Start by marking “The Game Games Bowl” as Want to Read:
The Game Games Bowl

The Game Games Bowl

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published 2011 by www.cad-comic.com

To ask other readers questions about The Game Games Bowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Game Games Bowl

Kim
This short story is part of the ongoing comic strip Ctrl-Alt-Del. The author decided instead of a lengthy comic arc he would present it as a novella instead. I'm glad he did. This was a fun little story about a gaming challenge that I want to take part in. Starring main character Ethan it involves 12 challegers, a paintball field/maze, obstacle courses, booby traps, gaming and only one winner.

It takes a bit to pick up but once it starts moving there's no stopping. For fans of the comic this is a
Blaine Moore
Fun romp in a different format that I'm used to for the ctrl-alt-del characters. It took a little while to find his voice, but Tim was telling a great story by the end and I hope that he ventures into prose again in the future. I think that reading the story this way was certainly more enjoyable than stretching it out for the next 6 months to read in graphical form (not that I'd have minded reading it all in one sitting in graphical form.)
Unwisely
This short story (novella? I'm not sure I know where the line is) is related to the Ctrl+Alt+Del webcomic, which I've followed for several years now. Or, rather, I used to follow it, then I decided I was going to try a different feed reader. I switched most of my feeds over, but realized I didn't like the new feed reader, and basically stopped reading a bunch of things. I finally added them back, but of course this meant I had a lot of catching up to do.

So I spent a pleasant while reading a year
Adam Smith
I started this while trying to back track to where I last read the comic, so I had a fair idea of who would win, but still the story itself was riveting.

The humour of the comic translates perfectly into written format with action scenes that really came to life. I couldn't stop reading.

Hopefully there will be more Ctrl+Alt+Del stories written in the future.
Gavin
A well written simple enjoyable story. I can see why the author didn't want to do it in comic form, it would have taken forever and still probably not have done it justice.

I would say any fans of the CAD comic should probably read it, if for no other reason than to know what happened during the gap in comics.
Bob
Quite a satisfying novella for fans of Ctr-Alt-Del. The writing starts off a bit weak, but cleans itself up as it goes. Considering how much time the author had to put this together, it is an enjoyable romp through Winter-een-mas!
Ashish
Surprisingly impressive. You don't need to be a CAD comics fan to appreciate this, though it helps, but what really blew me away was how intensely gripping it got. Read it over the course of one long conference call and loved it.
Ingo
Nice companion to the online comic. The fights where well though out and compelling. The end was a good touch. I am not too sure if I would have liked the story to be longer, as it was, I think it was just right.
Ben Stoutenburgh
Fun and exciting read. It was a great way to handle the Winter-een-mas story arc for 2012. The back story starts off at http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120106.
Samantha
Awesome read! I so want to play... I'd be owned... but it would be one of the most awesome (and possibly briefest) moments of my life!
Frans
It started off a bit slow, but quickly became quite interesting.
Tyler
Tyler added it
Mar 07, 2015
Dustin
Dustin marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Alasdair Shepherd
Alasdair Shepherd marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Rorikitty
Rorikitty marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Timothy Russell
Timothy Russell marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Marcus
Marcus added it
Mar 01, 2013
Wil
Wil added it
Nov 23, 2012
Artem Barinov
Artem Barinov marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Ctrl+Alt+Del Volume 1: This is a Great Idea Ctrl+Alt+Del Volume 2: Darwin Would Be Proud Ctrl+Alt+Del Volume 1: Insert Coin Muffins! Ctrl+Alt+Del Vol. 2: Press Start