The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity

The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Mace is a professional wrestler. He's a really good professional wrestler. He's not the champion though - that's the impossibly charismatic Chad Deity. When Mace discovers a young Indian-American Brooklyn kid whose charisma rivals that of the champ, Mace decides to get him a job in the company. Only problem is, the boss has a very specific plan for the duo: put them onscre...more
Paperback, 1st, 66 pages
Published November 29th 2011 by Samuel French, Inc.

Julia Plale
I saw this play when it premiered at Victory Gardens Theatre in Chicago, before it went Off-Broadway. It was an amazing performance. I grabbed the play off the shelf the instant I saw it and re-read it in a couple hours. As I read I had the echoes of the actors' performances in my head, so my opinion of the play is heavily influenced by the fantastic staging I saw a few years ago. But still--it's a great read. It's honest, which is the key to Diaz's humor as well as his drama. Whether you're a w...more
Narda Cotton
Apr 07, 2014 Narda Cotton is currently reading it
Reading this before the author speaks at DePauw this month
Tyler Crumrine
An insightful retelling of the American dream that embraces the idea as much as it critiques it. The characters are instantly likable, and the jokes are genuinely funny. Concise, character driven drama at its finest. I'm not at all surprised it won as many awards as it did. It would be a beast to put on, but I'd still love to see it performed some day, or better yet play a part in producing it. Highly, highly recommended.
Andie
I loved this play when I saw at the Caldwell Theatre last season, but I haven't sat down in read it until now. I still love this play in reading it, even if some of the sparkle doesn't quite shine as well on the page as it did in production.
David Laurin
Feb 16, 2013 David Laurin rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to David by: Washington Post
Étonnant, différent. Mais pas à la hauteur. Il ne se dit pas grand chose dans cette pièce. Probablement un beau projet de mise en scène, sans plus. L'histoire ne reflète pas une réalité québécoise. Casting difficile à prévoir.
Terri
This is a play that will be staged later this month at TheatreWorks. I wanted to read it before seeing it. I did not develop much of a connection to the characters. I hope that the play helps me connect.
Joelle
Curious Theatre 2012
Miriam Rochford
Miriam Rochford marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Hallie Morris
Hallie Morris marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Forest_beach
Forest_beach marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Sloane
Sloane added it
Jan 07, 2014
Danny Campbell
Danny Campbell marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Bobby Sullivan
Bobby Sullivan marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Bob Prescott
Bob Prescott marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Shelby Peters
Shelby Peters marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Amelia
Amelia added it
Jul 03, 2013
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013