Start by marking “Relic (Brethren, #2)” as Want to Read:
Relic (Brethren, #2)

Relic (Brethren #2)

Raphael, a Brethren Savior, an angel with a forgotten past, has lost his power to heal and is on a self-imposed guilt trip to get it back. If he can’t, his tour of eternal duty as Brethren Savior will be revoked. On his journey, he winds up enmeshed in a web of attempted murder and resurrection, all thanks to a woman he’s only seen in a photograph and by chance on an Arizo ...more
Published January 27th 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published January 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Relic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relic

The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenInsurgent by Veronica RothGone Girl by Gillian FlynnCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClarePandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Best Books of 2012
173rd out of 3,215 books — 9,454 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 06, 2012 Kristina rated it it was amazing
The Brethren are back!

A big thank you to Deena, the author, for providing the review copy!

Relic's story is about Raphael, the Brethren Savior that can barely heal a headache after the big battle in Trinity, and Serena Sikes, the young business owner that is lonely. After some major events happen in the story, both characters are broken to a certain extent. I really liked how they helped build each other up again.

The story has heart stopping action, swoon worthy romance, sizzling passion, and viv
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Feb 12, 2012 Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read-series
As a Savior member of the Brethren, Raphael’s sole purpose was to heal and after the last great battle between Good and Evil, Raphael’s powers were minimal at best. Feeling less than worthless, he is on a quest to find Serena Sikes and inform her of the demise of her youngest brother. Raphael is about to have a whole new set of problems thrust onto his shoulders in addition to his waning powers. Not only is Serena a dead ringer for Raphael’s late wife (whose memory was wiped from his mind) but s ...more
Sarah Ballance
Feb 29, 2012 Sarah Ballance rated it it was amazing
RELIC is my first encounter with Ms. Remiel's work, and now that we've been properly introduced I have to say I'm impressed with her ability to tell a story. This one has it all: heart pounding action, intrigue, suspense, and a deeply satisfying tear jerker of an ending.

I loved the plot layers throughout. So many romances have one problem to solve, and once the characters take care of that issue the book is over. By contrast, RELIC features a lot of great threads ranging from the relic itself to
Mar 19, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Review written for

This is the 2nd in a series by Deena Remiel but it most certainly stands alone. And I can't wait to go back and read the 1st book!!! Grab this book!!! I could not put it down! The writing is great and the characters are wonderful. I really enjoyed it. Raphael is not your ordinary angel and Serena is strong - together they make a incredible team! BUY AND ENJOY!

Raphael is a healing angel who protects Earth with his Brethren. Centuries ago he was married but
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Feb 03, 2012 Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers) rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to recieve a review copy from the author, I was so excited to get started. Deena Remiel is such an amazing writer, I love all her work. This story seriously doesn't disappoint.

There's a saying, "Lightning never strikes the same place twice." but with Deena's Brethren series, not only has it struck once, twice but THREE times (can't forget about Brethren Beginnings). The electric current will leave you simply breathless! I can still feel the zing!

RELIC we meet some new and very
May 13, 2013 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Relic more than I enjoyed Trinity. The main characters in this install were lesser known characters from Trinity.

Raphael is our swoon-worthy angel this time. He is a Savior, a healer. But when tragedy strikes, he lost his ability to heal and is on a guilt trip to get it back.

Remember Jared, Agremons' lacky? Well he gave his sister an ancient Relic that oddly looks alot like her. Serena, Jared's sister, begins to dream of an amazing lover and of a life shes lived before. But that's no
Jan 28, 2012 Leanne rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 in Deena Remiel's "Brethren Series". I thought book 1 was absolutely fabulous and Books 2 "RELIC" does not disappoint it was equally wonderful.
Raphael is an Angel "Savior" but has lost his great power to heal. He has no clue why but feels he is being punished for something that happened in his past. Serena who owns her own guided tours business receives a gift from her brother that changes her life into a nightmare and only "The Brethren Savior" can save her.

