Start by marking “Froggy's Sleepover” as Want to Read:
Froggy's Sleepover

Froggy's Sleepover (Froggy)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  593 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Froggy is sleeping over at Max’s house for the first time! He packs his sleeping bag, his pillow, his pajamas, and even his toothbrush. Now, he’s ready to flop flop flop off to Max’s house. But then Froggy decides it would be a good idea to go back to his own house. So off they go—shloop! Then Max gets a tummy ache and wants to go back to his own house. So off they go—shlo ...more
Published February 15th 2007 by Puffin Books (first published February 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Froggy's Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy's Sleepover

Kari
Jun 22, 2008 Kari rated it liked it
These arent my favorite series, but my daughter enjoys them.
Jasmine Robinson
Sep 04, 2013 Jasmine Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-books
Froggy's sleepover is about a little frog who is so excited for his first sleepover at his friend, Max's house. Froggy gets all of things together later that day and goes to Max's house. During the sleepover, Max wanted to tell scary stories, but Froggy became afraid and decided they should go back to his house for the sleepover instead. So they went to Froggy's house. Late that night, Max's stomach begins to hurt, so they pack their things and head back to Max's house. Back and Forth the two fr ...more
Patricia
Dec 19, 2011 Patricia rated it liked it
Shelves: children-picture
Spencer Moser
Froggy's Sleepover is about Froggy who is at a sleepover with his beaver friend. Froggy and Beaver can't decide on whose house they will stay at because they get frightened by each other's dark and unknown house. They eventually pick which house to stay at by the time the sun comes up and then they sleep through the day. This book doesn't really teach a lesson to the kids but to the parents I think it teaches them to have your child make a decision then go through with it. Not to let them keep g ...more
Heather
Mar 13, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
The Froggy books are fun to read. They each have some great onomatopoeia, and stories kids can relate to.
Laura Peterson michals
Mar 09, 2016 Laura Peterson michals rated it it was amazing
I luv this series! I used to read with my son and he loved all the zut zip noises I'd make.
Amber Lewis
This book is an enjoyable read. Froggy is going on his first sleepover at his friend Max's house, and that is the beginning of a long night for these two friends. They wind up spending much of the night traveling back and forth between each other's homes. I love how the author Jonathan London used onomatopoeias throughout the text, such as "sloof, flop, shlump, floof, and slam" to further illustrate what is going on and engage the readers in the text. It can be used in a 2nd or 3rd grade classro ...more
Mallory
May 30, 2014 Mallory rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Anxiety about sleepovers. Cute. Nothing earth shattering.
Megan
Jan 21, 2011 Megan rated it liked it
This book is about how Froggy has his first sleepover with his friend Max. Froggy gets ready and gathers up all the things he needs for a sleepover. But he forgets some important things and his mother has to remind him. He finally gets to Max's house and they have a lot of fun, until Max tells a scary story that scares Froggy and so they both pack up and head to Froggies house to sleep there. Then Max has a tummy ache and they both go back to Max's house and back and forth and on and on. Until t ...more
Salima Hart
This story is about Froggy going to his first sleepover. Froggy is so excited to sleep over his friends house, but doesn't realize how scary and uncomfortable it can be to be away from home. He thinks of a way to head back home by using the excuse that his mother makes great popcorn. It isn't long before his friend gets homesick and thinks of a reason to go back to his house. The boys go back and forth between houses until they finally fall asleep the next morning. I wasn't a huge fan of this st ...more
Cheyenne
Froggy goes on a sleepover. They go back and forth between their houses.
babyhippoface
Feb 22, 2008 babyhippoface rated it liked it
Froggy is excited about his first sleepover at friend Max’s house until bedtime, when shadows and scary sounds make him homesick. Typical Froggy fare, the text includes the expected onomatopoeia (flop flop flop, schloop) and scenes of Mother calling out reminders to the forgetful amphibian. There’s nothing new here, but fans will recognize their own fears in Froggy and Max and will smile at their silliness. Brightly colored illustrations add to the fun. Follow up a read-aloud session with a clas ...more
Rachelolivia
Jun 02, 2015 Rachelolivia marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
II
Nicole Bergen
Sep 21, 2014 Nicole Bergen rated it really liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
I remember reading this book as a child!
Wickedshizuku
Nov 19, 2012 Wickedshizuku rated it liked it
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: my son
Cute little situation that honestly disturbed me. I can't say that even I would allow this madness. My kids have asked several times if they could do this, and the thing is I have never met their parents and they haven't made the attempt to contact me; about said sleepovers. As a parent I would only that my kids would go to a trusted friends house, one where I trust their parents. All in all I'm just rambling so carry on with your night.
Spooky Readings.
Lacey
Apr 06, 2016 Lacey rated it it was amazing
Back and forth back and forth....I hope once my daughter gets to the age for sleepovers it's not like this. Lol
Melissa Sommer
Sep 26, 2011 Melissa Sommer rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This book is about Froggie and his friend who want to have a sleepover. They both want to stay at each others houses, but neither of them want to leave their own house. They go back and forth dragging their belongings to each house until they decide to fall asleep at 9am. I thought this book was good and related to young children very well because young children get homesick a lot.
Michelle King
Apr 10, 2011 Michelle King rated it really liked it
Froggy's Sleepover is a good book.The book is about 2 friends both afraid to spend the night away from home. They spend the night traveling back and forth from one house to the next. A great book to read and discuss with your students about sleepover. I am sure they will all be able to make a personal connection to this one.
Amy Olson
Apr 08, 2011 Amy Olson rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
This book will be fun to share with young students because they might be experiencing sleep-overs with new friends so they could easily relate to this book. All of the froggy books can be used to make text to text connections. To extend this book try using it for author studies!.
Matt
Aug 05, 2008 Matt rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens
My girls must have picked up a fondness for 'Froggy' from daycare. They like the story with its simple onomatopoeia. Normally, I'm all for things that make a story fun to tell, but there just isn't much here to hold my interest.

