Start by marking “Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #2)

Nine's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #2)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,510 Ratings  ·  344 Reviews
Number Nine—when John frees him from his cell in the power of six, he's ferocious, reckless, and ready to fight back. But being held captive changes a person—even a Lorien. See what Nine was like before his capture, and read about his dramatic escape from his point of view.
Published February 28th 2012 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Nine's Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nine's Legacy

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiGlitches by Marissa MeyerHana by Lauren OliverSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
34th out of 609 books — 1,138 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOrigin by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Host by Stephenie Meyer
Best Alien Romance
89th out of 337 books — 557 voters

More lists with this book...

Magic Tiglao
Dec 23, 2012 Magic Tiglao rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-2012
Reading this book, I have learned the real "Nine". Having the fact that I found him being such a jerk to Four, I judged him too harshly. Now that I've read his part of the story, I can see why he became like that.

It's funny because behind that strong facade of his, lied a very distinct character similar to that of four. Just like Four, his Cepan died because of a stupid decision he made (Choosing to stay because of a girl). Unlike him though, Nine became more mature and reserved. What can we sa
Taja
May 12, 2016 Taja rated it really liked it
It was really nice to get Nine's full story. I have a much better understanding of why he is so stoic. I didn't enjoy him very much in The Rise of Nine (which I read before this), but I can now see the reason for many of his attitudes and choices. My impression of him was mirrored by how Four sees him through his narrative.

Nine, in The Rise of Nine, came across as brutish and irresponsible. Until the end, (view spoiler)
⚜Angela⚜
Oct 12, 2015 ⚜Angela⚜ rated it really liked it
Nine is one of my favorite characters in the series. It's interesting to see things from his perspective and understand what he's been through that has shaped him into the person he is. As reckless as he sometimes is, he is definitely one of the strongest Garde.
Andrew Hildreth
Mar 01, 2012 Andrew Hildreth rated it it was amazing
I was a little apprehensive about getting into Nine's head. One of things I loved most about his character when introduced in The Power of Six was his mysteriousness. He was awesome from the get-go, and I was nervous to really hear his thoughts.

I must say, I was surprised. Although his story starts off differently than I imagined, it sets his character even more. Who he was at the beginning and who he is now are quite different--and very much in a good way. I liked seeing his character growth o
Thenia
Oct 01, 2014 Thenia rated it liked it
What is it with the guys in this series? Are they all going to become stupid for girls?

Nine starts out reckless and arrogant, making a stupid decision because he's bored and then inevitably facing the consequences. But that's not enough it seems, because he acts childishly, too, freezing out his cepan at a very crucial time because he 'needs time'. Sure, why not worry the guy to death and have your pity party trusting someone you shouldn't trust and ignoring almost everything you've been taught?
Karmina Santos
I enjoyed this far better than Six's legacy. This is because of 3 reasons. The first reason being it wasn't redundant in a sense. You can read all about six's past and how she got her legacies if you read all 3 of the books already. Even if Six's legacy was compiled in one short story where I could easily connect the dots, I didn't get a fresh perspective on her character. This is unlike Nine's legacy mainly because I got to know Nine better. I finally understood why he was being so mean to Four ...more
Noella
Jun 22, 2015 Noella rated it really liked it
Nine's Legacy digs into Nine's POV and shows us how Nine was and what has shaped his character in the Lorien Legacies series. Nine was quite sheltered by his Cepan until a Mogadorian follows him home and Nine is forced to make his first kill. His Cepan encourages him to experience a normal life (well, a normal human life) and this sets off a chain of events that eventually lead to Nine being held captive in a Mogadorian mountain base for a year before Sam and Four rescues him (in The Power of Si ...more
Michael
May 01, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
I really love these in between books for this series. They give you so much more detail about each member of the Garde then you would get from just reading the book. Number Nine's story is really interesting, getting to know him as a character is awesome. You get to learn exactly how he ended up in the situation he was in with the previous book and it sets up the next book really nicely, which I now can't wait for. His cepan, Sandor was really interesting as well and I loved learning about both ...more
Janus Vielle (The Blair Book Project)
From the title itself, we can assume that we’re going to be seeing a snippet on Nine’s life. When the first short story of I Am Number Four: The Lost Files came out, it was about Six. I enjoyed the book but since I’ve already read the Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) prior to it, I felt that it was sort of a letdown since I’ve caught a glimpse of it from Power of Six. Now, if I read Six’s Legacy (Lorien Legacies #0.5) first, I probably would’ve been blown away by the story.

Alright, I’m babblin
Sharmine Ortiz
May 19, 2013 Sharmine Ortiz rated it it was amazing
I actually intended to read Nine's Legacy after reading The Rise of Nine. Which for a second thought, is wrong. As my friend send me a suggested pattern of reading the IAN4 series, I immediately stopped reading The Rise of Nine and went to Nine's Legacy.

