Start by marking “Concisus (Verita, #2)” as Want to Read:
Concisus (Verita, #2)

Concisus (Verita #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Against all odds Brett and Ryan found their way back to the base. But it’s not quite the homecoming they envisioned. Their friends are all love struck and Dr. Brant’s seems intent on making their life miserable.
ebook
Published March 26th 2012 (first published March 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Concisus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concisus

Insurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutClockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Best Young Adult Books of 2012
18th out of 132 books — 141 voters
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareThe Selection by Kiera CassFinale by Becca FitzpatrickRapture by Lauren KateFlutter by Melissa Andrea
Best YA Covers for 2012
170th out of 466 books — 1,558 voters

More lists with this book...

Lee Lee
I like that these books don't end in cliffhangers. I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. After reading this book, I'm still looking forward to the next one, but I'm not ripping my hair out.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I received this as a gift from the author but this does not affect my review.

Concisus is the second book in the Verita series by Tracy Rozzlynn. The story takes off from where the first one left off. Brett, our fearless protagonist, and her love interest Ryan have made it back safely back to civilization. Little do they expect the hostile reception and the long quarantine that meets them when they arrive. As the book progresses, we realize this is just the first mystery to present itself and the
Lidia
Just finished book 2. Book 1 ended well and so I was eager to see the resolutions in book 2. (in fact I bought and started it immediately) It was satisfying although some resolutions seemed a bit too easy. (Although, to be honest, I prefer less drama and more "yay things are going right for a change!" lol) I appreciated every time that Brett gets into trouble for some initiative because let's face it, no matter how well intentioned we are, we don't get off without punishment when rules are broke ...more
Cassandra (The Book & Movie Dimension blogger)
--Full, non-spoiler review courtesy at Book & Movie Dimension a Blog--

In Verita, we encountered a new planet along with Brett who found out about certain secret plots with the colonization of the new planet-Verita. Now in Concius, we get to see Brett start to take action against the authority in her settlement. Things don't always go as planned and quite a few people get hurt. Brett soon becomes embroiled in many problems and finally finds that maybe stopping secret plots from occuring like
Kelly Johnston
I really enjoyed coming back to this story and these characters. They are all so easy to like:) The story line picked up exactly where it left off and just kept going. The only thing I would say I would have liked to see is a little more tie back to the first. Either a quick update for readers picking it up after a while from reading the first. Or just some reminders on the background. I know its a sequel and you typically have read the first before picking up book 2 it just seemed strange to no ...more
JJBMocha
Reading this series feels like watching Spielberg's movie. What I didn't like is that it was longer than it should be and it bothered me that Brett forgave Ryan to easily and there was no real remorse from him...at least it wasn't obvious. Otherwise I enjoyed the book, enjoyed reading about Brett, how mature she is. I am definitely buying the next book in the series.
Kelly
May 01, 2012 Kelly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Loved, loved Verita.... but this is just a tangled, tedious mess. Too many characters, too many repeating situations (How many times do we need to save a friends life by ignoring the rules?), too many storylines.

This could have/should have been 1/3 shorter, with 5 less characters, and 1 less plotline. Then, it would have been a strong 3 or 4 star review.
Mia
What a total waste of my time. It was a horrible disappointment compared to the first book. I kept waiting for something grand to happen but never did. There was hardly any romance and most of the time the main character was being an idiot. I'm pissed I even bothered. The author could have tried a little harder to write a story!!
Tricia
An excellent second part of the series, I really enjoyed it and read it in about a day. Although there are some typographical errors that make reading some parts a bit difficult, I was happy to look past them. A few slow parts towards the beginning, but still fast-paced and left me wanting more.
Lisa Kistler
I liked how the story moved along in this installment. I will say it just ends and well I would love more. I hope it won' t be long until book 3!
Cris Bergin
A great follow-up to the 1st in the Veritas Series! I can't wait for the next one....
Danette Cole
Really good story with likable characters. Look forward to the next one.
Vmnichols
i love these books :)
Stacy
This book was a great continuation of Verita, although I have two main complaints. First one is that I really don't understand the title at all. Most titles are pulled from the story somehow, but I just can't figure out at all how Concisus became the title. Second complaint is that the ending did not leave off on the cliffhanger that Verita left off on. I think that it meant to have a cliffhanger, but it simply did not have the impact that the first book did. I wish that the book was a little bi ...more
D.M. Dutcher
It still has some of the good qualities of the first book, but stumbles a bit more, with some of those good qualities working against it. Brett and Ryan have made it back to the colony. They are immediately quarantined, and they soon notice changes in everyone. Their wise adviser is now irritable and cranky. Her best friend is dating someone she is completely mismatched for, on the level of her romance with Brody from the first book. In fact everyone seems to be love-crazy. What is going on?

