Start by marking “The New Boy (Fear Street #20)” as Want to Read:
The New Boy (Fear Street #20)

The New Boy (Fear Street #20)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,611 ratings  ·  31 reviews
What a hunk! When handsome, mysterious Ross Gabriel comes to Shadyside High, all the girls want to date him...even the ones who already have boyfriends! Janie, Eve and Faith go so far as to make a bet...which one of them will he go out with first?
Published January 1994

To ask other readers questions about The New Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Boy

Jasmine123
This book is full of murder and has an ending that will leave you asking "why did he do it,why?" Not everything turns out to be what Janie thought it would be though. You guys should really read this book.
Reneé
Jul 18, 2009 Reneé rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I read this book when I was in elementary school - and I'm almost 20 now. I read it out of order, but I completely fell in love with 'Fear Street' series (all of them), and do plan to read every single one of them. It was rather creepy, but I loved it! I would definitely recommend it :)
Masuma Khan
This book was so interesting. When I got halfway through it I couldn't put the book down.
Marion Kuehne
So the last time I read this book, I think I was in middle school. I picked it up again after remembering how much I enjoyed this teen horror stories. It's not a bad book, and I can see why I liked it in the past, but as an adult I guess I'm used to books with a bit more to them. Even the current crop of YA books tend to have more development then the books of my teen years. I wish the author would go back and revise his old books. They're all good stories, but considering what teenagers read to ...more
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Ross is a new student at Shadyside High when the murders start happening. Janie and her friends don't know what to do so they make a bet. Who ever goes out with Ross Gabriel first gets the honor of a boyfriend. So one by one they go out with him. Only to end up dead. Janie's friends die one by one, she can't beilieve what is happening so she distances herself from Ross. Ross really likes Janie so she goes out with him and finds out that her best friend Ian is behind it all. When Ian calls her up ...more
Irene
Very quick read, about three high school friends all interested in the new boy at school. From there on, things go wrong: a murder takes place in the Fear Street Woods and the new boy is the main suspect. The short chapters are written in such a way that the ending makes you freak out about the logical next thing, but then something else happens at the beginning of the new chapter instead. I had never read any of R.L. Stine's books before, but found this copy in the library and was about to thro ...more
Jess
I found these in the donation box at work and I was so excited. Reading this brought back tons of memories of my younger days. I love how each chapter ends with such dramatic flair.
Kaylin Rodriguez
So tempting to read can sent chills down your spin
Lilly Zheng
Three girls that are high school friends all have the same crush on the new guy Ross. All three of them makes a bet on who can get with him first. However, slowly each one of them start to die off one by one. Ross is being suspected as the murder. This book can relate to some real life situations because girls are constantly going after the same guy just based on looks. When will they realize it's not just looks? I would recommend this book to anyone who would enjoy reading about high school dra ...more
Maggy
R.L. Stine es uno de mis autores favoritos y fue precisamente con éste titulo ("El chico nuevo" en mi país) por el cual lo conocí. Lo leí hace como 11 años, pero el libro ya tenía más tiempo de editado y a pesar de ello, me sigue gustando mucho. Es una historia "juvenil" que cuenta con muy buena dosis de suspenso, acción y hasta romance... hace que no pares de leer hasta terminarlo.
Drucilla
The misdirection of this book saved it from getting one star. I liked the plot and the characters weren't too annoying. I'm just a little disappointed that Stine chose to go with the (view spoiler).
Ms. Myers
Three friends Janie, eve, and faith each want to go out with Ross Gabriel and they make a bet ,who will first go out with him? Until one of them been murdered. But who has done it? Was it Ross?

The New Boy R.L.Stine
Eva
kalau jaman dulu baca buku spt ini bisa memakan waktu, tapi kali ini sama sekali nggak kerasa tau2 sudah halaman ratusan ;p
well, i like it.. fear street.. perhaps i'm going to read more of fear street series
Holland 2010
The main idea is Janie at school wants the new boy to ask her out. But, these two cheerleaders keep on getting to him when she tries to talk to him.I think she likes him. Jasmine Jackson
Rebecca
Ok so this book was very intense. Just a heads up that there is blood and some uh interesting descriptions. Other than that i really liked it!!
Catie kratts
this book was very depressing. why? half the people die. i read this book real fast. it was pretty good and pretty creepy. it was ok.
Jaime
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Brittany
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
Jessie
Shortly after a new boy moves into town, a string of murders starts.
an
semakin sering baca semakin ngebosenin cz cerita na gitu" mulu
Lynn
This chicks friends were mean! Totally unbelievable relationships.
Ray Waltz
This was great I would of never guessed the killer.
Caitlin
The New Boy (Fear Street, No. 20) by R.L. Stine (1995)
Christian Halim
MMmmmMmmm....
Pretty interesting I think..
good ending..
Michelle
A childhood favorite of mine.
Korbyn
Another good book by R.L. Stine.
Amina
Eeeek, gruesome! And scary!
Makie
interesting...
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)
  • The Wicked Heart
  • The Waitress
  • The Yearbook
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)