Nine's character in the book The Power of Six is something I find to be interesting. As I've said before, Nine's my crush, of all the Garde.. so far. (I still don't know Five and Eight's gender eh.) As I read Nine's Legacy, I realize that somehow
Cristy
Mar 12, 2012 Cristy rated it really liked it
Yay!.. Nine’s story!! Having just finished THE POWER OF SIX where we were given a tiny taste of Nine at the very end, I was excited to get to dive into this and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed in the least. I AM NUMBER FOUR: THE LOST FILES: NINE’S LEGACY (The Lorien Legacies #2.5) is a pretty in-depth account of Nine’s history up to his appearance in book #2. He is an interesting character and a welcome addition to the crew in my opinion. .. Although, to be honest my interest was already mor ...more
Dulce María
Jan 16, 2016 Dulce María rated it liked it
SPOILERS
Me desespero la actitud de niño mimado que tenía 9, sobre todo por lo que le causo a Sandor que me caí bastante bien. Creo que 9 es de los que mejor vivía y no supo apreciar lo que tenía hasta que fue muy tarde esperemos que aprenda a perdonarse a si mismo y a apreciar lo que tiene.
Charlotte
Oct 24, 2015 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nine is probably one of my favourites in the Garde
Lyanndra
Feb 09, 2014 Lyanndra rated it it was amazing
So I've said before that Nine is one of my favorite characters from The Lorien Legacies and I loved reading about his own struggles before ending up with Four and the rest of the Garde. His situation makes the statement "Boredom can kill you" all too literal. Not to mention the fact that Nine's story is another one of those themed "'Twas Beauty killed the Beast". I think that of all the Garde, so far, Nine had the best Cepan and the better life, and it was a shame that he threw it all away for s ...more
Charlene
Apr 28, 2014 Charlene rated it liked it
Hey, I'm now here in the hospital, my Dad was rushed today here in the hosp, he's been diabetic ever since he was 16 years old. He's now on hemo theraphy 3 times a week, dialysis. & today, or should I say everyday, he's getting worst.

Me and my mom just talked abt this situation, we're hell of a sad yeah, not to mention he's near dying. But just have faith. Right?
Anyway.. He's sleeping as of the moment, & we're here in the ER. Waiting for the signal to go upstairs for his room. So I final
Elian ortega
Jan 14, 2015 Elian ortega rated it it was amazing
 Marla
3.5 stars. I LOVE Nine and Sandor's penthouse suite John Hancock Center Chicago skyline apartment with all its electronic gadgetry. (view spoiler) ...more
Charlotte
Jan 21, 2014 Charlotte rated it really liked it
Expanding my Lorien knowledge even further, I read Nine’s legacy. And whilst I was not as interested in it as Six’s and the books themselves, I still found it interesting. A great insight into Nine’s life before being captured.
image

The story of Nine’s time before being rescued by John and Sam. About their what led them to setting up life in plain sight. The struggles Nine faced whilst in Chicago and the events that led to his capture by the Mogadorians.

I don’t know. For some reason I did not fin
DivergentMazeGames178
Rating:3/5
Whilst again the writing in my opinion has improved since the first two books, I actually found this short story rather boring. You have to give it credit for some stuff, though. Since I read this before Rise Of Nine I didn't know Nine's back story (I don't know if that's included in RoN) and the antigravity aspect was handled really well. I was shocked and surprised throughout the story, and that's a great thing, but overall I had the same problem with the first novella- the character
Danielle
Oct 27, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it

I have never been a huge fan of Nine. This story gives some explanations to why he is such a jerk. I have enjoyed these short stories that give a little more background on some of the characters. However, I feel like in both cases I am guessing when their Cepan will die.
Namista
Feb 12, 2016 Namista rated it really liked it
Now I understand why Nine is so popular. Nine's emotional development and learning through the horrors he had to endure truly makes me respect him. He may still be childish, but he seems more like a hero than Four.

It is apparent why Four is the leader though. Not only is his the threat on his life more immediate, he is also more humane and connected to Earth than the other Garde (his connection with Sarah definitely helps here.) In contrast, Nine's attempt at forming a human connection lead him
Austin Martin
Mar 09, 2012 Austin Martin rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is awesome because we never really know what the past lives of the Garde before we meet them in the books! I hope that we see more like this for the other members still alive except Four, Six, and Seven.
Xavier
Sep 15, 2014 Xavier rated it it was amazing
This book is very interesting and full of action. It is a great book to read. This book though is hard to understand if you have not read the whole series, which i highly recommend. This book though is about Nines life and how he develops hi powers. It also includes his social life and how he meets a girl and then something happens. I think my favorite part is when they are training because it is really cool when he learns to fight and use his legacies. I would definitely recommend this whole se ...more
Paola Gabriella
Este me ha gustado mucho, no tanto como el de Los Legados Caídos, pero si mucho más que Los Legados de Seis.

