Start by marking “Wild Bunch Women” as Want to Read:
Wild Bunch Women

Wild Bunch Women

Explore the lives of the pistol-packing, hell-raising, high-spirited gals who hung out with Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch outlaw gang.
Published July 1st 2003 by TwoDot

To ask other readers questions about Wild Bunch Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Bunch Women

Timothy Boyd
Oct 24, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
Nice quick read. Good historical overview of the women that ran with the Wild Bunch. Recommended
Virginia Franklyn
Sep 22, 2014 Virginia Franklyn rated it really liked it
Not exactly a meticulously researched volume on the women in the West. Lots of speculation. However, it was very readable and interesting. I liked that the author tried to make the subjects as human as possible. It's so strange to me that these women lived in a West that was so raw and untamed little more than a century ago. Good, quick read.
Darcy
Sep 14, 2014 Darcy rated it liked it
Good quick read. Obviously not a lot of info on the subject so the author had to work to piece together some interesting stories, but nice to get at least a glimpse into the wild bunch women
Cassandra
Sep 07, 2015 Cassandra rated it liked it
I liked this book to a point. I wish there was more information on Josie Bassett. And while as far as I know accurate, it felt a bit stiff.
Amy
Nov 16, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
It's a nice book. I don't know if I had heard about the Wild Bunch Gang before, although I have heard of the members. (Butch Cassidy, Sundance Kid, etc)

This book talks about the women in their lives, both wives, lovers and women who helped them. It was interesting to read about the lives of women in the past in this area of the country.

Sticklers of facts be warned! There is quite a bit of supposition in this book, I think in order to bring some 'humanity' to the facts. In my personal opinion it
Erin
Sep 09, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
Awesome story and info. Too many terrible cliches
Denise
May 10, 2010 Denise rated it liked it
This was a nice over view of the women beside the men. It makes me want to look into all of thier lives even more. I did feel at time that the author read into what woman would most likely do, he might be right but I'm not sure he was drawing from an educated guess but more a sterotype.
Over all a good "starter" book and glad ot add it to my colleciton of women in history books.
Megan Arendt
Dec 30, 2008 Megan Arendt rated it it was ok
My mom gave me the book for a quick read. Much of the content was based off legends and not facts so I didn't get much historical knowledge from this book. However, I knew nothing about the Wild Bunch (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) so I found it interesting, some of the stories about the Wild West and how people lived in the late 1800s to early 1900s.
Paula
May 25, 2013 Paula rated it it was ok
I was pretty disappointed with this book and the information in it. There is way to much speculation and not nearly enough fact. So many of the sentences resembled, "If the story is true..." The author handed out theory after theory on these women, but seems not much is really known, or at least wrangled up by this author.
Barb
Aug 19, 2010 Barb rated it liked it
I read this on vacation in Wyoming after picking it up at the Jim Gatchell Museum in Buffalo. It was a quick read and rather entertaining. I learned a little bit about the Wild Bunch members like Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. Many of these women lived very hard and sad lives, but they make for interesting stories.
Anna
Jan 10, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Those feisty, wild west women. Love their rugged tales!
Jessica
May 25, 2012 Jessica rated it it was ok
This book serves as a basic overview that is quick to read but not very in-depth. I was disappointing by the lack of factual evidence cited and by the amount of speculation. There are better titles out there on this subject matter.
Natalie
Jun 20, 2013 Natalie rated it it was ok
Interesting subject matter, except next to nothing is known about some of the women. Not great writing and kind of redundant.
Katie
Jan 10, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: the-west, american, sold
Too much speculation and barely any facts or quotes. How do you know what they were thinking at that time?
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Shana Cox
Shana Cox rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Kennedy
Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Hannah Hocker
Hannah Hocker marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Kristen Velasco
Kristen Velasco marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Dale Buxton
Dale Buxton rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Robert Marsh
Robert Marsh marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Courtney Peck
Courtney Peck rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2016
Stephanie Utley
Stephanie Utley rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Christin
Christin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Michael Rutter...