Start by marking “Reiki Esencial” as Want to Read:
Reiki Esencial

Reiki Esencial

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  3,892 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
HEALING, ENERGY, INNER IMPROVEMENT. THE MOST COMPLETE GUIDE FOR THE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ANCIENT HEALING ART.
Paperback
Published February 1st 1996 by Robin Book (first published April 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Reiki Esencial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reiki Esencial

Gaia
Nov 09, 2012 Gaia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reiki
Diane Stein is one of my favorite authors and this is a good starting place to learn about Reiki. She got a lot of flack from the Reiki community when she published this book because she published the secret Reiki symbols that no other Reiki master had ever revealed publicly. But Diane's perspective is that Reiki is such an important tool for the transformation of all the beings of Earth and for Mother Earth Herself, that it needs to be shared with as many people as possible and a person's wealt ...more
Kait
Oct 07, 2012 Kait rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most amazing books I've ever read. As a non-traditional Reiki student who is fighting for Reiki to be free and available to everyone and all creatures, I really vibe with everything that Diane teaches in this book. It has exposed truths to me that I have known since I was a child and forgotten. Not only is it beautifully written, but Diane is an amazing, brave soul for writing it. I have had no traditional or conventional Reiki training yet as soon as I began to read this book ...more
Lynne Carol
Mar 06, 2015 Lynne Carol rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am a Reiki master, and can follow my lineage of master teachers. I am 5th in line after Usui, the originator of Reiki. In our area, we have found Reiki to be taught wrong by others who claim to have the knowlegde. Our issue is to please pass on the information correctly. I am very saddened from reading this book. Stein's representation of some of the symbols is incorrect and her method of initiation keeps me wondering. It is everyone's right to express themselves, but I do not find this book a ...more
Casey Smith
Sep 29, 2012 Casey Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book at the library long before my sister recommended I read it!

Throughout this book I leared the art of Reiki and healing touch natural therapy at a time when I was able to incorporate what I read into practical application. By no means am I a master and I probably learned just enough to show me that I wanted to learn more; however, I was certainly able to provide my ailing Father with comfort and loving touch in the days leading up to his death from Alzheimer's.

Since that time, I
Ken
Oct 12, 2010 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wellness
I've been reading this off and on for the past 3 years, so I can't claim it's a fast read (for me), but I found the material very useful. Highly recommended to anyone interested in Reiki, even if it is mostly written for women. What I need to reconcile going forward is whether her system of one attunement fits all is the approach for me, and which versions of the symbols - particularly her radically different dai-ko-myo - strike a chord with me. One small complaint is the certainty or near-certa ...more
Car
May 25, 2008 Car rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! She's a total pioneer in Reiki. Interesting read. Also goes against what I have learned (sharing symbols prior to attunements). However, I like her philosphy of giving everyone healing and attunements, regardless of whether they can afford it. Controversial for sure, bold and I love it.
Linda
Nov 14, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
A good beginning for anyone interested in learning about Reiki
Ivana
Apr 28, 2015 Ivana rated it really liked it
Cual si estuviese dictando una clase en persona, la autora expone su método sobre esta herramienta de la que aparentemente, está al alcance de todos. La explicación es tan cercana y sencilla que a pesar de que al finalizar se sospecha que va a requerir releerse en un futuro, la perspectiva queda considerablemente ensanchada incluso si no se estaba familiarizado con el tema.

El libro habla de una peregrinación concebida de pruebas donde por el contrario de cumplir pautas preestablecidas, se ve una
Kipahni
May 25, 2013 Kipahni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I am not a reiki practitioner. I was curious about the concept and what it was and my friend is a level 2 and said this would be a good introduction into reiki.Here are the things I question:
1st part of the book the author states that humans did not evolve but are decedents of other planetary beings and that reiki was brought from them. As of yet we have not found evidence of life on other planets and even if we did, I would highly doubt we would share the same DNA/chemical make-up as their sola
Luminea
Oct 10, 2014 Luminea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reiki
This was a very courageous book for Diane Stein to write and publish at the time. Although I am skeptical about the channelled information that she presents regarding the origins and history of Reiki, her passion and dedication to Reiki is clear. (The verifiable facts of what we do presently know about Mikao Usui and how he created the Reiki system can be found in the works of Bronwen and Frans Stiene.)

I learned some interesting things in this book that were not shared with me by either of the
Kiyoshi Takahashi
Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art by Diane Stein is a must-have for any Reiki or reiki practitioner. Diane's book is the first Reiki book to "break the secrecy" behind the powerful Reiki Symbols, which previously cost the average Reiki Master $10,000 -- the equivalent of $56,100 in 2012 -- to learn.

Diane's presentation of Reiki information is 100% accurate for the time it was written in, and therefore represents a significant turning-point in Reiki History. You may or m
Sharonk
This book has been mentioned to me and I have seen it cited in other books so I decided to read it. Unfortunately it left me with mixed feelings. While there is some useful information, parts of the book are speculative and Stein seems to want to marry Jesus and Reiki to Buddhism. In parts of the books Stein comes off as a bit of a loose cannon. Some of her advice makes you wonder. For example there is a table for emotional sources of disease and for migraines the source is "anger and perfection ...more
Sherry J
Jul 27, 2015 Sherry J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a wonderful book explaining not only the history of Reiki the author also shares here personal experience and philosophy with regards to using and sharing the healing method. Those interested in learning more about Reiki and/or expanding your personal healing skill set reading this book is a great place to start.