Al principio no me encantó, porque la razón por la que me ha gustado el personaje de Nueve en TRo9 es por ser este chico sarcástico y badass, cosa que no es al principio. Aunque si me interesó mucho llegar a conocerlo un poco más, cómo se convirtió en ese chico.

Me ha gustado su cêpan, Sandor, y la relación que tenía con Nueve. Es la primera relación que no siento tan forzada.

Pero lo que d
Abduraafi Andrian
Terkadang, dengan tubuh yang kekar dan seram tidak mengubah apapun. Begitupun dengan Nomor Sembilan.

Aku hanya menikmati ketika Nomor Sembilan bertemu dan diserang oleh Mogadorian, yang sayangnya itu ada di setengah bagian terakhir.

Selebihnya, aku merasa bosan. Ceritanya sungguh datar. Hanya Nomor Sembilan dengan Sandor dan Maddy. Ya, berputar-putar di situ saja. Sepertinya penulis ingin membangun karakter agar lebih mendalam buat mereka bertiga, tapi menurutku gagal.

Semuanya terbayar dengan ceri
Virna
Jun 23, 2014 Virna rated it liked it
This short was less detailed than the one about Six and the two characters felt distant throughout the story and I hardly felt for them. With the way they behaved around each other, it makes wonder how they managed to last that long.
Anyway, I really hope that one of these guardians makes it out alive. I don't see why there's this urgency to kill them off. They are basically parents, after all. Also, Pittacus is making a really annoying pattern with girls ultimately betraying the guy in question
Noa
Dec 20, 2013 Noa rated it really liked it
This is the second Lost File in the Lorien Legacies Lost Files; novella/ebook series and extension and back story to the main Lorien Legacies series. These give the depth and character building that the main series at times lacks. I admit it's a little confusing putting these in order with the main series and I think there should be a chronically chart for the entire series. That way you can know what events happen when and who is where at what point in time.

This is told from Nine's point of vi
Jason Pennock
Apr 06, 2016 Jason Pennock rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reading
As with the other Shorts, we get the history of one of the characters, in this case, Number Nine, who shows up at the end of the Power of Six. Nine is difficult to like in the Power of Six, he is kind of arrogant, cocky, ignorant, etc.
But when you read this story, you fully understand why. This story explains the history of Nine and his Cepan Sandor. Of how they did what the other Loric did, moved around until Sandor got sick of it and then settled down. Sandor is a tech geek, and makes things.
Aparajitabasu
Apr 16, 2012 Aparajitabasu rated it really liked it
We saw nine in the last Lorien Legacies book, now this is the back story of number nine and how the Mogs arrested him. Presenting Lorien Legacies #2.5 I am Number Four: The Lost Files : Nine's Legacy by Pittacus Lore .

Here is the summary of the book:

Number Nine—when John frees him from his cell in the power of six, he’s ferocious, reckless, and ready to fight back. But being held captive changes a person—even a Lorien. See what Nine was like before his capture, and read about his dramatic escap
Jenny
Feb 18, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I’m really having a great time reading this series. Well this book is particularly about Nine. The Book was just a short story that I really appreciate. There are no long introductions of what Nine’s life has been. It was well narrated in a simple but complete way on how they lived, what they did to survive and what they did keep hidden from Mogadorians.

After reading the POWER OF SIX (Legacy #2) I’ve been very intrigued in what happened to Nine that lead him to be captured. And who was his Cepan
The Readers Club: The Lost Files: What do you think of nine's legacies? 1 2 May 24, 2012 05:55PM
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story (Starters, #0.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #5.5)
  • Pale
  • Resist (Possession, #0.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Deep (Ingo, #3)
  • Edge of Mercy (The Mercy Series, #1)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Phoenix (Five Ancestors: Out of the Ashes, #1)
  • Crazy Jack
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return - An Untold Tale: Elena's Christmas (The Vampire Diaries: The Return Extras, #0.5)
  • Gold, Babies and the Brothers Muldoon (Skulduggery Pleasant #2.5)
  • Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey, #4.5)
Pittacus Lore is the collection pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes.
More about Pittacus Lore...

Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #1)
  • The Fallen Legacies (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #3)
  • The Search for Sam (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #4)
  • The Last Days of Lorien (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #5)
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Five's Legacy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7)
  • Return to Paradise (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #8)
  • Five's Betrayal (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #9)
  • The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)
  • The Navigator (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files #11)

“My iPod rumbles again. It's not actually an iPod. It doesn't play any music and the earbuds are just for show. It's a gadget that Sandor put together in his lab.
It's my Mogadorian detector. I call it my iMog.”
46 likes
“There are rules for hiding in plain sight. The first rule, or at least the one that Sandor repeats most often, is “Don’t be stupid.”

I’m about to break that rule by taking off my pants.”
41 likes