Start by marking “The Five Elements (The Alchemancer #1)” as Want to Read:

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Aaron—scholar, alchemist, and sorcerer's apprentice—wants nothing more than to study his tomes, perform his experiments, and spend time with his closest friend, Shanna. Substitute the occasional romp about the city for the books and plenty of games of crutchit for the smelly alchemicals, and Shanna is just fine with that, too.

Their routines—and their lives—are thrown into
Published December 8th 2010 by Umberland Press

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Five Elements by Scott Marlowe
    The Five Elements (The Alchemancer #1)
    Two copies available to the winners.

Enter a world where the lines between science and sorcery are blurred.

Aaron is destined for greatness. Shanna's fu…more
    Giveaway dates: Feb 17 - Mar 17, 2015
    2 copies available, 418 people requesting
    Countries available: US and CA
  • Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Five Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Five Elements

filter: 5 stars  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
    Terra Harmony
    Wow – just wow. I added this book to my TBR list because of 'the elemental power' aspect which I incorporate into my own books. I was curious to see another author's take on it. What I didn't expect is to be sucked into the book to where I was forced to shirk all work, parental, and clean-up responsibilities just so I could find out what happened next in this world Scott Marlowe created! He is, as far as I know, a relatively undiscovered author – but give it time, people.

Although this book is ap
    Susan
    I found Scott Marlowe’s The Five Elements to be an interesting mix of epic fantasy and the mechanical elements of steampunk. The setting is pure fantasy, with sorcery, alchemy, dwarves, witches, and nonhuman races of sentient creatures, including some based on cats and reptiles. The inclusion of infernal machines adds to the story, even though they seem more steampunk than fantasy. It is clearly a story of the battle between good and evil, with some clear-cut villains and some surprising charact ...more
    Timmain
    The Five Elements is an enveloping story that drags you in and doesn't let go. I enjoyed it immensely. The characters come to life and tell their story in a way that shows the authors passion for the subject matter. I myself do not have any background or knowledge of alchemy and yet the story is written such that I had no trouble following along and cheering the heroes on through every step of their journey. Well done Mr. Marlowe.
    Ionia
    I read a previous book by this author not too long ago, and although I enjoyed it, there were some quirks. I was excited to see where he would go with this book, and now I feel lucky that I had a chance to read it. WITHOUT SPOILERS: It is very obvious that this author has grown in his craft and has settled into a comfortable pattern of writing books that are both vibrant and entertaining. The description in this book far surpassed my expectations. The characters were multidimensional and created ...more
    Phoenix Carvelli
    Review copy won on Goodreads.com on 3-10-12.

I loved this book! Read it through in one night! The characters take you along for quite an adventure! The characters are very believable in some unbelievable situations but they display very real and sometimes raw emotions. Very well written. An exciting plot and subplots which weave a fantastic adventure. If you like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, you will definitely enjoy this book. I personally hope to see more from Scott Marlowe! Well done!
    The Five Elements now has a map! 3 7 Oct 20, 2014 06:39AM
    Making Connections: 1050. - THE FIVE ELEMENTS by Scott Marlowe 27 94 Aug 23, 2013 08:08PM
    Indie Book Club: May 2013 Fantasy BotM: Five Elements 19 21 Jun 01, 2013 05:26AM
    Authors Lounge: What to do when a reviewer includes spoilers? 1 14 Apr 20, 2012 02:21PM
    • Dragon Blade (War of the Blades, #2)
    • Fezariu's Epiphany (The Elencheran Chronicles #1)
    • Thread Slivers (Golden Threads Trilogy, #1)
    • Red Gone Bad
    • The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles
    • The Blood Gate
    • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
    • Modern Disciples: Volume 1
    • Critical Failures
    • Rebellion (Chronicles of Charanthe, #1)
    • Orlind (Draykon, #3)
    • Song of the Fairy Queen
    • Heart of the Witch
    • To Whatever End (Echoes of Imara #1)
    • Untouchable (Alpha Force, #10)
    • Greek Gods and Goddesses Gone Wild: Bad Behavior and Divine Excess From Zeus's Philandering to Dionysus's Benders
    • Fargoer
    • Ice Diaries

Goodreads Book Giveaway!

The Five Elements by Scott Marlowe

I'm giving away 2 print copies of The Five Elements.

Giveaway ends March 17, 2015. See details.

-----------------------

My latest Assassin Without a Name book, Thief's Gambit, is now available for pre-order. The official release date is March 10, 2015.

I write both straight-up fantasy and science fantasy, where the lines between magic and science are often blurred. Qui

More about Scott Marlowe...

The Alchemancer (3 books)
    • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
    • The Inversion Solution (The Alchemancer #3)
    The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2) Fine Wine (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #1) The Hall of the Wood Killing the Dead (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #2) The Goddard Affair (A Tale of the Assassin Without a Name #4)