Start by marking “The Original Vampire Diaries: Count Dracula” as Want to Read:
The Original Vampire Diaries: Count Dracula

The Original Vampire Diaries: Count Dracula

I am tireless in the pursuit of perfection...the pure arc of a vite neck, the vay a heavy silken cape hangs just so...my apologies, I digress. I cannot believe that anyone else could get to the nub and essence of my vork and pay it the respect it is due. Remember, I am of the undead. Ve have plenty of time to kill. Vy am I allowing my intimate thoughts to be published, ...more
Published 2010 by The Ivy Press

To ask other readers questions about The Original Vampire Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Original Vampire Diaries

Eva
May 24, 2016 Eva rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
My expectations weren't really met... Funny at times and it's an interesting idea, writing a diary as if it's Dracula's but that's about it. I assume it has something to do with the translation... I read it in Dutch. Hope for others who will be reading it in English it'll be more fun! I did like the fact that there also clippings, personal lists and more "proof" of what Dracula is writing about.
Custodieva
Забавная книга.
Evelyn
May 10, 2015 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Schitterend vanwege de humor...
Kort maar krachtig!
Constantin
Sep 17, 2016 Constantin rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-fiction
Very delightful and refreshing book to read. It is fun and keeps you good company for a while.
Deepak
May 20, 2016 Deepak rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to come across this book! It is a great read. Darkly funny and devilishly tasteful! Of course you need a refined sense of humour to laugh at the subtle jokes, satires and sarcasm. It makes you think, firing neurons connecting the hair-raising vampire lore with the "teenification" of vampire cults in popular media. It is written from the "glorious" perspective from the big V himself, Count Vlad Dracula, full with notes, business cards, diagrams, invoices etc. When you finish the book ...more
Nakaya
Sep 25, 2013 Nakaya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-dutch
Since I found this book in the children's section of the store I bought it at I was a little.. surprised at some of the more sexual content. I became then a little lost on what age group it was supposed to target, since the overall design of the thing does lend it more to, say, 12 or under (or, you know, the adult that is amused by this sort of thing) - but, don't judge a book by its cover, I suppose.

It's a quick and easy read and I must admit to finding it rather amusing. Laughed out loud a few
Michelle
Nov 16, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
Recommended to Michelle by: A friend
Shelves: vampires
It's nice that the book is so thin, because you can finish it at once. If it was longer, it would have become boring. The book is supposed to be funny and has very dry humor in it. Sometimes I didn't get the jokes though, dry humor isn't my kind of thing. But it was entertaining and worth reading, although I had higher expectations.
Cheryl
Feb 08, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Fun read, not to be taken seriously it's full of dry humour and subtle (and not so subtle) digs at vampire culture.
Entertaining if you're interested in the subject at all and can be read on one sitting.
Sanne
Nov 11, 2012 Sanne rated it it was ok
Funny, utterly useless book to read with not even random facts.
I loved the illustrations of all his ideas in the book that made it fun to read.
Just a great in-between book to read next to all your fancy literature.
Bibi
Oct 08, 2016 Bibi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geestig, maar eenmaal halverwege is de grap er wel een beetje af en borduurt het wat te lang verder. Maar toch een vermakelijk boekje.
Chrissy McDowell
Chrissy McDowell rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Fahida
Fahida rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
linda blackmore
linda blackmore rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Valeria Moguel
Valeria Moguel rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
noelle
noelle rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Karla Fernandez
Karla Fernandez rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
fawn cook
fawn cook rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Jacob Paul
Jacob Paul rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
laura baker
laura baker rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Briar
Briar rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2013
April Davis
April Davis rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Sumaiyah
Sumaiyah rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Emyra Rafrafi
Emyra Rafrafi rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Justyna
Justyna rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Tara Mcgeady
Tara Mcgeady rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Raffael
Raffael rated it liked it
May 18, 2012
Aleksandra Savic
Aleksandra Savic rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Begumdesovali
Begumdesovali rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
ElaineRichardson
ElaineRichardson rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return - An Untold Tale: Elena's Christmas (The Vampire Diaries: The Return Extras, #0.5)
  • Vampire Haiku
  • Shakespeare Undead (Shakespeare Undead, #1)
  • 100% The Vampire Diaries: The Unofficial Guide To The Vampire Diaries
  • Love You to Death Season 2: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries
  • Vampire Diary: The Embrace
  • Wings Bestsellers: Jude Devereaux: Three Complete Novels
  • Fern Michaels Texas Series CD Collection: Texas Rich, Texas Heat, Texas Fury, Texas Sunrise
  • The Shining / Salem's Lot / Danse Macabre
  • Viking
  • Vampier in de school
  • Alien Next Door
  • Johanna Lindsey Collection 2: Heart of a Warrior, The Pursuit, and A Man to Call My Own
  • Cutie Pies: 40 Sweet, Savory, and Adorable Recipes