Deena weaved a wonde
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
Serena Sikes’s birthday present from her brother turns out to be more than a simple old statue. The statue, which uncannily looks a lot like her, turns out to be stolen from a person who thinks she is someone else. Someone who has plans for her. Events lead to her being found by Raphael, a Brethren Savior. Things have been different ever since she touched the statue. Is Raphael showing up just when she needs help just a coincidence?

Raphael is a Brethren Savior, an angel who has lost his ability
Jun 23, 2013 Renee rated it it was amazing
A Brethren Angel, born to heal, has inexplicably lost his power to do so and is at a loss as to why. Little does he know that his next assignment will test him in more ways than one and bring him face to face with his past.

Serena has received a gift from her troubled, wandering brother who, shortly after leaving the gift with her, disappears. Serena soon discovers that the gift he left her was probably the cause of his disappearance and could also cause her to lose her life.

Deena Remiel has anot
Gema Wegrzyn
Sep 25, 2014 Gema Wegrzyn rated it liked it
I bought all three books at once. I read Trinity and it was not one of my best reads. The protagonist was weak and I personally don't want to read about weak women. But I had the second book so I started reading. This story was leaps and bounds better. The female protagonist was strong and the story was powerful. The only reason I'm giving it three stars is because some of the writing is forced and cliche.
Jul 29, 2015 Vivian rated it it was amazing
Loved the story. Serena has the soul of Sirona trapped in her body and alone comes Raphael to rescue her when she is left for dead. Raphael also happens to be Sirona's long ago husband. As Raphael tries to keep Serena safe from people who are trying to kill her a love story starts, but who does Raphael love Sirona or Serena? I couldn't put this book down.
Jenny Whetzel
Jan 26, 2014 Jenny Whetzel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I read anything from this author and absolutely loved it! A nice romance book.
Cheryl Sanders
Sep 09, 2012 Cheryl Sanders rated it it was amazing
Deena Remiel is an amazing author! This is another well written story with everything spread out so there's never a dull moment from cover to cover. The Relic is a wonderful book about letting go of the past, forgiveness, and love. The Brethren take my breath away with their witty, down-to-earth, and totally devoted to goodness ways. It also helps that they are extremely good looking and very well built ;) Can't wait for more of their stories!!!
Jan 23, 2014 Angel rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
awesome as always
Minerva Casas Gonzalez
Minerva Casas Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Florencia Garcia
Florencia Garcia marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Carolyn Shipman
Carolyn Shipman marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Juanita Stoner
Juanita Stoner marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Hannah Cook
Hannah Cook marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Whitney marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Jeanette rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Samantha Mergel
Samantha Mergel marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Katyn Cooper
Katyn Cooper marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Nerina marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Karen rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Sara Webb
Sara Webb rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: can you combine these editions please 2 9 Nov 04, 2015 12:41PM
  • Revelation (Redemption, #4)
  • Keeper of the Peace (Graveyard Guardians, #2)
  • Nephilim Awakening : Enkindu (volume 1)
  • Creche
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
  • Heavy Metal Heartbeat (Rock N Roll Paraphantasy, #2)
  • Moondancers (The Beautiful Creatures of Beverly Hills #1)
  • Killing the Machine (Aboard the Great Iron Horse, #2)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Blood Web (Caitlin Diggs, #1)
  • Breaking Normal (Dream Weaver, #3)
  • Compendium: The Horror Challenge Collection
  • Oblivion's Forge
  • Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2)
  • Roller Rink Witchcraft (Extended Edition): Supernatural Witch Cozy Mystery (Harper “Foxxy” Beck Series Book 1)
  • Original Sin (Crimson Shadow Series)
  • The One (Species Intervention #6609, #6)
  • Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)

Brethren (4 books)
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Elixxir (Brethren, #3)
  • Angel Rising (Brethren #4)