Start by marking “Dancing with the Dinosaurs” as Want to Read:
Dancing with the Dinosaurs

Dancing with the Dinosaurs

Elegant and swellegant, hilarious and hysterical: Come one, come all to the show that's cooler than the Ice Age, and wackier and wilder than any dance competition on TV. It's Dancing with the Dinosaurs - and the awesome, clawsome contestants are ready to party.
Published February 1st 2012 by Imagine (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing with the Dinosaurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing with the Dinosaurs

If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Joffe NumeroffThe Pink Dolphin Tale by Ruthz S.B.A Cuddle For Little Duck by Claire FreedmanBallerina Birdies by Marina YamamotoDimity Duck by Jane Yolen
Preschool-"D"
22nd out of 35 books — 5 voters
Dinosaur Roar! by Paul SticklandDanny and the Dinosaur by Syd HoffOh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! by Sandra BoyntonDinosaurumpus by Tony MittonSaturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp by Carol Diggory Shields
Preschool-Dinosaurs
6th out of 17 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Meghan Hunt
Nov 01, 2012 Meghan Hunt rated it liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
Nathan
Apr 29, 2016 Nathan rated it it was ok
This was a little younger than I like to read. I didn't enjoy the pictures, and the story was simplistic and kind of boring for me. Of course, I am an adult and maybe a child would be more into it, but for me I just didn't find it all that interesting. There was a nice subplot going on with the judges throughout the book, and I could see kids liking how it all ends, but it wasn't enough for me to give more than 2 stars.
Tima
Jul 02, 2016 Tima rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This large picture book is about a dinosaur dancing contest. The first page is a list of all of the contestants. It features several different types of dinosaurs and their dance styles. The rhyming style of writing makes it an easy and enjoyable read. It ends on a funny note with the announcer trying to eat the contestants and judges. The illustrations are bright and colorful and fit well with the story. This book will appeal to the approximate ages of 2 to 5 years old. It will appeal to any chi ...more
Rachel
Feb 19, 2015 Rachel rated it did not like it
I picked this up as a possibility to read for my Toddler Dance Storytime, but it was really bad. The premise is the whole book is a dance contest with all sorts of dinosaurs, which is okay, until the judges start disappearing and the host is eating everyone, contestants and judges. Plus the rhyming just wasn't funny. Recommended for ages 2-6, 1 star.
Claire
Jul 14, 2016 Claire rated it liked it
Decent dinosaur dance book, with references to Dancing With the Stars for adults and a sub plot in the illustrations of judges being eaten that older children will catch on to.
Mary
Feb 15, 2013 Mary rated it it was ok
I'm sorry, but if you have to include a line about dancing "round Patty's pile of poo" (apropos of nothing) in order to make your rhyme work, maybe there's a problem. Yes, kids find poo jokes funny, but this time it seemed wedged in just to make the rhyme work. Also: "claws" doesn't quite rhyme with "saurs" (although, this is a British author, and maybe it does with a British accent). This story didn't work for me - a weak dinosaur "story" with a "Dancing with the Stars" theme. Hard core dino fa ...more
Amanda Day
Sep 12, 2012 Amanda Day rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book, fantasy
Although the pictures and general idea is cute, I feel like only children with interests pertaining to the book would like it. There are lots of hard word because of the dinosaurs names, and many children would not get the references to the names of the dinosaurs word play and the name of the dances.
Jj
Apr 24, 2012 Jj rated it did not like it
Disappointing--this could have been hilarious and fun, but it is clunky and almost a tedious read. What a great premise: dinosaurs and dancing, not to mention the cheesy but effective "Dancing with the Stars" parallels. Sadly, it did not deliver the epic dinosaur dance marathon I'd hoped for.
Nicole
May 25, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture_book
Very cute. Think "Dancing with the Stars," but with dinosaurs. This would be a lot fun to read with a kid (or group of kids)...but you'd have to get on your feet and do some of the dancing with the dinosaurs! :)
Andrea
May 02, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Great choice for wiggly storytimes. Adult fans of Dancing with the Stars will get some of the inside jokes. Keep an eye on the dinosaur judges, maybe Len would give out more 10's if he suffered a similar fate!
Carly Reighard
Apr 23, 2012 Carly Reighard rated it it was amazing
This book, which pokes fun at Dancing with the Stars, will appeal to children and adults alike. What a fun story with great illustrations, a flowing rhythm, and a spectacular surprise ending!
Kim
Jul 20, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
got a double re-read from my 4 1/2 year old! What kid doesn't love a pile of poop in a book (very tasteful and funny, nonetheless) and this is also very entertaining for adults.
Win!!!
Wooden Horse
Jul 22, 2012 Wooden Horse rated it liked it
This is a dinosaur take on "Dancing with the Stars" without Tom Bergeron. There are plenty of silly things scattered throughout the book to keep your little one giggling.
Paula
Aug 13, 2013 Paula rated it it was ok
From a tango by a T. Rex to a line dance with Danny Ig, dinosaurs demonstrate their talents on Dancing with Dinosaurs, while the judges mysteriously disappear.
Marina S
Apr 23, 2012 Marina S rated it it was amazing
Shelves: t-l-306
Great book to use with kindergartners. So funny, as the dinosaurs are dancing the judges are disappearing, hmm :)
Leona
Mar 08, 2012 Leona rated it it was amazing
super fun - can do movements with the dancing dinos - twist at end where t-rex gets hungry!
Cris
Nov 07, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it
Totally silly. But my 3 year old daughter loves it...and no we don't watch the TV show.
Brindi
Jun 01, 2012 Brindi rated it liked it
this would be great for a dino or dance-themed preschool storytime
Peacegal
Feb 16, 2012 Peacegal rated it liked it
I'll take this over that stupid TV show any day of the week.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2016
Amber Lund
Amber Lund rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2016
Brennan
Brennan rated it it was ok
May 22, 2016
Deb
Deb added it
May 22, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Nikki Texeira
Nikki Texeira rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
See also pseudonym Hayley Daze.

Jane Elizabeth Clarke (born in 1954) is an English writer of children’s books and poetry. Her best known books include Gilbert the Great (illustrated by Charles Fuge) and Stuck in the Mud (illustrated by Garry Parsons). Jane has published over 45 books including works used for children's reading schemes in schools. CBeebies Bedtime Stories have featured two of Jane's
More about Jane Clarke...