Start by marking “Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Maggie Stiefvater

Requiem (Books of Faerie #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Published by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.

Heather Glad I'm not the only one trying to get my hands on Requiem or at least more info on when it's coming out. So I searched her blog and here is what I…moreGlad I'm not the only one trying to get my hands on Requiem or at least more info on when it's coming out. So I searched her blog and here is what I found. In her blog post from 4/6/2012 Maggie says "... last night I finally turned in the first draft of REQUIEM (the third and final faerie book) to my crit partners". Later in that post she responds to this question "Can you give us any further information on Requiem? Even just a few words?" with this answer "’s slated to come out in 2013 but I don’t know which season at the moment. Sorry.". No further mentions of it in any of her posts, but on the FAQ on her blog there is a question listed asking "Will there be another book after LAMENT and BALLAD?". Her response - "I have written the third book, REQUIEM, and my editor tells me it is a fine book, but I do not believe it fine is good enough. I will not let it be released until I believe it is more than fine. I can’t tell you how long that will be." There is no date on that FAQ so no idea on how long ago she posted that, but I'm not feeling hopeful after reading any of this. I don't think it's very nice to her fans to treat the 3rd book in this manner. I really love this series and would like to see Maggie give it a higher priority or at least set some kind of deadline for herself. It's been 6 years since Ballad and fans of the series have been waiting (mostly) patiently. Come on Maggie, do it for your fans! (less)
Lady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerWinter by Marissa MeyerThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerPrince of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
38th out of 338 books — 12,949 voters
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
61st out of 486 books — 5,872 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 05, 2015 Cas marked it as awaiting
Shelves: need-you-with-me
*eyes widen*
Books of Faerie, #3?
The finale of this beautiful trilogy?!

Okay, breathe Cas. Sorry guys but, I actually love this series. Then, I find out this book is with Luke. Please be the HEA for Luke and Deirdre!

I read a while back (could it've really been last winter?) on her blog that Maggie was writing what she called "WinterNovel". She politely told us that the first two words were "Luke" and "Dillon" and to have a nice day.

I thought about throwing my computer across the room.

Instead, I threw a pillow at it.
dick gansey
Please. Come. out.

Maggie Stiefvater. You've done it again. You just made me fan-girl!!
You know I really wish I could wave a magic wand and It would magically come out.

Life would be so easy if I could do that. If I had a wand I'd also have an unlimited amount of candy floss and I'd also be able to slap Edward Cullen. But you see; I don't.

Personally I loved this book. I actually wanted to marry it and have literary babies with it (No. I'm not that weird)

I just hope that Maggie won't do what sh
May 06, 2012 Llana marked it as to-read
I want this book

In my mind Ballad was the last and it would follow me around trying to drive me insane but then....I saw this and a giant rainbow burst into excistence no really well in my mind it did but anyway
I really hope we get more of james POv and I think Paul would be another interesting character

Apr 27, 2012 Katie marked it as to-read
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just finished Ballad and was sooooooooooooooooooooooo confused, so I am so glad that that was not the last one in the series!!! Yay for more Luke and Deirdre!!! :)
Shanita Akhtar
May 29, 2012 Shanita Akhtar marked it as to-read
Please tell me Luke is gonna be in this book! :)
I loved the last 2 bookss :D
But OMFG :| 2013?!?!?!? I think she wants to kill us ;O
HOW did I miss the Goodreads announcement of this?
This is yet another reason 2013 is going to be frawesome. (The first reason being that it means we avoided the apocalypse.)
I can't wait!!!!
Nov 07, 2012 Annettestolwijk marked it as to-read

YES ANOTHER BOOK OF FAERIES!!!! *cheers* yes I heart me some Luke! Please let luke come back.
Jun 16, 2012 Carolina marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014 Holly marked it as to-read
I just found this on Maggie's tumblr, via the "Stiefvater Question Face" Q&A that she did, concerning Requiem:

"I actually wrote an entire third book, Requiem, last year, and sold it to Scholastic, but then I decided I was not happy with it and snatched it back from my editor.

Scholastic is very good about putting out only work that I’m happy with, so they’ve been kind enough to not send Queen Latifah to badger me, a la Stranger than Fiction.

