Start by marking “The Five Elements (The Alchemancer: Book One)” as Want to Read:
The Five Elements (The Alchemancer: Book One)

The Five Elements (The Alchemancer)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Aaron—scholar, alchemist, and sorcerer's apprentice—wants nothing more than to study his tomes, perform his experiments, and spend time with his closest friend, Shanna. Substitute the occasional romp about the city for the books and plenty of games of crutchit for the smelly alchemicals, and Shanna is just fine with that, too.

Their routines—and their lives—are thrown into...more
Published December 8th 2010 by Umberland Press

To ask other readers questions about The Five Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Five Elements

filter: 5 stars  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Terra Harmony
Wow – just wow. I added this book to my TBR list because of 'the elemental power' aspect which I incorporate into my own books. I was curious to see another author's take on it. What I didn't expect is to be sucked into the book to where I was forced to shirk all work, parental, and clean-up responsibilities just so I could find out what happened next in this world Scott Marlowe created! He is, as far as I know, a relatively undiscovered author – but give it time, people.

Although this book is ap...more
Timmain
The Five Elements is an enveloping story that drags you in and doesn't let go. I enjoyed it immensely. The characters come to life and tell their story in a way that shows the authors passion for the subject matter. I myself do not have any background or knowledge of alchemy and yet the story is written such that I had no trouble following along and cheering the heroes on through every step of their journey. Well done Mr. Marlowe.
Ionia
I read a previous book by this author not too long ago, and although I enjoyed it, there were some quirks. I was excited to see where he would go with this book, and now I feel lucky that I had a chance to read it. WITHOUT SPOILERS: It is very obvious that this author has grown in his craft and has settled into a comfortable pattern of writing books that are both vibrant and entertaining. The description in this book far surpassed my expectations. The characters were multidimensional and created...more
Phoenix Carvelli
Review copy won on Goodreads.com on 3-10-12.

I loved this book! Read it through in one night! The characters take you along for quite an adventure! The characters are very believable in some unbelievable situations but they display very real and sometimes raw emotions. Very well written. An exciting plot and subplots which weave a fantastic adventure. If you like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, you will definitely enjoy this book. I personally hope to see more from Scott Marlowe! Well done!
Susan
I found Scott Marlowe’s The Five Elements to be an interesting mix of epic fantasy and the mechanical elements of steampunk. The setting is pure fantasy, with sorcery, alchemy, dwarves, witches, and nonhuman races of sentient creatures, including some based on cats and reptiles. The inclusion of infernal machines adds to the story, even though they seem more steampunk than fantasy. It is clearly a story of the battle between good and evil, with some clear-cut villains and some surprising charact...more
The Five Elements now has a map! 3 7 Oct 20, 2014 06:39AM
Making Connections: 1050. - THE FIVE ELEMENTS by Scott Marlowe 27 94 Aug 23, 2013 08:08PM
Indie Book Club: May 2013 Fantasy BotM: Five Elements 19 21 Jun 01, 2013 05:26AM
Authors Lounge: What to do when a reviewer includes spoilers? 1 14 Apr 20, 2012 02:21PM
  • Thread Slivers (Golden Threads Trilogy, #1)
  • Brother, Betrayed
  • Fezariu's Epiphany
  • Dragon Fate (War of the Blades, #1)
  • Rebellion (Chronicles of Charanthe, #1)
  • The Fall of Ossard (Ossard Series #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • Critical Failures
  • The Warlock (Waterspell, #1)
  • Greek Gods and Goddesses Gone Wild: Bad Behavior and Divine Excess From Zeus's Philandering to Dionysus's Benders
  • Enter to Win
  • The Kaiser Affair (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #1)
  • The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles
  • The Necro Device
  • Assassin's Curse (The Witch Stone Prophecy, #1)
  • The Storm Dragon's Heart (Storm Phase #1)
  • Ice Diaries
  • Song of the Fairy Queen
Scott Marlowe writes both straight-up fantasy and science fantasy. We all know anything can happen in fantasy. But toss in some pseudoscience, an infernal machine or two, and a healthy dose of rampant sorcery and you've got a true recipe for disastrous adventure and fun.

Scott holds degrees in Computer Science Engineering, Comparative Literature, and English from the University of California, Davis...more
More about Scott Marlowe...
The Hall of the Wood Fine Wine (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #1) The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer: Book Two) Killing the Dead (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #2) The Goddard Affair  (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #4)