Start by marking “Beach Colors” as Want to Read:
Beach Colors

Beach Colors

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,353 ratings  ·  167 reviews
While renowned designer Margaux Sullivan was presenting her highly praised collection during New York City's Fashion Week, her husband was cleaning out their bank account. A week after he disappeared, the bank foreclosed on Margaux's apartment and business.

Suddenly broke, betrayed, and humiliated, Margaux has nowhere else to turn to but home: the small coastal town of Cres
Published June 12th 2012 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Colors

Cindy
With a name like "Beach Colors", you can just about bet you have found a perfect beach read! And this book delivered on that score!! A woman taken to the cleaners by her psychotic ex goes back 'home' to the beach house she grew up in, reconnects with her old friends and even an old (kinda) flame who just happens to be the chief of police with the responsibility of raising his orphaned nephew whose living with his mother.
(view spoiler)
If I was driving up I-95 and saw a sign for Crescent Cove, I'd probably say, "There's a little dress shop there that makes clothes inspired by the sea and natural environment, let's stop. There's also a great place to get clam rolls, we can get lunch. It won't take long, and then we'll be on our way again to our destination." My companions would turn to me and say, "That sounds wonderful, and I can't wait to stretch my legs. Hope those clam rolls don't go straight to my hips!" We'd exchange sunn ...more
Ruth
Betrayal? Ambition? Desire? Commitment? Friendship? Love? This book has it all. In a lovely trip to the CT shore, we meet Margaux, an up and coming designer who has just been raked over the coals by her husband. Having lost all she owns and without any other place to go, she returns to her family summer home in Crescent Cove, CT. where she begins to heal and remember the good times of her youth. Reaching her dreams has always been a large part of her life, but as she struggles back to the top is ...more
Shelby N.
This was a decent book. I really liked parts of the story, but didn't care for the way the ending played out. It seemed rushed at the end. I didn't think the writing flowed well in some spots... Some sentences seemed awkwardly written. Overall it was a quick fun read though.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Margaux Sullivan is at the end of her rope. Once at the top of her game in the fashion world, creating breath-taking designs and clothes, her husband Louis, emptied the house, their bank account and her world when he left without saying anything. Now that she has her car and a little money left, she heads back to her childhood home, a beach front house in Crescent Cove, Connecticut. Just before she finally makes it to her retreat, red and blue flashing lights appear in her rearview mirror. This ...more
Jamie-leigh Haughn
This book had a promising start however it kind of fizzled out for me at the half way point. The romance happened very fast and seemed kind of random, I also found there wasn't much depth to the characters and the overall plot. It was an enjoyable read, however not the best.
Kevan Lyon
A wonderful story of friendship and love rediscovered. This is a book you can "sink into" and just enjoy. A perfect summer read -- I am a fan!
Elizabeth
A fun little beach read.
Rachael
Beach Colors was a book I downloaded for my Nook for some simple reading but was an easy, enjoyable read. The story begins with the main character Margaux Sullivan, a successful New York City fashion designer, heading home to the beach in Connecticut after finding out her husband stole everything she had. With no home, no job, no money and barely enough gas in her car to get her back to her mom and childhood friends in Crescent Cove, she sets off to figure out the next step in her life.

On her wa
Sharon Redfern
Margaux Sullivan returns home to Crescent Cove, CT after her marriage, fashion business, and her life in general, have gone down the tubes thanks to her scummy husband. Being stopped for speeding as she crosses the town line is not an auspicious beginning to her plan to start over.
Police Chief Nick Prescott realizes immediately that the out of state speeder he has stopped is the girl he had a major case of unrequited love for when he was younger and going off to college. His plan to teach at th
Missy
The book was disappointing. The author's characters had not depth to them, and used phrases to describe some of her characters disparagingly especially the description of the beautician. Using phrases such as “…from her accent she is from Brooklyn…” and “…people in New York are crass…” First of all New York is a State and New York City has five boroughs, one of them being Brooklyn. If the author wanted to intrigue her audience, she might have written “…her accent was a familiar one from one of f ...more
Tiffanie
Mags is a high powered fashion designer...That is til her husband Louis takes everything from her because he got a tip on a stock and he lost it all even costing mags her business. So her husband is on the run she loses her business her home everything and she returns to her childhood vacation home in the cove.
There she reconnects with long lost friends that she once was inseperable from. And she meets a man who's careing for his nephew and his mom. His brother died in the war and he blames him
Denise  Covey
I love this novel where a New York City hotshot designer gets wiped out by her husband and has no choice but to return to the island of her youth where her mother still lives. There she becomes an object of interest of the local sheriff. Just when he's thinking of making a move, Margo's rat of a husband turns up and threatens her. It is one of those feel good stories where a group of friends pulls together and makes things happen for the heroine. Loved it.
Bette
Beach Colors is a romance novel. The story was pretty good, but the book does contain four letter words. I figured I could get past those and I did. I was about 3/4 the way through the book when the author threw in a descriptive sex scene. So, be warned if you are wanting to read this book.
The story is about a very successful fashion designer whose husband wipes out her bank accounts and ruins her business and then disappears, leaving her to find her way out of the mess.
She returns to her old
Julia
Margaux Sullivan is at the top of her game in NYC, her own fashion designs finally making a splash in couture circles. After her husband disappears with all her money, Margaux heads to the family beach home, site of both her mother and old friends. Things begin ominously when Margaux gets a traffic ticket upon arriving to town. The interim police chief, back in Crescent Cove to help his mother raise his nephew, recognizes Margaux from bygone summers. Margaux isn't likable for the entire story, b ...more
Megan
This one was okay. For a while, it seemed like it was really going to be a real novel, but then by the end, it was just the same corny stuff of every romance novel. I like a good love story, but this one just seemed a bit unbelievable, with the way she instantly healed the child in the story. I did like the broody cop love interest though.
Wendy
I picked this up at Target one day while out of town and really desperate for some reading material. Besides the cover drawing me in with it's beach theme, I could relate to the theme of courage in starting over, self re-discovery and of course a little romance woven in. But my favorite part turned out to be one of the characters, Connor, a little boy who's spirit has been crushed by unfortunate circumstances. He becomes one of the focal points of the book and is really what kept me interested. ...more
Virginia
A good summer beach read about a high-powered NYC fashion designer whose husband absconds with all her money, leaving her with nothing including her once-thriving business. She goes to her family's summer home to regroup and ends up, of course, falling in love with a man from her youth and his nephew, a boy damaged by the death of his father and by his mother's desertion. Is this great literature? Certainly not, but it is a good read.