It's a wonderful book explaining not only the history of Reiki the author also shares her personal experience and philosophy with regards to using and sharing this healing method. Thos
Tal MacNeil
Jan 08, 2015 Tal MacNeil rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: woo
The reviews on Amazon warned me about this, but wow, there are a lot of obnoxious and irrelevant opinions in this book! Atlantis, aliens, "all religions and ethics actually originate in Eastern religions", ahistorical matriarchy stuff, Jesus lived in India, it's all here. I did like the feminism that the reviewers complained about--I enjoyed the fact that throughout the whole book Stein uses "woman" as the default for "person" and that all the figures in the diagrams are female. Good. Stein is c ...more
Linda
May 11, 2015 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fiercely feminist, and with techniques that deviate greatly from traditional reiki, this book should be read as a supplement to your education, not as an original source. She angered a great deal of people when she printed the symbols, and some people refused to teach her because of this and also how she changed Usui reiki into something that is similar, but maybe not quite reiki.

She also goes quite woo-woo at times, e.g., speculating on how reiki might have come from another planet, which makes
Odin Nightmair
Jul 31, 2016 Odin Nightmair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good, the origins she lists were kinda out there. I Still recommend Magick of Reiki first, but this is a good second.
Ron Campbell
Apr 07, 2012 Ron Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: healing, reiki
Stein's book I find to be very helpful in understand some of the history of Reiki and in the Reiki Symbols. It is with this book that I started by 5 years of studying Reiki.

Most of my issue's with Stein's book is her philosophy of both Reiki and of the process of Healing. Although there is much in the way of positive information in the book, Stein does need to take a share of the responsibility in how Reiki has been so commercialized over the last decade or so.

Marnie
Jul 15, 2016 Marnie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
This book is very opinion based and left me with more questions that answers. I know it is usually looked upon as the 'go to' Reiki handbook but it would not be what I would recommend.
Joanne
Feb 28, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a Reiki Master myself, and I find the information (pertaining to reiki itself) to be reliable. There are parts of the book where I am skeptical as to where she got the information (i.e. Jesus in India), but as with any book, take everything with a grain of salt. If it sits well with you, great, and if it doesn't, don't believe it. We are created with a brain to decide for ourselves what we will accept and what we will not, so use it.
Jan 15, 2014 5 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: go-read-this-now
This book takes what you may call a defiantly non-traditional approach to an ancient healing art.

I've seen & felt Reiki work, so whether it exists or has a use is not a question for me. Therefore, this book was a welcome & lucid summation of What It's All About. An open mind and a little patience with the author's mostly-charming quirks may be required. Or just treat it like speculative fiction if that's easier for ya :)
Libby
The inclusion of the attunement process itself is a bold and controversial move. The process is fully explained from the view of the receiver as well as the one providing the attunement. However "against the rules" this may be I found this less disturbing than Ms. Steins attitudes towards men in this book...an interesting addition to the literature on Reiki.
Silas
Aug 11, 2011 Silas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book, informationally, though I might have prefered a bit less channeled material, and the writer's style didn't make me very comfortable. It's very oriented towards women, almost to the point of disregarding men as reiki practitioners. Still, the information's all there, but if you're looking for a first book on the subject, I might try elsewhere.
Erin
Jan 27, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Erin by: Pam Halton
This book did have some good tips about Reiki and using the symbols, but there is something about the book I don't like all that much. I'm not sure what it is exactly, except maybe that much of it is opinion-based, and I don't necessarily agree with that opinion. I think a book that delves deeper in to the origin of Reiki is what I need.
Michelle
Apr 10, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I re read this one every time I teach another Reiki class. I do not agree with everything that Stein writes but I do believe this book is a must have reference for Reiki practitioners and teachers. It contains a solid foundation of practical, fundimental Reki knowledge.
Barbara
This was the first book I read when I became interested in Reiki. Reading it spurred me on to learn more and eventually to take classes and become certified. I am still an occasional fan of western medicine for certain ailments, but do seek alternatives for life living events. I
Kayce Pearson
Oct 29, 2015 Kayce Pearson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that she gave information I hadn't read or been told before my attunements, but I do wish it had been a little longer with more information. It's good as a crash course in Reiki and the levels, but I wanted more out of it for being an Essential guide.
Every paragraph is a study all it's own. I've read it cover-to-cover several times, and every time I pick this book up, I learn something new! It's been an invaluable reference on my journey as a Reiki Master in Diane Stein's tradition.
Kerry
Jul 02, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book which exudes a warm loving energy within the words. It explains Reiki in a wonderful easy to understand way, making it accessible to all which is the authors aim. A must read for anyone interested in Reiki & healing.
Becky
Apr 19, 2007 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very folks-y approach to Reiki. Lays out what it is, how it works and what you can (and can't) do with it. The author does interject a lot of Wiccan ideas and some man-hating rises to the top, but overall, a very informative book.
Sarah B.
Sep 27, 2010 Sarah B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is indeed essential to any serious Reiki practitioner. Well written. Makes information that many traditional/conservative Reiki masters believe should be kept from the general public very accessible.
The Best Source for Reiki Energy AmitaUSA.com 2 11 Nov 25, 2014 07:10PM
  • Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Reiki, the Healing Touch: Japanese Reiki Techniques and Hayashi Healing Guide
  • The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals
  • Reiki: A Comprehensive Guide
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Reiki Sourcebook
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui: The Traditional Usui Reiki Ryoho Treatment Positions and Numerous Reiki Techniques for Health and Well-Being
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Hands Of Light
  • Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System
  • Animal Magick the Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
Diane Stein (1948 - Present) is a natural healer and teacher of women's spirituality for thirty years. She is the author of thirty-three books on healing, natural remedies, metaphysics, women's spirituality, and the Goddess. Diane lives in Florida with her dogs. You may also find her at: Facebook.com/DianeSteinAuthor
More about Diane Stein...