Start by marking “Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Requiem

Maggie Stiefvater

Requiem (Books of Faerie #3)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Published by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.

Heather Glad I'm not the only one trying to get my hands on Requiem or at least more info on when it's coming out. So I searched her blog and here is what I…moreGlad I'm not the only one trying to get my hands on Requiem or at least more info on when it's coming out. So I searched her blog and here is what I found. In her blog post from 4/6/2012 http://maggiestiefvater.com/blog/magg... Maggie says "... last night I finally turned in the first draft of REQUIEM (the third and final faerie book) to my crit partners". Later in that post she responds to this question "Can you give us any further information on Requiem? Even just a few words?" with this answer "...it’s slated to come out in 2013 but I don’t know which season at the moment. Sorry.". No further mentions of it in any of her posts, but on the FAQ on her blog there is a question listed asking "Will there be another book after LAMENT and BALLAD?". Her response - "I have written the third book, REQUIEM, and my editor tells me it is a fine book, but I do not believe it fine is good enough. I will not let it be released until I believe it is more than fine. I can’t tell you how long that will be." There is no date on that FAQ so no idea on how long ago she posted that, but I'm not feeling hopeful after reading any of this. I don't think it's very nice to her fans to treat the 3rd book in this manner. I really love this series and would like to see Maggie give it a higher priority or at least set some kind of deadline for herself. It's been 6 years since Ballad and fans of the series have been waiting (mostly) patiently. Come on Maggie, do it for your fans! (less)
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by John GreenChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareUntitled by Sarah J. MaasThe Last Star by Rick Yancey
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
29th out of 417 books — 14,427 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. MartinThe Soul by Stephenie Meyer
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
46th out of 536 books — 6,642 voters

More lists with this book...

Natalie
Feb 13, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:

I read a while back (could it've really been last winter?) on her blog that Maggie was writing what she called "WinterNovel". She politely told us that the first two words were "Luke" and "Dillon" and to have a nice day.

I thought about throwing my computer across the room.

Instead, I threw a pillow at it.
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
I feel like Requiem has fallen into the same vortex as The Winds of Winter and Doors of Stone. Should I keep hoping or just give up now?
Llana
May 06, 2012 Llana marked it as to-read
I want this book

In my mind Ballad was the last and it would follow me around trying to drive me insane but then....I saw this and a giant rainbow burst into excistence no really well in my mind it did but anyway
I really hope we get more of james POv and I think Paul would be another interesting character

COME OUT SOONER
Holly
Apr 30, 2014 Holly marked it as to-read
I just found this on Maggie's tumblr, via the "Stiefvater Question Face" Q&A that she did, concerning Requiem:

"I actually wrote an entire third book, Requiem, last year, and sold it to Scholastic, but then I decided I was not happy with it and snatched it back from my editor.

Scholastic is very good about putting out only work that I’m happy with, so they’ve been kind enough to not send Queen Latifah to badger me, a la Stranger than Fiction.

So it exists. I think I know how to fix it. But I am
Isabella
Mar 29, 2015 Isabella marked it as to-read
WHEN ARE YOU COMING OUT, REQUIEM? WHEN???

I just noticed I've been waiting this book since 2012...
...
Where is it.
WHERE.
JAMES? NUALA?
Shanita Akhtar
May 29, 2012 Shanita Akhtar marked it as to-read
Please tell me Luke is gonna be in this book! :)
I loved the last 2 bookss :D
But OMFG :| 2013?!?!?!? I think she wants to kill us ;O
Riv
HOW did I miss the Goodreads announcement of this?
This is yet another reason 2013 is going to be frawesome. (The first reason being that it means we avoided the apocalypse.)
I can't wait!!!!
Katie
Apr 27, 2012 Katie marked it as to-read
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just finished Ballad and was sooooooooooooooooooooooo confused, so I am so glad that that was not the last one in the series!!! Yay for more Luke and Deirdre!!! :)
Laura V.
Jan 27, 2016 Laura V. marked it as si-te-tuviera-te-leeria
C'moooon, giveee it to me. James? Nuala? Creo que me acomodaré en mi hermoso sillón a esperarlos u_u*
Mommaang
Apr 13, 2015 Mommaang marked it as to-read
This is exactly why I now wait for the entire series to be released before I buy them.
Annettestolwijk
Nov 07, 2012 Annettestolwijk marked it as to-read

