Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium

The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium (Berenstain Bears I Can Read)

A reading-skill bolstering story featuring the Berenstain Bears finds the family visiting an aquarium where the cubs look forward to learning about their favorite sea creatures, from penguins and seals to whales and dolphins.
Published April 10th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium

Jaime
Our Family loves all The Berenstain Bears books And normaly we give 4 stars, however I could not over look a huge mistake in this book. Typically they do a great job of educating your children but they goofed this time. They show a Killer Whale & a bottle nose looking dolphin In The same tank. Would never happen! They both have way different temps of there pool water, not to mention a killer whale would try to attack a dolphin like that. No way these two would ever perform a show together. I ...more
Cassandra Gelvin
More boring than a real aquarium.

Meh. Very boring story. It's just badly written. I was kind of hoping that Brother and Sister wouldn't get what they wanted at the end, like the attraction was closed or something, and they would have to deal with the fact that other animals are also cool. These kids are just a frigging pain. They're not very likable. I don't really have much to say about it. It basically says that nothing in the aquarium is interesting except the main show. That's what the kids
Margaret Chind
Huh, and I thought Little Critter: Going to the Sea Park was a field trip in a book. This Level 1 I can Read! Berenstain Bears early reader is spot on with my thoughts and memories of an aquarium/water-life park. Learn about different fish and ocean creatures. Find facts about them and encourage discussion and conversation. This is a fabulous family style early reader.

*Thanks to HarperCollins Children's for providing a copy for review.*

scheduled: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...
Cameron
Though it was a bit odd to see "Honey Bear", since she didn't exist in this series when I was a child, this was actually a decent story. However, it lacked any true depth. It is one of those stories that didn't offer some moral. Instead, it is a simple adventure in which the family takes a trip to the aquarium. It does a good job displaying some of the things young children can expect to see if they should visit an aquarium.
Rosa Cline
Aug 14, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This is a level 1 book with repetitive words within the story, but not written where it's boring. It's also fun to learn about the various fish and things that live in the ocean as the bear family goes to the aquarium...even explaining what an aquarium is when Sister asks. Nice beginning book for children to learn by
Shelli
May 16, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A little bit longer for an early reader level 1 than most level one books. Still a good read for those young readers to build up reading confidence and fluency. Lots of colorful pictures to help the reader figure out some of the more challenging words. So many wonderful sea creatures to see at the Aquarium the Berenstain Bears have a hard time deciding what to look at first.
Mia Morrison
May 23, 2016 Mia Morrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale from a different age, though my child greatly enjoyed it and its pictures. The bears take a trip to the aquarium where they see creatures of all sorts who live in and around the water. Featuring the highlights of their journey and a whale/dolphin show this book is a great addition to a classic library.
Krista Mcdowell
Dec 02, 2012 Krista Mcdowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute book about the aquarium. It talked about all the cool animals and in the pictures exaggerated others. students would like this book because they either can relate or would want to learn more about the animals. I love the Bernstain Bears and all their books because I can always relate to them.
Nicole
Apr 09, 2016 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I didn't feel The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium had enough substance to grab a young reader's attention. The sentences are repetitive in a way that makes what is being said vague and difficult to follow.
Christine
Oct 02, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your time, Jan and Mike Berenstain have completely ruined the series.
Whitney
Jul 08, 2014 Whitney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-toddler
One of C's favorites.
Nov 09, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
This is a cute book about the aquarium. I love that they had a wonderful day.
Ella
Ella rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
~*mandy*~
~*mandy*~ rated it really liked it
May 14, 2017
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Jonah
Jonah rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Maxwell Peter
Maxwell Peter rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
K.
K. rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Jenni Schell
Jenni Schell rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
E
O
SM
Kosta
Kosta rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Carey
Carey rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
Lisaforabw Wiley
Lisaforabw Wiley rated it liked it
May 05, 2017
Crystal Lemon
Crystal Lemon rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Nathan and Colin
Nathan and Colin rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Alise Zaffiri
Alise Zaffiri rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2017
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Pinkerrific Playdate
  • Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • Diary of a Worm: Teacher's Pet (I Can Read!, Level 1)
  • Dinosaur Time
  • A Picture for Harold's Room
  • Morris the Moose
  • Oscar Otter
  • Fred and Ted like to fly (Beginner Books)
  • Splat the Cat with a Bang and a Clang
  • A Green, Green Garden
  • Dixie
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Oliver
More about Jan Berenstain...

Berenstain Bears I Can Read (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Berenstain Bears Down on the Farm (I Can Read Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wishing Star
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Pup (I Can Read Book Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears Clean House
  • The Berenstain Bears' Seashore Treasure
  • The Berenstain Bears Out West
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Kitten
  • The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover (I Can Read Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Family Reunion (I Can Read Level 1)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Class Trip