The
Janell Sutherland
This is a pretty creative YA sci-fi series. It's a new planet explored and maintained almost entirely by teenagers who were orphaned or abandoned on Earth and received subliminal training to do every job necessary. My main impression is that this plot moves fast. A lot happens, and the narrator, Brett, doesn't spend a lot of time in introspection. She has a crazy idea? She has friends with amazing abilities who make it happen. Time moves quickly, too, because these characters spend a lot of time ...more
Emily
This book picks up exactly where the first book ended and it has a pretty good pace. The “bigger plot” becomes much more evident in this book and plays a larger role. While I really love Brett as a character there were several times where I found her frustrating. There were also several times where I felt things were settled or wrapped up too easily. Despite my frustrations, I couldn’t put the book down. There is something about the writing that really sucked me in.

The ending was not as blunt of
Alexandra
Great continuation to the first book. Possibly even better. So much happened in this series and I want to read more!!! Amazing plot and characters. :)
Doreen
things really didn't turn up as well as they thought when they returned to base. brett found herself surrounded with lovestruck friends and suddenly everyone was paired up and getting married. brett had her own suspicions of this seemingly 'natural' relationships.
it is now up to brett to figure things out and get to the bottom of it. but at what cost? read on if you must know - (view spoiler)
Kate Copeseeley
Another enjoyable addition to this series. I think Rozzlynn has a gift that lets her get away with the most outlandish plot points imaginable (even for sci-fi) and yet still keeps me reading the entire way through. I do wish she had the benefit of a person who could help her hone her work more, but hopefully that will come with time anyway.

Definitely one of the better indies.
Lisa
Again... some minor issues... but I liked the characters and the story.
I really must wonder, though... what exactly is meant by biologist and botanist in this book? Seems like one of a few glaring issues.
Finished the book in short order, though :)
Kim
I really wanted to like this book b/c I really enjoyed the first book in the series...but this book seemed to typical of other #2 books in a series- kind of boring with not much plot. Hopefully something interesting happens in book #3.
An excellent sequel, this deepens the society that has been created on Verita as Brett struggles to re-integrate after having survived outside the compound with Ryan. Humanity also seems to be up to its old tricks as well.
Beth
Not nearly as good as the first book, Verita. This one seemed more simplistically written, or maybe it was just that I did not find the storyline as compelling and therefore focused on the writing style.
Morgan
I liked this book, not as much as the first though, some parts were a bit slow, but i look forward to the next book!
Leah
Took a little while to get used the writer's style, but now I want to see what happens! Where's book 3?!
Robin Hall
Just did not live up to the first book. It just did not pull me into the story.
CoreyAna
CoreyAna marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Apr 15, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Blood Double (God Wars, #1)
  • Trinity:  Heart of the Shifters (Denver Pack, #9)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Underground (Terrestrials, #2)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • Running Wild (Zombie Games, #2)
  • Panthan's Crucible (Panthan, #1)
  • Paradox (Travelers #2)
  • Dead Shifter Walking (The Succubus Executioner Book 1)
  • Dead of Night (The Youngbloods, #2)
  • Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • Call to Arms (War of the Fae, #2)
  • I Was An Alien Cat Toy
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Darkness Comes This Way (The Guardians of the Night, #1)
  • The Lawgivers: Gabriel
  • Through Time-Pursuit (Through Time, #1)
  • The Vanished (Blemished, #2)
Tracy Rozzlynn writes Science Fiction and Fantasy for Young Adults. She lives in New England with her young daughter and a variety of pets. She has a BA in English Literature from the University of Rhode Island.

Verita is her debut novel.
More about Tracy Rozzlynn...

Verita (2 books)
  • Verita (Verita, #1)
Verita (Verita, #1) Fast-Tracked (Fast-Track Trilogy, #1) Fast-Trapped (Fast-Track Trilogy, #2) Verita (Book 1 in the Verita Series) Fast-Tracked (Book 1 in the Fast-Track Triolgy)