One small annoyance. This novel is told in many points of view
Annie Burge
Ok summer read. I absolutely loved the beautiful descriptions of the nature-inspired fabrics and can still 'see' the creations. While I was intrigued with all the family issues, too many of the characters just didn't seem to ever become fully developed. Linda, however, was a hilarious exception! (Nook book at discount price)
 Gigi Ann
My Thoughts...

When I noticed this book, I thought, Oh! What a fun looking summer book to read. Well....I struggled all month trying to get this book read. I read two books before I finally decided I'm going to finish this book if it takes all the rest of the month of July and August to get it read. It just seemed to go on and on, never going anywhere, I thought it would never end. It said 286 pages but it seemed more like 1000 pages... It sure wasn't that fun summer read that I thought it was go
Kristi Fleming
"Beach Colors" is truly a great beach read. I think of it as Project Runway at Crescent Cove. There is love, heartache, friendship, hate and acceptance. This is an enjoyable read and for the most part a "happy" book.

Great characters - Your heart aches for both Nick and Connor and the current circumstance of their lives. Margaux and her life long friends are great support for one another, despite the years they've been apart and I loved Linda and her outgoing, brassy personality. Like I said "a
Deb DeArmond
Great Summer Read

Sweet story line, fun secondary characters to build interest in the community of Crescent Cove. A bit predictable, with the hoped for happy ending. Felt cheated a bit by the hurried final outcome - a bit too cliche, but an enjoyable vacation read.
Ann Miller
Sophie Moss
I loved everything about this book. Wonderful characters, a sweet storyline, a beautiful setting in a small town. I felt so much sympathy for Margaux and was rooting for her from the very first page. I love how the author weaved in all the past relationships and friendships from her childhood and how it's never too late to go home and start again. I loved Conner and Nick and felt that their relationship with Margaux was so authentic and sweet. I really enjoyed learning all the ins and outs of th ...more
Karen Cino
Well written book, full of emotion. The relationship between Margaux and Nick is passionate and full of flair and his nephew wasn't a complication but an addition for the power of love. I look forward to reading the rest of Shelly's books.
J B
This was okay but I could never really get into it. For me the details took me out of it....like for instance calling a Toyota a sports car or even having a Citroen in the story pulled me from it as it's not a common american car.
Darlene Payne
Very predictable, with every cliche from every romance novel somewhere to be found in this book. I was drawn to the story of Margaux reinventing herself after losing everything, but the story fell flat after a very short time.
Cheri L. Crockett
Very enjoyable

Great characters that, when this story ended, made me want to continue reading. I like this author and look forward to reading more of her books.
Ruth
This book is a great distraction from the boring aspects of our lives. "Beach Colors" has everything it needs to entertain; mystery, intrigue and romance.
Phoebe
This was a great beach read (hence the title). It's a feel good story about rediscovering oneself and making your dreams come true, even if there are unexpected twists and turns.
  • Monarch Beach
  • The Guest House
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • The Beach House (The Beach House #1)
  • One Good Friend Deserves Another
  • Summer Breeze
  • Mother of the Bride
  • The View From Here
  • The Cottage At Glass Beach
  • Happiness Key (Happiness Key Series, #1)
  • Wallflower in Bloom
  • Grounded
Shelley Noble is a multi published fiction author whose books have been translated into seven languages. She writes women’s fiction as Shelley Noble and is also the author of several amateur sleuth mystery series, written as Shelley Freydont.

A former professional dancer and choreographer, she most recently worked on the films, Mona Lisa Smile and The Game Plan. She also consults on various dance a
More about Shelley Noble...
Stargazey Point Breakwater Bay Whisper Beach Holidays at Crescent Cove Stargazey Nights

“Life was about loss. One minute standing on the promise of your dreams, then free-falling backward into nothingness. Is this what it meant to grow old? To gradually be stripped of all you cared about. And then what? Were you supposed to spend the rest of your life, dreaming about the past while you waited to die? Or did you start a new life, set the cycle in motion once again. Take the chance of losing that, too. And if you did, what happened to the old life? Did it die away from lack of attention?” 3 likes
“Strength ebbed and flowed, but brittle would break.” 2 likes