Start by marking “NOT A BOOK: What the (Bleep) Just Happened?: The Happy Warrior's Guide to the Great American Comeback” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
NOT A BOOK: What the (...

NOT A BOOK

In this funny, fast-paced, razor-sharp, well-reasoned, and supremely savvy critique of the state of our union under the disastrous reign of Barack Obama, bestselling author, Fox News contributor, syndicated columnist, and popular radio host Monica Crowley asks (and answers) the pressing question: What the @$%& has happened to America? “The Happy Warrior’s Guide to the ...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Broadside Books (first published June 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about NOT A BOOK, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NOT A BOOK

Edward Drake
Jul 11, 2012 Edward Drake rated it did not like it
God, this book was terrible. It's like she made a transcript of her radio show, stuffed it into a hardcover binding and somehow managed to get it published. The book itself is just mindless drivel, with plenty of reference to those "Liberal Socialist Communists". Furthermore, the author's arguments are nonsensical. Yes, everyone, President Obama is supposed to fix an economy that's the worst it's been since the Great Depression in just four short years, all while having to deal with John Boehner ...more
Xeburnout
Jul 13, 2012 Xeburnout rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Dr. Crowley's style is substantive, funny, and timely. Did I mention funny? She goes through the disaster of the last few years and really breaks it down in a way that doesn't feel like she's just bashing a political opponent or just carping on policies she doesn't like. It takes you through issues and explains how the America as we have know it has been practically shoved off a cliff, and wondering What the [expletive deleted] Just Happened?

The best part of the book is actually
W. Whalin
Jan 20, 2017 W. Whalin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book is Filled with Unique Political Insights

Over the last eight years I’ve watched the Obama presidency and not fully understood their agenda or intentions. As someone with a long-term interest in politics, I found WHAT THE (BLEEP) JUST HAPPENED? fascinating and well worth hearing. I listened to the audio version of this book and heard it cover to cover.

Monica Crowley shows the hidden agenda of Barak Obama and explains the leftist agenda in enlightening detail. It is one of the best books
Ivan Soto
Aug 14, 2012 Ivan Soto rated it liked it
The juvenile prose detracts from the message, which is largely right on target. The book spells out a strong opposition to the ways of the American Left and their penchant for wanting to transform America by entrenching dependency, increase political clientism, and look at the country as bad ass that needs to be reined in. I wish she wrote in a more sober, academic style. Her message would go over much more strongly. All in all, it was worth my time, even if I cringed often at her juvenile extre ...more
Rich
Jun 24, 2012 Rich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With her biting brand of humor, Crowley says it like it is. She goes right after the "kooks" of the far left without pulling any punches. A good analysis of what's happening in Washington today. This book is not for the faint of heart or fence-sitters...
Claire Nordness
Aug 28, 2012 Claire Nordness rated it did not like it
not for me...no desire to read further...only read the beginning..ugh!
Ed Wagemann
Is This Bitch Crazy???

Monica Crowley is among the clueless. When Bob Dylan sang, "You know there's something happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones?" he could have easily been singing about the modern day Ms. Crowley.
In her first book not about Tricky Dick Nixon, titled What The (Bleep) Just Happened, Ms. Crowley seems to be beholden to some bizarro 1950s idealized Conservative version of the American dream that only the most lame and most extreme of the Rush Limpballs and G
Keith
Oct 23, 2012 Keith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Americans
Recommended to Keith by: Flagstaff Public Library
Shelves: politics
Her book is better than I thought it would be. Part 1 quickly turns from moaning about how bad things are to talking about the "Happy Warrior." "Anger, however, can only take a cause so far. It's largely a destructive force." (Page 30) All right, I think I am going to like this book. ... As of page 214 the happy warrior is still missing, the book is still going on about the deliberate destruction of America.

"The greatest snake charmer that ever existed. Fidel Castro on Obama, 2010" (Page 32)
"Why
Malin Friess
Jan 15, 2013 Malin Friess rated it really liked it
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury....from that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury...with the results that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy...the average duration of the great civilizations is 200 years. (Tyler..history professor University of Edinburgh).