So it exists. I think I know how to fix it. But I am
O_O OMYGOSH!!!!!!!!:D I love Lament and Ballad and i just know Requiem is gonna be amazing!!<3 Just one thing...WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE RELEASED 2013??R U TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THIS WAIT???..... Anyway, looking forward to reading this book!XD
Feb 22, 2014 Annabella marked it as to-read
Give it to me. I haven't even read Ballad , but give it to me. Or give me a blurb. Or a cover. Or anything written by Maggie. *Cries while trying to keep her cool and failing to do so*
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ahhhhhh!!!! Omg! Omg! Oh my freaking god!!!! There's a 3rd Book of Faerie set for release!!!!! *dies* It's like I've stepped into a dream!!! Cannot, repeat CANNOT wait for this!!! LUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hannah Noyes
Apr 08, 2014 Hannah Noyes marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-released-yet
Yay! I thought this was coming out at the beginning of 2014 so I was madly looking for it! I can finally be at rest for a bit! Can't wait and keep writing awesome books!

I asked Maggie about the status of this book a while back....

"It exists, but it was terrible, so I wouldn’t let my publisher take it until I figured out how to fix it. Now it reclines gently in publishing miasma politics timing adventures which I cannot really talk about on the internet."
(full post here: )

So it looks like there are no plans to release it anytime soon. I can't imagine it being terrible, and I'd even pay for a 'terrible' manuscript, Maggie
I'm freaking out! I didn't know there was going to be a third book! Sooooo excited!!!
Alice He
COME ON!!! The previous book was published in 2009, and it's 2014 right now!!! I only just found out about this series (I know, so sad.) and I had expected the whole trilogy to already be published, and then I realized that the third and last book was still to come.
Mrs. D THS
Maggie ...please, please, please...from the bottom of my heart I beg you...FINISH THIS TRILOGY !
Sep 13, 2015 Chloe marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014 Jodie marked it as to-read
I wonder why the release date got pushed back so much? It went from 2013 to 2014 now 2015.I can't wait any longer for this.I really hope it comes out sooner, and it's as good as Ballad too.
Tabi Card
Jun 12, 2015 Tabi Card marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist
Ahhhhh there is still hope for James and Deirdre yet!!! Another faerie book from Maggie! *sighs dreamily* Awesome. I'm already in love with it.
Mar 29, 2015 Isabella marked it as to-read

I just noticed I've been waiting this book since 2012...
Where is it.
Feb 20, 2014 Giovanna marked it as to-read
I need this book. Waiting is going to suck.

Oct 27, 2013 Rachel marked it as to-read
I just hope James (or even Paul) is narrating! I just won't be able to deal with Luke and his irresistible yet annoying self!
Apr 13, 2015 Mommaang marked it as to-read
This is exactly why I now wait for the entire series to be released before I buy them.
Nezihe Yay
Feb 23, 2013 Nezihe Yay marked it as to-read
seriously...what will i do until 2014 my life is pointless until this book comes out
Klf Barrett
Mar 25, 2015 Klf Barrett marked it as to-read
I'll have to re read the entire series as this book is so late in coming!
Mar 24, 2012 Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Requiem seems to be a newly popular title. Hopefully this one stands out.
Nov 05, 2012 Gabby marked it as to-read
Is this a Joke? Or is it really happening?
Lady Allison
Feb 26, 2012 Lady Allison marked it as to-read
No freaking way! I can't wait!!!
Stiefvater's Book...: Requiem 41 69 Oct 05, 2014 04:30PM
What's going to happen? 5 37 Feb 12, 2013 03:01AM
  • The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)
  • Untitled (Talon, #4)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Seven Black Diamonds
  • Untitled (Intertwined, #4)
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Places No One Knows
  • Untitled (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Night Study (Soulfinders, #2)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Untitled (Untitled, #2)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • Untitled (Into the Dark, #3)
  • Ebon (Pegasus, #2)
  • A Place of Stone and Shadow
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

All of Maggie Stiefvater's life decisions have been based around her inability to be gainfully employed. Talking to yourself, staring into space, and coming to work in your pajamas are frowned upon when you're a waitress, calligraphy instructor, or tech
More about Maggie Stiefvater...

Books of Faerie (3 books)
  • Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1)
  • Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2)
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) The Scorpio Races The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)