YES ANOTHER BOOK OF FAERIES!!!! *cheers* yes I heart me some Luke! Please let luke come back.
Carolina
Jun 16, 2012 Carolina marked it as to-read
CAN'T WAIT!
Katelyn
Apr 16, 2012 Katelyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
O_O OMYGOSH!!!!!!!!:D I love Lament and Ballad and i just know Requiem is gonna be amazing!!<3 Just one thing...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE RELEASED 2013??R U TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THIS WAIT???..... Anyway, looking forward to reading this book!XD
Annabella
Feb 22, 2014 Annabella marked it as to-read
Give it to me. I haven't even read Ballad , but give it to me. Or give me a blurb. Or a cover. Or anything written by Maggie. *Cries while trying to keep her cool and failing to do so*
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ahhhhhh!!!! Omg! Omg! Oh my freaking god!!!! There's a 3rd Book of Faerie set for release!!!!! *dies* It's like I've stepped into a dream!!! Cannot, repeat CANNOT wait for this!!! LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hannah Noyes
Apr 08, 2014 Hannah Noyes marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-released-yet
Yay! I thought this was coming out at the beginning of 2014 so I was madly looking for it! I can finally be at rest for a bit! Can't wait and keep writing awesome books!
Giovanna
Feb 20, 2014 Giovanna marked it as to-read
I need this book. Waiting is going to suck.

Rachel
Oct 27, 2013 Rachel marked it as to-read
I just hope James (or even Paul) is narrating! I just won't be able to deal with Luke and his irresistible yet annoying self!
Bethany
I'm freaking out! I didn't know there was going to be a third book! Sooooo excited!!!
Grace
Jul 13, 2015 Grace rated it it was amazing
GIMME GIMME GIMMEBCJJDJD
Alice
Sep 25, 2014 Alice rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
COME ON!!! The previous book was published in 2009, and it's 2014 right now!!! I only just found out about this series (I know, so sad.) and I had expected the whole trilogy to already be published, and then I realized that the third and last book was still to come.
Bayan
May 21, 2016 Bayan added it
I don't think she'll ever publish the last book, I have the first two books do you think I should read them?
Victoria
Nov 10, 2015 Victoria marked it as to-read

I asked Maggie about the status of this book a while back....

"It exists, but it was terrible, so I wouldn’t let my publisher take it until I figured out how to fix it. Now it reclines gently in publishing miasma politics timing adventures which I cannot really talk about on the internet."
(full post here: http://maggie-stiefvater.tumblr.com/p... )

So it looks like there are no plans to release it anytime soon. I can't imagine it being terrible, and I'd even pay for a 'terrible' manuscript, Maggie
Mrs. D THS
Maggie ...please, please, please...from the bottom of my heart I beg you...FINISH THIS TRILOGY !
Chloe
Sep 13, 2015 Chloe marked it as to-read
SO TIRED OF WAITING UGH I NEED THIS NOW
Tabi Card
Jun 12, 2015 Tabi Card marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
Ahhhhh there is still hope for James and Deirdre yet!!! Another faerie book from Maggie! *sighs dreamily* Awesome. I'm already in love with it.
Nezihe Yay
Feb 23, 2013 Nezihe Yay marked it as to-read
seriously...what will i do until 2014 my life is pointless until this book comes out
Klf Barrett
Mar 25, 2015 Klf Barrett marked it as to-read
I'll have to re read the entire series as this book is so late in coming!
Kaitlyn
Mar 24, 2012 Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Requiem seems to be a newly popular title. Hopefully this one stands out.
Gabby
Nov 05, 2012 Gabby marked it as to-read
Is this a Joke? Or is it really happening?
What's going to happen? 5 42 Feb 12, 2013 03:01AM
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Sharp Bite of Ritual (Spellcrackers.com, #6)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Untitled (Talon, #5)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • The Faerie Queen (The Faerie Ring #4)
  • Untitled (Untitled, #2)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)
  • The Celtic Warrior Princess
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy #2; Nightshade World #8)
  • Untitled (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • An Infinite Thread - A Merry Sisters of Fate Anthology (Vol. 1)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Untitled (Winter Saga, #3)
  • Untitled (The Darken Trilogy, #2)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been based around her inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or tech
More about Maggie Stiefvater...

Books of Faerie (3 books)
  • Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)
  • Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2)