Start by marking “Gilbert and the Lost Tooth” as Want to Read:
Gilbert and the Lost Tooth

Gilbert and the Lost Tooth (Gilbert and Friends)

Who lost a tooth?

Gilbert's tooth is wiggly and loose all through spelling and lunch. Then he scores a run in kickball and—BAM!—his tooth is knocked right out of his mouth! Gilbert is so excited that the tooth fairy will be visiting. But Lewis is jealous of Gilbert's lost tooth and comes up with a sneaky plan. Will the tooth fairy fall for Lewis's trick?
Published May 15th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Gilbert and the Lost Tooth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gilbert and the Lost Tooth

Brittany Martin
Mar 31, 2016 Brittany Martin rated it it was ok
Everyone is beginning to lose their baby teeth, that is, except for Gilbert and Lewis. Gilbert's tooth is loose, but it just doesn't seem to want to come out. One day, as Gilbert was playing kickball, he slipped and fell, knocking his tooth out. Gilbert is so excited that he doesn't notice the hole in the pocket that he slipped his tooth into. That's when Lewis finds Gilbert's tooth and takes it home. Lewis thinks that if he puts Gilbert's tooth under his pillow then he will get a visit from the ...more
Lexus Beedy
Personal reaction:
I loved Gilbert and the Lost Tooth and kids will love it too! It has a great storyline and illustrations. I will definitely recommend it to my students.

Purpose:
Gilbert and the Lost Tooth would be appropriate as a read aloud for children aged 4-6. This book could be read when the first student in your class loses a tooth. While reading this book, I made a list of things that could be incorporated into a lesson such as: characters, dialogue, personification, problem solving, idi
John Kerry
Feb 14, 2016 John Kerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book strikes home as my children have frequently lost a tooth that has fallen out. I am pretty sure that this in fact is something most families have to deal with, given that our local elementary school actually has plastic cases that hang around the neck that children can put their fallen out teeth into. If you have children who are at the stage of losing their teeth then I suggest getting this book and put it away until a tooth has fallen out and gotten lost so then bring it out as a bedt ...more
Elines Flores
This is good for those readers at the beginning stages of transitioning into chapter books. This easy reader includes three short chapters and colorful half and full page illustrations. Being a book about losing teeth, the interest level is high among children for they are also losing their baby teeth.
Yapha
Aug 27, 2014 Yapha rated it really liked it
Lewis is having a harder time than usual. Everybody is loosing teeth but him! When he finds a lost tooth on the ground and turns it into the Tooth Fairy, the result is not what he expected. Most kindergartners and first graders will be able to relate to this Level 2 easy reader.
Pat (Get Kids to Read) Tierney
Gilbert and the Lost Tooth
Diane deGroat
Harper
2012
Early Reader
K-2

This review and more like it can be found on Get Kids to Read. http://www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

Gilbert and the Lost Tooth is an early reader about Gilbert loosing his tooth. It falls out when he was playing kickball. When it falls out of both his mouth and pocket, Lewis picks it off the ground and tries to trick the tooth fairy. Overall, I thought this was a good book for an early reader. It is perfect for what it tries to be, ther
Margaret Chind
This is a great early reader/first chapter book (three chapters). The plot is cute and appropriate for both a younger sibling toddler and older young child to appreciate as well. The moral lesson is there as well. This one is perfect for anytime and especially for loose tooth time!

Thanks to HC.

posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...
Emorie
This book is about a little boy named Gilbert who loses his tooth, and then loses it...I mean REALLY loses it. Everything works out in the end! This is a book for students who can read with help. It has engaging stories, longer sentences, and language play for developing readers.
Kimberly Hill
Mar 17, 2013 Kimberly Hill rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-taylor
Read this to Taylor tonight. Maybe a half an hour later he's eating an apple.... and had his loose tooth fall out! We searched, but weren't able to find the tooth. Luckily we learned that we could write the Tooth Fairy a note & we'd be okay. Whew!
Slytano
Feb 27, 2013 Slytano rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader
THERE IS A TOOTH CONSPIRACY AT GILBERT’S SCHOOL. I got so anxious reading this book wondering if the tooth fairy would be suckered into giving away free money to a hedgehog with all of his teeth. This easy reader is fun and nerve-racking.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Gilbert finally loses a tooth, but this time he really lost it too! He is worried the tooth fairy won't believe him and she won't leave him money. But he writes her a note and she figures it out. In the end Gilbert get's his money!
Anna
Feb 18, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
My 5 year old son just lost his first teeth so he was really interested in this story. A cute story that allows for teachable moments, especially about honesty, being a supportive friend, and jealousy.
Karen Arendt
I share Gilbert's picture book stories all year with my first graders. This will be a welcome addition for them to read on their own, plus teachers will enjoy sharing it in the classroom.
Katie Shaw
Apr 27, 2013 Katie Shaw rated it really liked it
Such a great book! Gilbert loses his tooth, and then he loses his tooth! This would be a great book to use during a guided reading lesson. It would also easily keep the students engaged.
Hannah Sheffield
This book would be great to read to children who are beginning to lose their teeth. It could also be a great book for a reading group.
Maria Kiguthi
Jun 13, 2013 Maria Kiguthi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son (7) read this out loud very quickly. He said if he lost a tooth like Gilbert he would be so sad.
Beverly
Sep 26, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
A beginning reader that can make me laugh is a rare gem.
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Amelia
Amelia added it
Sep 03, 2016
Nikole
Nikole rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Ben Stoker
Ben Stoker rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Laura Cope
Laura Cope marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Sandra
Sandra added it
Mar 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Gilbert and Friends (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • We Gather Together...Now Please Get Lost!
  • Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet
  • Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink
  • No More Pencils, No More Books, No More Teacher's Dirty Looks!
  • Mother, You're the Best! (But Sister, You're a Pest!)
  • Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
  • Last One in Is a Rotten Egg!
  • Jingle Bells, Homework Smells
  • Happy Birthday to You, You Belong in a Zoo
  • Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bedbugs Bite!