #1)
  • Fourth and Long
  • What Binds Us
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Tamed by the Dom (Guilty Pleasures #3)
  • What He Wants
  • Thirst
  • Puppy Love 3: Reawakening (Puppy Love #3)
  • The Celestial
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
Ellis Carrington was born after the Christmas of 2010 when she was gifted a Kindle and discovered the gay romance category on Amazon that same day. Sometimes her heroes are human and sometimes they aren’t, because angels and vampires deserve love too. Her favorite things are great friends, great music, and books that make her forget the outside world.
More about Ellis Carrington...
Yes, Sir Stripped Clean Amor Prohibido Total Immersion Feeling Neighborly