Froggy Rides a Bike

Froggy Rides a Bike (Froggy)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  354 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Froggy just got his very first bike, and it’s exactly what he wanted. Almost. Finishing touches like a bell and a horn have to be added before Froggy is ready to ride. Then, surrounded by cheering friends, Froggy starts to pedal. Oops! He falls off. He tries again. Oops! Riding a bike is hard! After a long day, and a few bumps and bruises, Froggy finally learns to ride—and...more
Published May 4th 2006 by Viking Juvenile

Gabrielle
Froggy, is a great character that children can relate too. In each book, he goes through exciting adventures, faces obstacles, and learns. In this story, he learned how to ride a bike. Froggy has some difficulties while he's learning. He faces all of the expected obstacles when you think of children learning how to ride a bike. He falls, he struggles, he gets back up, and tries again. Young kids can relates to this, especially if they want to learn, if they just learned or they are learning. It...more
Judy
I believe this book, is a great book for the time around riding your first bike that is sure to provide some great fun and laughs.
Beckie Coldiron
Froggy always tends to have some sort of adventure! Children will love embarking on this ride, as Froggy learns how to ride a bike. I think this book would make an excellent prompt for step-by-step procedures in writing; in fact, you could encourage your students to make their own step-by-step procedures with this text as an example. Additionally, this book provides a great writing prompt since ever student can relate to having to practice something over and over again. I'd recommend this book f...more
Elizabeth Heuston
By: Jonathan London

Pictures By: Frank Remkiewicz

Genre: Fictional Picture Book, animals

Audience: pre-k to 2nd grade

Theme: Persistence, faith, family help

Use: Read Aloud, shared reading, independent reading

Reading Level: Emergant

Illustrations: The pictures make the reader want read the story. They also support the text

Thoughts: The story follows Froggy on his adventure of learning how to ride a bike.
Patricia
Froggy is on an adventure to get a bike. Froggy's Dad takes him to buy a bike. After a bike is chosen, Froggy's Dad takes him so that Froggy can learn. "I won't let go" Froggy's Dad promises over and over, but he always lets Froggy go anyway. The sounds Froggy makes are fun to read aloud with a child.

For those familiar with the Accelerated Reader Program, this is a 2.1 level book.
Blakeley Norris
This is another Froggy book where Froggy gets a new bike and learns how to ride it. This would be cute around Christmas or around Birthdays if students mention that they want a new bike. It is also useful to teach a lesson on how to do learn to do something new and to encourage children that they can learn how to do new things and it might be hard at first, but to keep trying.
Madonna
I really enjoyed this book. Everything froggy did was a failure, but he ends up learning to ride his bike in the end. The kids were really attentive during the reading of this book because they were familiar with the froggy series and liked to hear about his new adventures. It's a good idea to have all the books from the series and introduce them to the children one by one.
Samantha
Dec 09, 2011 Samantha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: My Sister!!!!
Froggy's so funny!! He never once stops to think about what he's doing. He is just like most of the kids I've known. Froggy loves his bike...even though he only has one in his dreams! Then he finally gets one and wants to ride it and do all sorts of tricks.....but he hasn't even learned to ride yet!!!

When reading this book, I laughed just as much as Frogilina =)
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
The kiddo loves the Froggy books. We've read this one many times already.

Froggy gets his first bike, and needs to learn how to ride it. Lots of Oops moments (wouldn't be a Froggy book wthout those), but the kiddo thought it was funny and the right amount of silly. She's also really into riding bikes right now, so this works.
Matthew
In an odd way, this reminded me of my experience when I was learning to ride a bike. The most apparent similarity was the way Froggy's father insisted that he wouldn't let go, only to let go each and every time. This wasn't a great trust building experience for me, and I imagine it wasn't that reassuring for Froggy either.
Hannah
PB 32
I really didn't like this book. I feel like this book was written for children and therefore feels overly simplified. The story pulls too many "kid" elements that would possibly attract their attention, but overall it makes it feel like a story without much heart. The characters are dull and unmemorable.
Shelley
Excellent -- our toddler loves these Froggy books; they are very conducive to emphasizing the bonding relationship between parents (family members) and their children; the words in the discussions are also illustrated in the book, encouraging children to associate letters and words with their significance...
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 107353 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV
Deborah Harris
This is a fun book full of sound words. Froggy gets a new bike with a horn and a bell. Froggy is learning to ride. Kids love this story. We used it as a jumping off place for predictions.
Alexandria
Dec 09, 2011 Alexandria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children who like or love Froggy and to those who love to read.
Shelves: picture-books
Froggy loves his bike. That his dad bought for him. At first Froggy falls and his dad lets go. Froggy tries it again. Again his dad lets go, but Froggy doesn't fall.
Carol
Jonathan London's Froggy books are always a fun read-aloud. This one was particularly enjoyable for us as my son is learning to ride his bike without training wheels.
James B
It's a bummer that Froggy acts spoiled and demanding... and that Froggy's dad repeatedly lies to Froggy.
Sue
What another wonderful Froggy book - very appropriate as my nephew will be getting a bike for Christmas
Michelle Higgins
Froggy Rides a Bike is a great book for making connections. Primary students really enjoy the Froggy series.
Joan
Colin picked this out at the book fair at Aunt Lorie's library. Good "keep trying" story.
Sonia Reppe
Lindsey says: makes me want to get more froggy books. ps i love it.
Amelia
the dad is deceptive about letting go. i don't like it.
Marinda
I didn't like that the dad always lied. Not my style.
Becky
Another great Froggy... book! Wonderful illustrations!
Dona
Fun and cute like the froggy books always are.
Ian
Ian added it
Jul 18, 2014
  • Alphabet Rescue
  • Curious George in the Snow
  • What Mommies Do Best / What Daddies Do Best
  • Franklin Wants a Pet
  • Little Quack's Hide and Seek
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Henry and Mudge and Annie's Perfect Pet (Henry and Mudge, #20)
  • There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick!
  • Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep
  • Arthur's Pet Business (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Manana, Iguana
  • Every Cowgirl Needs a Horse
  • Pinocchio and His Puppet Show Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • Big Chickens
  • What Moms Can't Do
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...
Froggy Gets Dressed Froggy Goes to School Froggy Learns to Swim Froggy's First Kiss Froggy's Sleepover