Bell, Cook, and Candle (An Angie Amalfi Mystery #9)

Bell, Cook, and Candle (Angie Amalfi #9)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Angie's newest culinary venture, "Comical Cakes" seems to be a roaring success! There's nothing fun, however, about her homicide detective boyfriend Paavo Smith's latest case. He's investigating baffling murders that may be rooted in satanic ritual. And when Angie is called upon to deliver a humorous confection the to mysterious owner of a decadent after-hours Goth club, t...more
Published December 27th 2011 by Avon (first published January 1st 2002)

Text Addict
Maybe I'd like this book better if I'd read any of the previous ones, but as it is, I'm not invested in Angie's frenetic personality nor in Paavo's morbid fear of commitment, and the book doesn't do enough to convince me to like them - especially since the beginning catches Angie at a less-than-flattering time, when she gets in a major tiff with her best friend due to her own obliviousness.

And then there's the CREEPY! SATANIST! SERIAL KILLER!!! AIEEEE!

... Well, no, not so much. You'd think the a...more
Laura Dogsmom
I am not finding the main character, Angie Amalfi to be very likeable.
I feel sorry for her soon to be fiance and she does not treat anyone she deals with well. How she has such loyal friends is the real mystery.

This is a bit dark for a cozy mystery but there were some interesting plot twists. The story was OK enough that I did read a further book in this series.
Georgiann Hennelly
For once Angie Amalfi,s newest business venture seemed to be a success . But her boyfriend is investigating a series of baffling murders that may be rooted in satanic ritual. And when Angie gets an order for a cake from the goth clubs mysterious owner . she suddenly finds herself up to her neck in the demonic business.
Beth Revers
This is fairly far along int he series and it is very well done, with touches of the macabre, and almost a hint of paranormal. I think it has elements of cozy in it, but there is a bit too much violence and present gore to really qualify. It is one of those books hard to pigeonhole. I did enjoy it very much though.
Linda
I didn't really care for the beginning of this book but the end helped make up for it. Once again I thought Pence was going for a weird subject (although I realize vampires are in) to use for an Angie story. I really did enjoy the ending of this book and look forward to seeing what the next one holds.
Jess
Angie continually struggles with finding direction in life, especially direction that utilizes her considerable culinary skills. Comical Cakes combines her talents with her personality, bringing customers and praise along with difficulties in balancing her personal with her professional life.

Mary
Angie is finally getting her business on good footing, but it has come at a price. Can she continue this way or will things have to change.
Deb Sharp
Another great book :)
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jun 09, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
May 26, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Foodie
Foodie marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Connie
Connie added it
Apr 22, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Deb Saunders
Deb Saunders marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Cheryl Landmark
Cheryl Landmark marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Joanne Pence is a USA Today best-selling and award winning author of two mystery series, contemporary and historical romance, fantasy and thrillers. She is the author of the Angie Amalfi culinary mystery series, which is still in print after twenty years, and now has 15 books (the latest, COOKING SPIRITS was an April 2013 release), and a novella (Cook's Christmas Capers, Dec. 2013). She has just b...more
More about Joanne Pence...
Something's Cooking (Angie Amalfi, #1) Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2) Cooking Up Trouble (Angie Amalfi, #3) Cooking Most Deadly (Angie Amalfi, #4) Cooks Overboard (Angie Amalfi, #6)