I've never listened to politic
David
Apr 24, 2013 David rated it really liked it
The one thing that really stood out, to me, and documented in this book, compared to similar books I've read is the fact that Obama actually WANTS the economy to fail and the country to go bankrupt in, order to facilitate "a fundamental change to our country and economy". There is no other explanation for his reckless Socialist, un-American behavior. It is all by design; he is following the playbook, "Rules For Radicals" to the letter. Anyone who honestly takes a look at who Obama has surrounded ...more
Don Weidinger
May 17, 2015 Don Weidinger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absurdistan, flood of maniac proposals, internal threat, freedom of individual, declaration of dependence, 68 dems ditch left, Axlerod 2 americas cult, Clinton seduction, boring termites for radical change, break free founders constraints, regular americans are target, very expensive divorce looms, as Roosevelt cartoon on spending wildly, compromise typically to bad deal, useful idiots occupy wall street crowd, election spenders first unions-dems-teachers-state unions, unions demand 15% more wag ...more
Frank
Aug 05, 2012 Frank rated it it was amazing
Dr Crowley's book is a comprehensive look at what has been done to America over the past few years. The author outlines the transformation of the Democratic Party over the past several decades and how that set the stage for the present. Using humor and a positive mindset, she outlines ways we can begin to take our country back, returning America to its historic greatness and our Constitutional freedoms that seem to face new challenges on a daily basis.
Robert Core
Mar 27, 2013 Robert Core rated it it was amazing
More excoriation of liberal policies - this time with a blissful entreaty of how good life would be if we only followed the conservative principles laid out by Dr. Crowley. She was a Nixon biographer so she really knows her stuff!
Dave Jones
Jun 24, 2012 Dave Jones rated it liked it
Yet another rehash of the sins of President Obama and his administration. She tries too hard to be funny. Small doses are ok but after 361 pages, it was getting old.
Steve
Jan 13, 2014 Steve rated it liked it
Caustic, but well informed. Rallies those who already agree but will not add anything significant to the discussion because of its light hearted ad hominem.
Jim
Oct 31, 2012 Jim rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jim by: TV
Very good reading...I will read more by Monica Crowley and will probably read this book again.
Marty
Sep 22, 2012 Marty rated it it was ok
While the author has important things to say, she detracts from her message by poorly placed jokes without transition between fact and joke.
Patty Mauf
Aug 01, 2013 Patty Mauf rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish it, which is rare for me.
Gwendolyn
Aug 03, 2012 Gwendolyn rated it it was amazing
It made me laugh while scaring me at the same time! A great read for those who truly want to know what Obama is really doing to our country.
Sabrina
Oct 08, 2012 Sabrina rated it liked it
I am a registered Republican but found some of the language used in this book to describe people who disagree with me politically - well, unacceptable.
Donita
Aug 18, 2012 Donita added it
Great look into Obama's past and the people who influenced him and how it is directly affecting the US in how he leads.
Sue Boros
Sep 04, 2012 Sue Boros rated it it was amazing
well for everyone that's been sleeping these past few years this is a MUST read
Sara
Sep 23, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: political
Very funny and informative. Do not read if you want to ignore the facts of President Obamas leadership.

Lee
Oct 22, 2013 Lee rated it it was ok
Shelves: political-books
Monica Crowley’s take on the Obama and Democratic Congress. Okay read but what you would expect from a Republican pundit.
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Matthew Rogue
Matthew Rogue rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2012
Joshua Brotherton
Joshua Brotherton rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2013
Andrea Thompson
Andrea Thompson rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Scott Ivlow
Scott Ivlow rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama's War on the Republic
  • Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
  • The Tempting of America
  • 1999: Victory Without War
  • Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath
  • The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America
  • The Autobiography of Calvin Coolidge
  • Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
  • Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat: The Great Speeches
  • The Shadow Party: How George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Sixties Radicals Seized Control of the Democratic Party
  • The Roots of Obama's Rage
  • Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 Reported by James Madison
  • Magna Carta
  • The Nature of the Judicial Process
  • The Path of the Law (Little Books of Wisdom)
  • Theodore Roosevelt: Letters and Speeches
  • Arrogance: Rescuing America From The Media Elite
  • No, They Can't: Why Government Fails-But Individuals Succeed
This "author" was created to segregate those items which have ISBNs but are not actually books. For more information, see the manual and/or start a thread in the Librarians Group.

When an item which is not a book is imported via ISBN into Goodreads, it does no good to delete it: the item will only be re-imported as long as it remains on the feeder site. (Often these are book-related items which are
More about NOT A BOOK...