They like the stories. :)

I don't. :(
Jen
Jan 09, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
Gotta love the Froooooooooooogyyyyyy books!
Samantha
Dec 21, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
A cute book in which Froggy is going to have a sleepover at his friend Max's house. After a series of kid size problems, Froggy and Max eventually fall asleep. Poor parents! A good book to prepare any child for their first sleepover. =)
Christina Camp
Nov 01, 2012 Christina Camp rated it really liked it
Shelves: froggy, friends
This book is great for students because they are learning about making friends and how to act. Froggy ends up being scared when he goes to spend the night with someone and many kids are able to relate to that and realize that it's okay.
Maria
Jul 16, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book

Froggy goes over to his friend's house for a sleepover, but he gets scared with ghost stories so they go back to his house. They keep going back and forth for various things, until they fall asleep at sun-up.
Lisa
Apr 24, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
Both Froggy and his friend are afraid of spending the night away from home. They spend the night traveling back and forth from one house to the next. A great book to read and discuss with your child about staying away from home.
Betsy
Another great "Froggy" book. Students could discuss confronting the fears of sleeping somewhere other than their own home. Could also be used to teach onamotopeias and how to be a good friend. Grades K through 2nd.
Janet
May 17, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
Fun book from the Froggy series read with a 2nd grader. We both enjoyed the book. The book incorporates humor with the reality of both characters being afraid when sleeping over at each other's house.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Nov 20, 2011 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: series, friendship
Groggy books were growing on me. Both of my kids love them, but this one was disappointing in that the Froggy and his friend go back and forth all night. Not my favorite, but my kids love it, so 3 stars.
Alexandria
Dec 09, 2011 Alexandria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: My Mom and my Sister
Recommended to Alexandria by: Myself
Froggy and Max are so funny!!! Froggy and Max move back and forth for everything, because Froggy and Max get hungry and thirsty and, because they feel comfortable at their own house.
Thao
Apr 24, 2013 Thao rated it really liked it

- This book is great for forming predictions
- This book is great for teaching onomatopoeia
- This book is great for students to learn about making friends
- Grades k-2
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Books!
  • Oliver
  • Come Along, Daisy!
  • Mind Your Manners, B.B. Wolf
  • Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed
  • What Moms Can't Do
  • Down by the Cool of the Pool
  • ABC ZooBorns!
  • Tacky in Trouble
  • A Kiss Goodbye  (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #3)
  • Stop, Drop, and Roll: A Jessica Worries Book: Fire Safety
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill
  • Alphabet Rescue
  • Mogie: The Heart of the House
  • Leo the Lop Tail Four
  • Snakes! (National Geographic Readers)
  • The Jellybeans and the Big Dance
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Gets Dressed