Start by marking “Pinkalicious: Soccer Star” as Want to Read:
Pinkalicious: Soccer Star

Pinkalicious: Soccer Star (Pinkalicious)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  207 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Pinkalicious and her soccer team, the Pinksters, are ready for their first soccer match! When their opponents, the Ravens, show up, they make fun of the Pinksters' pink soccer ball. The ball gets kicked off the field, forcing Pinkalicious to chase after it. Pinkalicious' unicorn Goldilicious just happens to be waiting for her in the crowd and sweeps up Pinkalicious for a p ...more
Published May 29th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Pinkalicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinkalicious

T.
Nov 13, 2012 T. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books
I didn't care for this book. I know most I Can Read Books are dull, but the story just didn't make sense. I felt like the author was pulling out ideas out of a hat and added them all into the story. My son liked it.
Margaret
As we have started getting more and more early readers I have been looking forward to reading Pinkalicious and now we can jump into our first one. We will have to go back to the original Pinkalicious book as well as the early readers. This is a fun girlie, yet athletic book where the Pinksters and the Ravens have a soccer match. Watching what could be an esteem killer turns into a springboard for imagination and a worldwide adventure!

*Thanks to HC*

ETA: Will be included in the Pinkalicious: The
Emma D.
Jun 23, 2015 Emma D. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I though that the best part was when pinkalicious scores the last goal and her tean wins
Mona
Aug 14, 2015 Mona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My 8yo read and loved these and I love that my 5 yo is enjoying them just as much!
Wooden Horse
Tricky me. I read this book first to the little guy because if I read the train books first he would never sit for a book that was pink. He does play soccer though so he was intrigued by that part of the story line. I liked that Pinkalicious traveled the world to retrieve the soccer ball and learned a few phrases in the various languages she encountered. It was also pretty cool that she did all of this on a unicorn.
Angela
Oct 20, 2012 Angela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I don't like Pinkalicious. This particular book is very weird. In the middle of a soccer game, "Pink"'s unicorn shows up and takes her on a world tour. Then she kicks a winning goal.

The book seems to imply that girls who don't like pink, or who prefer black, are going to be mean. I don't like that either.
Holly Letson
Sep 03, 2012 Holly Letson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pink and Soccer? Normally, these things would not mix. But, in Pinkalicious's world, anything goes as long as it involves the color pink.
Erin
May 31, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ella-read
Disliked the bullying, but liked the world traveling. My daughter loved reading it aloud and learned some fun new words.
Gail
Aug 10, 2012 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Really only makes sense if your kid has played team sports- which my four year old has not yet. But I do like these books.
Conni Strittmatter
May 31, 2012 Conni Strittmatter rated it really liked it
Definitely some challenging words, but a cute story for kids who like soccer, pink, unicorns, etc!
Katie
Oct 06, 2012 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
preordered amazon.
PWRL
Jul 22, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
OceanGirl
OceanGirl rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2016
Kris
Kris added it
Jun 28, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Eunjoo Lee
Eunjoo Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
F.
F. marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2016
Cathy
Cathy added it
Jun 15, 2016
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Tawnia
Tawnia rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2016
Julie Lewis
Julie Lewis rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Jennifer Foeller
Jennifer Foeller rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
  • Fancy Nancy: Too Many Tutus (I Can Read, Level1)
  • Amelia Bedelia Hits the Trail
  • Biscuit in the Garden
  • Splat the Cat: The Name of the Game
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • Oliver
  • Dinosaur Time
Victoria Kann is the award-winning illustrator and author of the picture book series featuring the whimsical and effervescent character Pinkalicious. Victoria coauthored and illustrated the first two books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious. In addition, she cowrote Pinkalicious: The Musical and wrote and illustrated the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goldilicious and Silverlicious. Currently she is wor ...more
More about Victoria Kann...

Pinkalicious (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Pinkalicious